It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gasoline Comercials??? (Where have they gone?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I know that it's been a long time since my last thread, but I have begun my career in radio,(and almost finished my first book) and have been really busy with all of that. I wanted to start this thread to draw attention to something I have been monitoring for a little while now.

With advertising reaching a stall in the television world, I wondered why no one has mentioned the drastic drop in advertising by gasoline companies. Record profits should not negate the competition between rival gas companies, unless there really is no seperation in gas companies after all.
So where have all of the shell/mobil/exxon comercials gone? I know I see BP comercials, but most of those are green solutions and do not mention their gasoline product.

So where have these adverts gone? Again, profit margin does not negate competition, unless there really is no competition, and this is a monopoly, Right??

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Good point. I have noticed no tv commercials on gasoline. And it is true the only ones have been 'green' if any. Competition is our best friend. It lowers prices and makes a better product in general. When I see no commercials I see behind the scenes contracts between the companies not to compete.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Probably because gas really isnt on the radar screen or in the minds of the marketing guru's of big oil considering the trashed economy and failed banks/auto industry. Commercials about gas would just be that salt in the wound scenario and remind people of what we once were paying during the build up of the economic collapse, and now that its hit bottom, prices also have hit bottom, how much more bottoming out does the public need?

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I agree with the concept that they may not want to draw attention to themselves, however, isn't it true that different gasoline companies are supposed to have different qualities? Wouldn't an advertiser want to use the maintenence expenses of vehicles as an incentive to use their "better quality" product? I just think something stinks here, thats all.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The whole purpose of advertising is to get your product out there and seen by as many people as possible. There are gas stations on every corner. Thats how they advertise.

new topics

top topics

join