It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Illness at Sparks School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Mystery Illness at Sparks School

www.kolotv.com

RENO - The Washoe County Health District is trying to get find out what is causing a handful of students and staff at Sparks Middle School to get sick.

Health and school officials say it appears to be some kind of gastrointestinal illness and very contagious and not the flu.

At least 30 at the school, mostly students have fallen ill, over the past week. School officials contacted the health department earlier this week after noticing a higher than normal number of absences. A health department spokesman said they may know the exact cause of the illness by tomorrow.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Sparks MS is in a very low income area, and alot of these students are exposed to very old construction materials. There is alot of mold in many schools across the Reno-Sparks area. It may have been caused by any one of these things. But this just goes to show what a crappy system we have in Nevada. Our school funding has been suffering for more than a decade and now we're about to suffer 35 to 45 percent cuts. This isn't just in terms of workforce, but a cut in school days, maintenance, increase in class sizes(The two latter contribute to health problems) and a whole host of other things. So I expect to see more "Mystery illnesses" coming about not just here in Nevada, but everywhere in the US.

www.kolotv.com

[edit on 13-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Chemtrails. Gotta be the Chemtrails.

Or herpesyphlgonnhoraids

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Okay...now this is getting very curious:

Strange Sickness in Norfolk, VA

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Sergeant Stiletto]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Sparks MS is in a very low income area, and alot of these students are exposed to very old construction materials. There is alot of mold in many schools across the Reno-Sparks area. It may have been caused by any one of these things. But this just goes to show what a crappy system we have in Nevada. Our school funding has been suffering for more than a decade and now we're about to suffer 35 to 45 percent cuts. This isn't just in terms of workforce, but a cut in school days, maintenance, increase in class sizes(The two latter contribute to health problems) and a whole host of other things. So I expect to see more "Mystery illnesses" coming about not just here in Nevada, but everywhere in the US.

www.kolotv.com

[edit on 13-2-2009 by projectvxn]

Gastrointestinal would imply that it was something they ate. If it were the mold (which does create very serious hazards) or building construction materials (asbestos comes to mind), I would think that it would be more of a lung/breathing illness. Anyway, I'm afraid you're right about mystery illnesses more and more across the U.S., the latest Obama stimulus had zero in it for school construction/renovation. I guess they determined that it was more important to have electronic tracking of people's illnesses than try to prevent the illnesses in the first place.

Sorry about your situation there in Nevada.. chin up.. we're right behind you.

[edit on 13/2/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Perhaps they fed them peanut butter sandwiches? Have you read up on the current Salmonella outbreak that has been going on for some time. First they noticed the P.B. in places like schools

typhodial Salmonella

Clinical Manifestations:
a. Typhoid fever (a.k.a. “enteric fever”): Fever, abdominal pain, diarrhea and/or constipation, nonspecific
flu-like symptoms; also may have altered mental status (“muttering delirium”).

[edit on 13-2-2009 by mrsdudara]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Unless that mold or construction material got into the food supply or water supply. That would cause some gastrointestinal issues I imagine.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This illness is running crazy in Chattanooga Tennessee...

It has been all thru my family and my sons school and my grand daughters daycare...

I took my son to the doctor last week...She said it has been going around for the last couple of months...
That you might feel like you are getting better ...just for it to start all over with the symptoms...It just keeps hanging in there...we have had this for over a week...

The doctor did ask about peanut butter eating...We said no...We haven't been eating it...

She said that babies under 6 months are NOT eating peanut butter...It has to be viral of some kind...She is very concerned about it all...and seemed to be confused also...

I saw someone mention chemtrails...

Our skies have been FULL of them...I have seen them fill the skies every day...Even today...This morning...I can't help but think they are tied to this sickness ...In my opinion...

new topics

top topics

join