It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Presidency 'Ignites Ku Klux Klan'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yeah, sure the majority represents the whole.

And the majority of Americans voted in a black man to the supreme political office!

I'm truly sorry for you if you suffered at the hands of racists, but to expand that to all white people is moronic.

I'm sure that you know I'm an immigrant in a majority white nation too, and I have never once felt discriminated against in a malicious manner...

Someone saying "thank you come again", while it does betray nominal racist thoughts (which are normal to everyone) is just banter. Its a joke, dont take it so seriously, and retort with something like "don't sleep with your sister" if you feel you must.

The world would be so much better if people didn't have chips on their shoulders...

I feel I have to respond to this comment being as your location states you're from London and you talk about being an "immigrant in a majority white nation".

Before I continue I would like to state that I come from a mixed race background, both of my parents are of black jamaican/white english descent (half and half). I'm in a semi unique position in which I can easily cross the racial lines that so many claim don't exist anymore. For whatever reason tho myself and all of my siblings look white - a deep tan, curly hair and tons of black family members being the only real clue as to our origins.

I also live in London. May I ask where you're from? I'm from an area in North London that is not unlike MOST of the capital city IMO, divided.

My entire life, throughout school and through the media I have been fed tripe about "multi racial communities" and how London is a shining example of how people from other nations can work together and I couldn't disagree more.

Almost my entire life I have seen and been the victim of intimidation and derogatory, racist comments at the hands of various ethnic minority groups, as have many of my white friends. I have seen first hand the utter disregard and contempt that a large majority of ethnic minorities in London have for the native white population. The lines of racial segregation are there for all to see and (IMO) are becoming more prominent.

From my own personal experience, I have witnessed and been a victim of many more acts of racism towards white english people than I have white on ethnic. I am very much aware that this sort of thing happens all over the world to people of all colours and creeds and my point in this post is not to denounce cross racial relations or anything like that, but to bring to the fore the issue that racism isn't (and has never been) the one way relationship that many people seem to think it is.

As an example - in my class in secondary school, out of a class of 27 there were 2 white english children. Of the remaining 26 were a wide range of nationalities from somalian to russian. The only kids who were allowed to engage in any type of relationship with someone who wasn't their religion/colour were those of white and/or christian backgrounds. The rest risked beatings from their parents or an eternity in hell from their "God". I also grew accustomed to no longer having a name and becoming "that white boy" which again, was common.

My view of America is that the issue of race is stressed far too much. If race isn't an issue then why have I had to hear about it and all our proported differences from the American film and media industry for aslong as I can remember?

I'm fed up of racism being a card that is played to suit the accuser.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
It didn't take a president to rob the people to stand up
It didn't take presidents to promote war in their name to stand up
all it took was a colored man for them to stand up

Americans truly are the most narrow-minded people on earth

Everyday I see more reasons making that claim true
specifically white caucasian americans, wherein the lot of them forgot they were the first illegal immigrants.

Unbelievable, such mass stupidity

Sounds like your a little narrow minded, stereotyping such a large group of people (Americans). Today, researchers estimate there may be more than 150 Klan chapters with 5,000-8,000 members nation wide, you can do the math that is a very small percentage of the U.S.'s white population. The article also said there online membership i.e. people going to their site reading and talking on their forum not going out and burning crosses. also I'm sure you are aware the U.S. is not the only country with these racist groups. Do a little research and you will find every country has race issues. Also if you think the U.S. is the most closed minded country in the world you are badley mistaken i.e. some Muslim countries and their treatment of women, I could go on forever with examples of racism sexism and the like in the world but it is to depressing I will agree with you on one thing though racism is definatley a good indicater of someones intelligences and moral character

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
secretagent woooman,

My family isn't quite that extreme, but you can tell that there are some deep seated beliefs. They do have a black friend here and there.

I do have some family that have adopted a baby of different races. One family member had a baby with a black girl. I think it kind of helps kill the "noise."

Troy

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Look at what George Carlin said; they on the top talk about the differences so we fight each other, so that they the rich can keep going to the bank. Fairly simple plan, happens to work.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
Whites may have played the slavery game to great effect and held power the longest in historical terms but they are no more racist than any other ethnic group. If you really want to see racism in action, visit China or Japan, they hate everyone else pretty openly. My cousin, who is half Micronesian and looks like a light-skinned Japanese, is stationed in Okinawa and has trouble non-stop with the locals because he is tall and fair complected. Don't even ask how they treat black soldiers!

I know that, I never denied it. But I never heard about the racism still in Japan. China I knew of

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ya a couple of them post here disguised as neocons.

and RR's

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

I could not have put it any better at all. Let's remember what Manuel Noriega thought of the naacp. He pretty much told them to keep their mouths shut.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dookzor

I see a lot of name-calling nowadays. I don't see name-calling as a big deal. People are too soft nowadays. Imagine 60 years ago when it wasn't just name-calling, but lynchings and such. You guys would have probably killed yourselves. I don't get what people are complaining about. Unless someone harms you or impedes you It shouldn't be a big deal. Gimme nowadays' so called "racism", over what was going on sixty years ago any time.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Darky6K,

Yeah, we seem to be preoccupied with a lot of things that just don't matter. All the while, the IRS sucks away our money and puts it somewhere. The banks rob us and say, "have a nice day." Then the ones who rob us get a bailout.

While we're fighting each other, and dealing with our "problems," a lot of us can't see what is going on, beyond that. People "don't seem to have time" to step back and really look at things.

I swear, people running around wearing white sheets, worrying about the black man getting some power, silly. As if, every black person is just frothing at the mouth to get into office, and create "hell on earth" for the white man.

Then you have gangs running around hating each other. WTF

Americans hating people from other nations. Other nations hating Americans. Other nations hating other nations. WTF

The media pumps out enough sewage to fill every home in the world. Open your eyes, you are being manipulated. Yes, I point my finger at the media, as part of the problem. So, digging further, what is this dark entity that drives the media? Who is it? Who is it that can't get enough of us tearing each other apart?

Troy

[edit on 1-2-2009 by cybertroy]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

In a word.....'WORD".

<< 2  3  4   >>

join