It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oscar Grant punched in the face before being shot (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
New video of BART officer punching victim in the face prior to second officer shooting him while he's laying face down!

ktvu video

So, he has been pulled off his train, verbally abused and threatened. Then he is punched, hard, in the face. Oh yeah, he was shot and killed, too.
This is in response to reports of a fight on the train, yet there seems to be no evidence that he was involved in this fight.

BART will investigate.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Well that video doesn't show the new angle. They say they are still trying to obtain the footage. Maybe they should have just searched on youtube?

This one does have the footage, and is a full news report covering it!
Brand new youtube post, just came out:

Shows the punch pretty clear, and put Oscar (later murdered) on the floor.

Because they are charging the shooting officer with murder, they said they may need to not charge the punching officer just yet because he could be needed as witness in the murder trial. But he clearly needs to be punished too. They comment that his escalation of violence by punching Oscar contributed to the later shooting.

[edit on Mon Jan 26th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thanks,
That was the video I was attempting to link to, not sure what I did wrong.
First post jitters?
Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Damn them, Damn them to hell for doing what they did. I think that officer that punched him in the face should be put up for assisting in the murder, for if he had not punched him in the face, and sent him down, the kid may have never of got shot.
And people dont understand why we hate cops. Yes, cops have a hard job, but if they cant handle that job with a degree of professionalism, then they shouldnt even be wearing a badge. Law enforcement has become the biggest crime syndicate to hit the streets.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Disgusting blue monkeys.

When blue monkeys die, only their families cry.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I am not an expert, but I am boxing trainer at a gym in Oklahoma, I also hold a brown belt in Judo and have studied Brazilian jiu-jitsu for a year. I also have extensive training in Kali and Krav Maga.

I worked in public safety for 10 years and 5 years in corporate security. Again I don't consider myself an expert. However, from perspective this was a group of officers out of control! That blow alone warrants prosecution.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It is my opinion that the officer who punched Oscar in the face was probably getting rough with the guys because of the fact that there was a female officer there. Captain-Save-A-Ho. But this time, his posturing for the female officer very well could have resulted in the death of an innocent man. He needs to be prosecuted for Human Rights Violations.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
very tragic. That officer should have been professional from the word go. I will not berate law enforcement because I feel that this cop falls under the 10% bad apples group. I hope he gets plenty of jail time to think about what he did and that they give him the most slippery bar of soap they can find.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If you are in a position of public trust, like cops, judges, or politicians, you should be required, under law, to receive double the penalty for any infraction. After all, if you don't want the responsibility, don't take the job.

I want to see all cops put away, for 30 years minimum with perfect behavior, for the murder of a real human being. Cops need to receive 10 years minimum for vehicular manslaughter.

Also, citizen who video tape or witness and testify against police abuses should receive "Community Service" awards and medals. Those persons are displaying the purest form of public service - protecting their neighbor from corruption. Maybe we could give such people local (state or council) tax breaks or something.

Jon

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Voxel

I was just having a debate with someone about this very subject the other day. I totally agree with you, and I refer to this as a "Hypocrisy Enhancement". If so many other crimes can have penalties enhanced, why not crime committed by the very people who are supposed to be preventing it.

As for the 10 percent bad apples, if feel the percent is much higher. Are all cops bad people? Certainly not. It is natural for hard working, responsible individuals to want to excel at their profession, whatever that may be. Failure is not an option, and so on, you know. However, as far as officers go, their zeal to excel, by any means necessary, leads to our rights being trampled, because they were "Just doing their jobs".

Unfortunately, many Americans seem to go along with this line of thought.
Whatever it takes to get the "Bad guys" off the street.

It's such BS!

new topics

top topics

join