It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Prisoner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
i199.photobucket.com...

So I was making a new avatar a few seconds ago when I noticed the pyramid and all seeing eye (see above) in the 1967 tv show The Prisoner, starring Patrick McGoohan. It's my #1 favorite show of all time, I bought the dvd set not too long ago, I've always seen a NWO-connection to this tv show, the island on the show is ran by a group of people that would fit the description of the shadow government, illuminati, whatever you want to call them.

I haven't done an extensive search for these hidden messages, but perhaps this is one of the reasons the show was cancelled. I know the show was a hit in the UK, and when the final episode aired it outraged people so much, a lot of people went to Mr McGoohan's house to bang on his door and yell at him in protest.

McGoohan has had a very very interesting carreer, the last film I saw him in was the king in Braveheart.

Just a few things about McGoohan, he wrote most of the series "The Prisoner", he never did what people told him to do, he's a very independent free thinking kind of person. Here are a few roles he turned down recently:

James Bond, for a James Bond movie in the late 60's or early 70's.
He turned down this role supposedly because he didn't like the sleaze and filth associated with the character, also McGoohan rarely drinks alchohol.

Dumbledore, for Harry Potter, he was the original choice.
Gandalf, for THe Lord of the Rings, he was the original choice.

Why did he turn those roles down? I don't know, but I really think there is a ton of symbolism in "The Prisoner", the directing style and imagery reminds me of Stanley Kubrick, for those unfamilliar with the series I highly recommend it.

The show covers subjects such as:

Mind-control, brainwashing.
An unknown #1 leader, #2 always being killed off, perhaps an analogy to what really happens in the shadow government.
There is a secret council within the show, who appear insane at times.
The countless eyes and the rover attack balloon.

Don't want to give away any spoilers, and when I make my analysis after watching all the episodes again this time watching very closely I will report on what I see in greater detail.

There are so many scenes that can be symbolic it will take a long time, I know such analysis have been done for popular movies and tv shows, but even though the show was and is a cult classic it's not very popular worldwide.

Also something about the image above, there are 8 lights with a 9th light on the ceiling, this peticular piece of imagery I never looked at twice, but like lightning I remembered I had seen it before, I don't know what it may or may not symbolically represent if anything but when I was a kid I saw a UFO that looked *exactly* like those 8 lights, it was in a circle and the lights looked just like that, but the lights moved around independently, I still don't know whether it was 8 different UFOs or 1, also I don't remember one in the center, but for that to be there is very synchronistic for me.

While looking for a youtube video on the subject of symbolism in The Prisoner I just now found out that Patrick Joseph McGoohan died 6 days ago, (March 19, 1928 – January 13, 2009). I wish the US news would've mentioned it.

Rest in peace Mr McGoohan.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

I live a few miles away from Portmeirion village where the series was filmed. There is a new series on its way which has just been shot in South Africa.

I could never get the program (I was too young to watch it when it aired originally) - it was way too weird - kind of like Woody Allen's films. As for any strange connection - don't know but I would believe there was an acid induced one!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonspurter
reply to post by Razimus

I live a few miles away from Portmeirion village where the series was filmed. There is a new series on its way which has just been shot in South Africa.

I could never get the program (I was too young to watch it when it aired originally) - it was way too weird - kind of like Woody Allen's films. As for any strange connection - don't know but I would believe there was an acid induced one!

Lucky, I wish I could see it in person, or go to one of the conventions they hold every year... Wish I could've met Mr McGoohan too, I don't even live that far from where he died, makes me sad, he was my favorite actor of all time, and after watching his interviews he has a similar personality to the prisoner character and a similar personality to me, a, temper fueled by injustice, even small things, my favorite simpson episode the one making fun of the show he did the voice I was surprised.

Well thanks for replying I guess this show isn't popular or recent enough for most people to even know about, but it was the best show to ever be released on TV, McGoohan basically said in this interview that smart people get it, and the people that got mad at the end didn't get it.

www.youtube.com...

He did mention the shows inspiration and other psychological things were added in there but I believe he purposely didn't give away any hidden secrets of the show, and I will still look for them.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I guess this show isn't popular or recent enough for most people to even know about, but it was the best show to ever be released on TV, McGoohan basically said in this interview that smart people get it, and the people that got mad at the end didn't get it.

The Prisoner was an amazing show with the best finale I have ever seen in my life. It has truly opened my eyes to the brilliance of McGoohan. I have never seen another piece of work with quite the effect that this show had on me. It was like swallowing the red pill [matrix]. The reaction society had to the finale was just perfect. They could not handle it, overloading their mind with most people choosing to shut down [blue pill].

For those who have not seen this show I highly recommend you watch it. McGoohan did not let anyone govern his life for him. Men like him are truly powerful and uncontrollable. Most people now would not even bother to watch this through because they have fallen under control of hollywood and the powers that be.

join