It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Civilization...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I think that our civilization will 'kill itself', because, we keep abusing all of our resources. I know it seems quite farfetched but, we are using everything up. Please post what your predictions, or anything else you have to say.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I think our society will collapse due to the resistance of new immigrants to assimilate, particularly Mexicans, ok this sounds like something the grand dragon of the KKK would write but its true if you think about it and I recently read a report by a Duke professor who supported this hypothesis, currently its in my buddies car but I will produce it if I have to further defend my accusation, that as immigrants refuse to assimilate the fabric of our nation will disintigrate and make it easier for our system to fail.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I think that SC was talking about our use of the planet. I think that that is exactly what will happen if we continue to live in a society that allows corporations to exploit the world for profit. We are using it up.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
i really think that the Earth is a sentient being, just like we are, it is part of the collective conciousness. Does it make it better or higher than our own spirit? no, we are part of the Earth as Earth is part of us. We are composed of the same stuff that transforms energies into stars and the rest of the universe.

To keep to the point, the collective conciousness will not allow the total destruction of Earth, before this happens it will try to balance itself once more, you can only do so much to the environment until it "fights back."

Earth will combat what we are doing to it, just as our bodies combat viruses, and we are starting to see this "combat" become more violent.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
well said Muaddib, we are the earth and the earth is us. just remember when trying to tell the future, beyond 2012 no one should be able to tell any future becuase that will be a start of a new time period.

i am sure the human race will survive, but that does not mean there will be no disaters etc... like many people believe the people who run this world want the world population down to below a billion people, and this has also alot to do with the fact that we are the earth and the earth is us.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This brings up something not too many know about, fuel cells. In a few years fuel cell research is going to increase several fold. For those of you with jobs or some income I strongly suggest investing into that market. Most normal people view the stock exchange like the plague though

Earth concious.........
Human beings have a sick and ignorant view of being anthropomorphic(giving human attributes to things not human). That does of course stem from human empathy.

When it comes to using up our resources it really depends who will come out on top the secularlist/liberals or the conservitaves/traditionalist. All we have to do is enter everyting into the cycle, not conserve. But we must accept everything follows thermodynamics and thus entropy. There is no such thing as a perpetual cycle.
The greatest resource we have is the sun I don't think it will be long till we start tapping it much more effectively.

And 2012 the start of a new time period, stupid crackpot. Do you know how many prophets and time travellers have been proved wrong in the past, what the heck makes you think 2012 is any different.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
i really think that the Earth is a sentient being, just like we are, it is part of the collective conciousness. Does it make it better or higher than our own spirit? no, we are part of the Earth as Earth is part of us. We are composed of the same stuff that transforms energies into stars and the rest of the universe.

To keep to the point, the collective conciousness will not allow the total destruction of Earth, before this happens it will try to balance itself once more, you can only do so much to the environment until it "fights back."

what? no. okay, so from your view then you could say that the sun has consciousness (which it doesn't). so then the earth would be a part of the consciousness. so what about when the sun expands and destroys the earth? what will the earth do then? expand it's orbit? i don't think so.

i do agree that within the next few centuries that manknd will come to an end though. either through our own stupidity, or through something no one can control. of course, people have been thinking like that for thousands of years.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   

And 2012 the start of a new time period, stupid crackpot. Do you know how many prophets and time travellers have been proved wrong in the past, what the heck makes you think 2012 is any different.

one thing i do know is i know more than you, don't you think that i know about what people have said in the past. the main reason why people like nostradamus cannot be used anymore is because we are on a different time line. and if you are one of those that think time travel does not exist and that i am just dreaming this up, i am not the only person to believe that america have time travel capibility. all you have to do is look on this site for stuff on montauk experient and the rainbow project.

like i said many times, the human race will have a long future, but that does not say that there will not be loads of disaters etc.. along the way.

/

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by skating canadian
I think that our civilization will 'kill itself', because, we keep abusing all of our resources. I know it seems quite farfetched but, we are using everything up. Please post what your predictions, or anything else you have to say.

Or it could be by war. Too much violence, and we keep on cutting down trees. If there will be no trees then we will all die. They provide oxygen for us.

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
How can you say for sure that only humans are the only ones that have conciousness? have you even done any experiments with plants, or animals?

Plants have been noted to react to certain stimuli, like people talking to the plants, music, a positive or negative environment etc. The Earth reacts to things in the same way. It might take a lot more and more time than stimulating a human, or animal or a plant, but still.

Planets, stars, galaxies do not last forever, there will be a time when they will "die" just like anything that is physical. it could be that the sun engulfs the Earth, or that it slowly freezes and becomes a cold planet and later on all its energies will dissipate into the universe, then once more the cycle will begin and a new galaxy will appear, etc, etc. Just a never ending cycle of lives and deaths in many different manifestations.

I don't believe there was just one big bang, and that before that there was nothing before it, like science or some religions say. It is what i think and people can believe what they want to believe.

I tend to agree with Alfven Hannes, the winner of the 1970 Nobel Prize of Physics, view of the universe.

"But if there was no Big Bang, how -and when- did the universe begin? "There is no rational reason to doubt that the universe has existed indefinitely, for an infinite time," Alfv�n explained. "It is only myth that attempts to say how the universe came to be, either four thousand or twenty billion years ago."

"Since religion intrinsically rejects empirical methods, there should never be any attempt to reconcile scientific theories with religion he said. An infinitely old universe, always evolving, may not, he admited, be compatible with the Book of Genesis. However, religions such as Buddhism get along without having any explicit creation mythology and are in no way contradicted by a universe without a beginning or end. Creatio ex nihilo, even as religious doctrine, only dates to around AD 200" he noted. The key is not to confuse myth and empirical results, or religion and science."

Excerpt taken from.
public.lanl.gov...

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I don't recall saying time travel is impossible. Most theroies and religion is only for the weak minded. Pushing them to believe what they want to.
And if time travel were possible in this 4d universe then we would have time travelling people everywhere. Human imagination tends to overcome common sense, reason, and intelligence.
Now, time travel might be possible in other universes assuming of course they do not follow the laws as we do.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
How can you say for sure that only humans are the only ones that have conciousness? have you even done any experiments with plants, or animals?

Plants have been noted to react to certain stimuli, like people talking to the plants, music, a positive or negative environment etc. The Earth reacts to things in the same way. It might take a lot more and more time than stimulating a human, or animal or a plant, but still.

Planets, stars, galaxies do not last forever, there will be a time when they will "die" just like anything that is physical. it could be that the sun engulfs the Earth, or that it slowly freezes and becomes a cold planet and later on all its energies will dissipate into the universe, then once more the cycle will begin and a new galaxy will appear, etc, etc. Just a never ending cycle of lives and deaths in many different manifestations.

I don't believe there was just one big bang, and that before that there was nothing before it, like science or some religions say. It is what i think and people can believe what they want to believe.

I tend to agree with Alfven Hannes, the winner of the 1970 Nobel Prize of Physics, view of the universe.

"But if there was no Big Bang, how -and when- did the universe begin? "There is no rational reason to doubt that the universe has existed indefinitely, for an infinite time," Alfv�n explained. "It is only myth that attempts to say how the universe came to be, either four thousand or twenty billion years ago."

"Since religion intrinsically rejects empirical methods, there should never be any attempt to reconcile scientific theories with religion he said. An infinitely old universe, always evolving, may not, he admited, be compatible with the Book of Genesis. However, religions such as Buddhism get along without having any explicit creation mythology and are in no way contradicted by a universe without a beginning or end. Creatio ex nihilo, even as religious doctrine, only dates to around AD 200" he noted. The key is not to confuse myth and empirical results, or religion and science."

Excerpt taken from.
public.lanl.gov...

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by Muaddib]

If you do not know how something works, NEVER make up answers. Just accept that you do not know and try to see how it works.
And, we were debating conciousness not life.
Plants have already been proven that the change derives from the acustic(damn spelling) vibratory patterns.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Human society is f**cked up especially the losers at my school who smoke weed.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
im sure its not the herbage turnin your foes sour prolly their life experiences

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
I think our society will collapse due to the resistance of new immigrants to assimilate, particularly Mexicans, ok this sounds like something the grand dragon of the KKK would write but its true if you think about it and I recently read a report by a Duke professor who supported this hypothesis, currently its in my buddies car but I will produce it if I have to further defend my accusation, that as immigrants refuse to assimilate the fabric of our nation will disintigrate and make it easier for our system to fail.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
MANKIND WILL ULTIMATELY INDULGE ITSELF IN MORAL INEPTIDUDE WHICH WILL BE THE DOWNFALL OF THE EXISTENCEOF THE INEPT MIND THINKING THAT IMMORALITY IS A DECENT WAY OF LIFE TO THEIR IMMINENT DESTUCTION OF SELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now what you think about that?????????????

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
We'll be fine, everything always looks scariest before we pull our collective crap together.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

If you do not know how something works, NEVER make up answers. Just accept that you do not know and try to see how it works.

Every cause has an effect, that is not a made up anwser. Also it is known, as I have demonstrated before, that electrons do manifest themselves as both wave (Energy) and particle.(Matter) This will mean that everything has some form of conciousness, or everything is connected to the collective conciousness. Meaning that all actions/thoughts most probably do have consequences, since thoughts are energy.

Normally we see the effects of actions faster than the effects of thoughts. If a person thinks possitive thoughts he/she will surround himself/herself with possitive energies and people which have the same possitive energies. The opossite is also true.

About the plants, responding just to vibrations, everything has a rate of vibration..... so it is only normal that they would be affected by "vibrations."

BTW all sentient beings (beings that are alive in one way or another)have a conciousness, so if you talk about conciousness you have to include life in the discussion.

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
WHEN SELF-CONTROL IS LOSSED THEN MANKIND IS LOST AS THE INABILITY TO REACT IN A CIVIL MANNER IS REJECTED THEN HUMANS DIE AND ANIMALS TAKE OVER TO THEIR DEMISE!!!!!!!! ASK YOURSELF IS THERE SENCE IN KIDNAPPING AND DESTROYING OTHERS LIVES TO PROMOTE YOUR OWN????????????? YOU SEE ANIMAL INSTINCT ALREADY KICKING IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO SENCE OF JUDGEMENT ONLY ANIMALISTIC THINKING!!!!!!! WHY DO YOU THINK MAKING FRIENDS WITH THE NWO IS A VERY GOOD DECSION??????? LEAVE US ALONE,AND WE WILL LEAVE YOU TO YOURSELF. BYE BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
humm, you lost me there. I don't know what you are talking about Bret.....

join