It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For fun for today, ghosts of the White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I watched a show last night that mentioned that Abe haunted the White House quite a bit. But not as much as recent history, but apparently he was most active during WWII.

They reported a story that Winston Churchill saw him when he was coming out of a bath wearing nothing but his cigar. And Abe was standing there. Abe gave him a smile and dissappeared.

Presidents and the Paranormal

I looked to see how many people have died IN the white house, I have only come up with three so far, Abe's youngest son and two presidents.

But apparently the white house is quite active.
Shadowlands Haunted Places

with Abe, Dolly Madison. and Abigail Adams.

Now Abigail surprises me.I am a big fan of hers. She left the white house and lived happily ever after in her own home. There wasn't anything upsetting about her ending. So why would she haunt the whitehouse? Unless it is an emotional "print" for those were trying times for her.

Since President Obama seems to be a fan of Lincoln, I figured they could chat but it seems that Lincoln hasn't been seen since the Truman adminstration.

Kind of a shame really. Wonder why house renovations scared him off?

any other stories would be appreciated.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I wonder what the ghost of ol' Abe will think when he checks in to see the new President and realizes he's black.

I'm thinking he'll be proud.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I think it would be an awesome conversation to hear.

So does anyone know how many people have died in the whitehouse?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Thanks for an entertaining post. I liked the first link especially. The similarities between Lincoln and Kennedy have always fascinated me.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Considering how Old Abe felt about black people.......

Read some of his papers instead of revisionist history.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

You mean his views that were appropriate for his time?

At the time, women were not even allowed to vote.

So considering how elitist white male society was at the time, Lincoln's views would of been considered extraordinary.

It would of been the equivalent of a president today fully sanctioning gay marriage, but saying that he doesnt think that they should be able have children.

new topics

top topics

join