It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on in Catlett, Virginia?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PartChimp

Wow, you've got me interested. I can't wait for more and especially the pictures you plan on taking.

Question: This coating that's on the house, up close what did it look/feel like?

Excellent thread.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Small piece of advice here.

Pictures before investigating.

Otherwise you may never make it back to get the pictures and what I mean by that is if they know you are planning to do that (through the grape vine) then they will be waiting for you.

I would just do pictures and keep your mouth shut until after that. Wait for the interview because if you tell her you plan on taking pictures or let it slip, sense she works for the govt. she could rat you out.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
$5 on no further posts or pics? takers?

hell ill send you my old digital cam

[edit on 25-1-2009 by SHNIPE]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PartChimp

Look up Warrenton, Virginia in any type of satellite imaging service and take special note that the entire town is blurred out and chunks of the map are red and blotchy. Notice how it seems, to the north of the town, what looks like residential subdivisions are blurred out. Interesting isn't it? That's a conversation for another time and place though.

Can you please provide the coordinates of the blurred out areas because I see crystal clear images of Warrenton. Matter of fact it looks so nice, I may want to move there.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by solarstorm]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Google is infact blurred and cannot be viewed in detail. LIVE maps however is not. Debunks any issues with that area. The house i believe is still the main question as are the GOVT trespassing signs

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I may hate myself in the morning but the OP's tale is entirely too polished to be credible.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Can we assume that your brother has no on-going medical and/or psychological condition which might induces seizures?

That he has experienced no injury or chemical exposure which might induce a seizure?

Has he had a recent medical exam to confirm that he is in normal good health?

Answers to these questions will be crucial to establishing the veracity of his testimony.

I tend to agree with the "straight" approach, at least for the time being:

Contact the local witness directly. Explain how you came to identify her, specifically. Explain your concern for your brother, in light of his recent experience.

Let her tell her story her way. Don't try to suggest alien or "government' involvement: if that's her interpetation, fine. You are just trying to gather the facts to better help your brother.

Then, if your "innocent" inquiries bring down an "official"response, you'll have your documentable evidence of "Something".

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This sounds pretty interesting.

The coating on the house has me intrigued the most, sounds like a kind of sound proofing, but it also sounds like the coating they put on Submarines I've heard about, or maybe some kind of radar deflecting material? did you notice if there was a radar dish within sight? or any sign that in the past the area around the small house had been targeted or hit y anything?

Probably turn out to be that someone used some left over latex paint from work lol.

Anyhow, these two ladies, you say one still lives in the area? perhaps it would be prudent to write to her first? give her the decision as to if she wants to take it further? if she wasn't hounded too much, I think she would be interested in a similar story, she must want answers also

The most important thing partchimp, is that you remain safe and well, curiosity is not worth jail, or a huge fine, or even your life, try and consider everything before you go, and as a previous user said, I wouldn't do the photo's and the investigation at the same time, you don't want to be caught with pictures from around a Top Secret Military Base, a stretch of their imagination could lead to the death penalty for treason, depends what they are doing there, I would do the investigation first, would give you a better idea what you want to take pictures of, and also how safe it is for you to do, you don't want to walk around a bend straight into some cammo dudes.

Think up a plausible explanation for being there, as close to the truth as possible, no harm in even telling them the whole truth if you ask me, your brother had a strange experience, he is a little shaken up still after all this time, you are just seeking an answer for him to help him, who else wouldn't ?

I don't mean to sound patronising I promise you, I just know how these things can go mega pear shaped in a hurry, and it's you standing there with your pants around your ankles so to speak lol.

Pay no attention to pressure to deliver, you have no obligation, those people do not speak for me, and I'm guessing most other members also? seems we have lost too many members recently for one reason or another, we don't need to be losing any more, not for a rubber house anyhow

Good luck

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kobalt7

You need to simmer down Kobalt. The world doesn't revolve around you. We dont post on ATS just to please the likes of you.

Great story. Waiting for more.

Relative Five

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
There is a motorsport park in Summit Point WV www.summitpoint-raceway.com... that has a lot of black and white SUVs with blacked out windows that do some serious urban warfare training there.

The automatic gunfire of every caliber imaginable along with the constant detonation of various size and type explosives makes the audio track to Saving Private Ryan sound like a walk in the park. (Lincoln Park?)

The place is used mainly as a part of thel atlantic coast SCCA racing circuit for cars and bikes. During the weekdays when their isn't much activity the "law enforcement" action heats up. When the racing season ends for the winter then all hell breaks loose over there for about 8hrs, 7days a week. Holidays included.

If you look at Summit Point on Google Earth, all of those dirt tracks you see to the northeast of the main facility have just started to be built earlier this year on a newly purchased 200 acre tract now called a Training Facility. The race track has been here for over thirty years but all of the new construction and activity has occurred in the last 3 years.

Satellite resolution for this area isn't very good. I think it is because it is old imagery. Seems odd when the res of surrounding area is much better. If you look at Warrenton on Google Earth you can notice the image strip runs from Berryville, Va at its NW corner to Round Hill, Va then south to High Resolution Spotsylvania County and a little farther south to Powhatan, VA.

Mt. Weather is another interesting area. Right on the border of Loudoun and Clark County, VA near the southwest corner of Loudoun County. Run by FEMA. Wouldn't go poking around there though. I don't think these guys are playing.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I looked up Warrenton, Virginia on Google Earth, and it appears that the OP is right about that part. Warrenton is blurry, and it doesnt become clear until your so high over the area that you can barely tell what buildings are.

Which is strange, considering that most of the maps are detailed enough to see people walking.

The Op is at least telling the truth about that part!

Looking forward to more proof!

[edit on 25-1-2009 by treemanx]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Oh Lordy How I wish this were true.

Please reply with some pictures or docuements.

I do want to believe you, I do.

[edit on 25/1/2009 by n0b0DY]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Its possible that there is something out there. I have family in VA - but in the other end of the state.

Shortly after getting married, Mrs. Frogs and I drove to my grandmother's farm that is waaay out in the sticks for a little get-away.

One morning we just went out driving around to see what we could see. Just taking various dirt roads that looked interesting.

Well, we took one and came to a spot where there was an intersection. We took the left which lead into some deep forest and up a hill. Sitting at the intersection was a run down looking shack with an old man sitting on the porch.

I noticed when we turned that he picked up a phone that was out on the porch with him, but I didn't think much of it.

Anyway, about 1/2 a mile up this road we had to stop. A gate about 10ft high was across the road. A big sign on the front said "No Tresspassing - US Govt. Property" I could see the fence (with razor wire on top) running through the forest on either side of the gate.

There wasn't even a place to turn around. I sure didn't want to blow my horn to see if I could go in and turn around.

So, I backed a 1/2 mile back down the road and turned around at the old guy's shack. I didn't stop, but did wave. He didn't acknowledge the wave but he did pick the phone up again.

For what its worth, we left my grandmother's farm the next morning about 4am. As we drove out we met a US Army truck heading in. One of those flat-bed ones with canvas over the back.

I have no idea what was going on up there. But, given that I'm open to there being something going on.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PersonFromPorlock

While keeping an open mind, I agree with Porlock ... it reads like the beginning of a novel by someone who wants to test out it's storyline appeal with ATS' ers.

[edit on 1/25/2009 by Rek2008]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Interesting story. I live right by Warrenton and pass through there on my way to and from school when I'm on break. If I ever get some free time I may have to do some investigating of my own.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
AGAIN as its been stated. its just google that doesnt show sat pics. LIVE Maps shows perfectly clear aerial maps of Warrenton

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Wow fFrogs, that does sound weird. So was the old guy with the phone radioing ahead to warn of your presence and when you left, to report that too. Bit coincidental he grabs the phone each time you pass isn't it.

Look forward to hearing more on this town

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
While I would love to believe this, I can't. I've been up and down that road on the map (about a dozen times on max zoom) and I can not find a house anywhere that appears to be black, nor can I find a place where any of the maps may have been manipulated to edit out such a house.

Given the placement of Moonraker on the map (almost at the southernmost point on the road), I can only assume that since you "never reached" that far you must have been coming from the north on Burwell.

Going on that assumption (mostly because there in absolutely nothing that fits your description south of Moonraker), unless you actually live on Burwell, it appears you could not have come from any further north than Vint Hill Road (assuming again that you did not use an unpaved road, which I suppose is entirely possible given that you mentioned a Jeep).

Anyway, my point is that I especially focused on the area between Vint Hill Rd and Moonraker and didn't see a small black house with a driveway to the left near enough the road (or anywhere else for that matter) to get out and knock without seeming incredibly out of place doing so.

I did see one place just north of Vint Hill Rd on the right that was small and partially obscured by trees, but again there was no driveway to the left, it did not appear to be black and unless you live on Burwell you would have had no reason to be that far north on the road as the road seems to curve and run into a dead end with no more intersections north of Vint Hill and Moonraker is in the totally opposite direction.

Like I said, I'd like to believe it, but it seems too planned out to be something that someone would just throw out there as an actual event. If the photos show up or an address of the mystery house show up, though, I will gladly place keyboard on head.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Relative Five

k imma bite my tongue and just tell you to try looking at the volume of posts like this, people dont come here to read fabricated stories.

Also if you took from my post that somehow the world revolves around me then im going to assume your picking a fight because your one of those people that post stories to test your ideas or you latch onto every idea the internet has to offer.

Pardon me if id like to maintain some air of credibility among threads, and it takes every fiber of my being to not rail people for this. You post asking me to simmer down and insult me, yea thats gonna simmer me down a WHOLE lot. I wonder what your real motives are?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join