It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daschle Withdraws Nomination

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by inked up
Gibbs is being drilled on the breakdown of vetting and he is avoiding answering, during a current press conference. The press core is getting annoyed IMO. They keep asking him "what about the breakdown in vetting?" He says, "I do not want to talk about it". Then they get mad and say, "you dont want to talk about it?!" [im paraphrasing]

Obama and this administration is a joke.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by inked up]

Glib Gibbs is getting very good at dancing around the issues and brushing off reporters. I find his demeanor to be very condescending. Gibbs is a smart ass. I watch these briefings daily and he acts the same way every day.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Originally posted by Wildbob77
It's pretty amazing how many tax cheats hold prominent positions in the democratic party.

That's because to Democrats, not paying your taxes isn't a crime.

It's a resume enhancement.

Is this really going to be a 'bash' the democrats and further the ploy being perpetrated by the top to split us up even further?

"Oh, the evil democrats! Woes me!"

"The ignorant replublicans with their fixed conservative blinders on!"

It's pathetic really and from many of your posts I would have picked you as being an intelligent person that would have been able to find themself above this by now.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

I am above this, but I'm not above lightening the mood and telling jokes.

Lighten up a bit....

In reality though, this is a Democrat bill, and if it passes they will shoulder the full blame for it.

It is what it is.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Glib Gibbs is getting very good at dancing around the issues and brushing off reporters. I find his demeanor to be very condescending. Gibbs is a smart ass. I watch these briefings daily and he acts the same way every day.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by jibeho]

Just trying to be the lone voice of reason here. But were you saying similar things about Snow and Perino and the others that were the mouth piece for the Bush administration?

It was many of their blatantly demeaning and rude antics that really started to open my eyes to what was going on behind our backs. The many lies that they pushed on us in the name of the president of the United States still sits bitterly in my mouth.

Come on guys. I thought we were above this. I still want to think of myself as a conservative. However, I am an American above ALL OF THIS BS. And above that I am an man among billions on this tiny planet.

Yes, this is a rocky start for this administration and quite frankly I'm glad it is happening. Not for the reasons you guys are glad though. I'm glad because it means that these people, who are supposedly sheltered and hand picked by Obama and his administration are being called out for their immoral actions.

That is the bonus here. Now, if they were have stood by and followed through with letting them in, then I would have done what I did with Bush. Turned my back on him and his administration. That hasn't happened yet.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I understand that you were joking. I just wanted to point out that it isn't helping right now. Honestly, can I ask you a question.

Do you want Obama to fail at reviving this economy? Do you understand what that would mean? I know you do so I will let it go at that.

I would prefer that he succeeds. However, if he pushes this stimulus through as it currently stands, it will be a nail in his political coffin.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
Now, if they were have stood by and followed through with letting them in, then I would have done what I did with Bush. Turned my back on him and his administration. That hasn't happened yet.

I've already got over a trillion reason to turn my back on this administration.

Obama isn't looking out for this country, he's looking out for himself and his liberal buddies.

One look through the pork spending (stimulus) bill and you have all the proof you need.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Do you want Obama to fail at reviving this economy?

Obama has zero chance to revive this economy.

Zero.

However, if he pushes this stimulus through as it currently stands, it will be a nail in his political coffin.

And quite possibly a nail in this country's coffin.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by ConservativeJack

Although I can't disagree with you on the point that this is indeed turning into a nightmare for him (how many now have fallen due to low integrety actions?) but HE did NOT flub the pledge at the inauguration.

That was the man speaking before him. Kind of like a minister giving your wedding vows. If he said something like, "I Jim, vow to...." and your name is Mark and you repeat after him and say, "I Jim....", it is simply a common thing. When you are repeating after someone and they screw up the odds of you following suit are pretty amazing.

Now, if he flubbed that so much then why did he pause once he realized that it was wrong. What he did was simply try to move on with it to cover the other persons flub.

Still, more on topic, his picks are falling like Bush's cabinet the last couple years. Just goes to show how dependable our leadership is.

What is more pathetic is that these people are so well off that they OWE over $100k in taxes! (Daschle and the lady that bit it earlier). If you make enough money to owe that much then there is absolutely no reason to NOT file. Unless he believes as many do that you don't have to pay. hehe

Look, if Chief Justice or Obama fumbled it isn't the point,

the point is, it was messed up. the outcome will never change. no matter who is really at fault the final outcome is cemented.

can you say oooops ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join