It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kelly-Hopkinsville Incident, 1955, Family Terrorised By Alleged ET's

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
An earlier post was made that the family may not have had access to a shrink. But that is untrue. They had plenty of a access to psychiatric evaluation or treatment if it were needed. Christian County, Hopkinsville, Ky. is a predominately Menonite Religion controlled area and has been for ages. It is also home to bizarre events, probably due to it's uranium and nitrogen rich soils, such as 7 legged calves and 3 eyed fish. And it is home to the Sanitorium the Western State Mental Hospital. A former Staff Member and Mormon (LDS) preist, who is a close long time family friend, reports of Ward #549 where there have been people who leave their kids and newborns with the State that they can't cope with, and some of these have been either just seized from them at birth or taken from them at later dates. People who are like crossbreeds of humans and other species. A teen who had the head of like a mule or some sort of horse and the body of a teenage boy. Wonder what he was "hung" like. There was the kid with the crocodile head, and the one with the large fish scales. He also spoke of a pill that can cure the common cold. Now, while I have not seen these things myself, I have recently been a guest there myself.
They have a rotating ward system and other methods to keep us patients disoriented and confused. You can be transferred from one wing to the next, from one floor to the next, from one room to the next, anywhere from 2 hours to 2 days to 2 weeks from your last move without notice from the time you arrive to the time you leave. What's more all wards, but one, follow these same rotations, and sometimes even the room designators change. The One ward which always remains constant is ward#, wouldn't you know, 549. Ward #549 is the ward you are threatened to be sent to if you cause trouble, and even the highly Thoridazine cocktail dosed hostile patients freak out when threatened with a return to that ward. I almost got a visit to it a time or two myself. They say, the patients who did go, that there are things in that ward that will make crazy people go mad.
So, I have difficulty discounting him.
Makes me wonder why the 1955 Kelly- Hopkinsville Incident hasn't been considered from the possibility of one of these things escaping from the hospital.The hospital does work in partnership with the local and State police and Law Enforcement Agencies and the Courts, they have their own Court Prosecutor, Defense Attorneys, and Judge on site assigned specifically to them by the State to rule on the Sanity and Releaseability of the patients which are so closed and confidential that even the patient being tried doesn't participate or ever see their assigned lawyer. No outside lawyers allowed that I'm aware. Further, they work in partnership with Ft. Campbell, as well. Some of the patients, are even former Officers. Like one, Mr. Chedarwith. (Hope I spelled that right) The lake adjoining the property had some rich kid drown years ago and noone there saw or helped him. That lake and the drowning boy were the source for Jason (as that was his name) Vorhees and Camp Chrystal Lake (as the lake is Lake Chrystal) of Friday the 13th. I was born and raised 45 minutes away at Paducah, Ky. The whole of the are has a weird history to it. I wouldn't rule this incident out as untrue. Aliens or not, even the secret cults there like the Satanic ones that infest the region, aren't so convinced something's not going on there, even to this day. And the History of the Waverly Hills Asylum and the "Death Tunnel" are well known. Maybe the Spring Hill Asylum should be looked at closer.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by PhyberDragon]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Actually, this makes me think of the Bell Witch. The animal that John Bell encountered had the body of a dog and the head of a Rabbit. My little sister and I saw something similiar as kids. Being from the area I'm as well versed as the next local about it, but, we saw whatever it was we saw, before we'd ever heard about the Bell Witch. Plus, we had our own local witch, Della Barnes. Anyways if this dog rabbit stood up it would look like the head of a rabbit with maybe no discernable nose and a slit for a mouth with large ears coming from the crown. The muscular body with the sticklike legs and the clawed or taloned hands. As a "ghost" it might be luminescant or glowing and it would "float" or glide. And as for pulling his hair, even Bell's daughter Betsy reports having her hair messed with.
Bell shot too and it just vanished. You'll be surprised what we kids in the Kentucky Tennessee area have seen growing up.
www.bellwitch.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I can certainly attest to this being plausable. I live in Lexington KY 4 hours away from Christian KY- and my husband grew up right outside of Hopkinsville and I know of alot of bizzare events that happened out there. Involving, real life vampires, satanic worship, bizzare masonic rituals, and alien abductions of his friends.

For one, it is the absolute middle of nowhere. Think- Deliverance. That is why it is such a hotbed. I sure as hell am not from Kentucky and am living here only currently for my job. But- since living her for 2 years i have had many many run-ins with UFO's here.

Here is my video tape of my experience communicating with the UFOs Lexington KY. Alot of UFO activity here- and I grew up outside of Quantico, VA!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Google Maps is where I got this. I can't copy the image of the map though.
Start address: Hopkinsville, KY
End address: Adams, TN

Start at: Hopkinsville, KY

1. Head north on Fort Campbell Blvd/US-41 toward S Walnut St Continue to follow US-41 - 1.0 mi
2. Turn right at E 9th St/KY-109/KY-80/US-41/US-68 Continue to follow US-41 Entering Tennessee - 24.6 mi
3. Continue on TN-11/TN-41 - 6.8 mi

Arrive at: Adams, TN

Take a look they're not that far apart.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I've seen and heard a lot of UFO, USO, paranormal, cultic, and general Government Conspiracies (and not just Theoretical ones). What I do know is that generation after Generation of us rednecks, actually, we're hillbillies and hicks, rednecks are more to the western farmlands, anyways, have a strong moral code. You don't hit women even if the bitch deserves it, and a man is only as good as his word. You only have it to give once and you don't throw it away. These codes are beat and bred into us. Even drunk which decreases the chance by lowering inhibitions we don't really have anyways as we're raised to shoot it straight. Well, unlike most folks from around the World and other cities and States, I am 100% confident that if those fellows said what happened happened, it did, and as it was 1955, this applies even more so, as those ole boys, shot it straight and told it like it was. It would offend their very sensibilities to lie, much more so to have their womenfolk and their chillun, lie for 'em. Sorry, this story is true as reported. Whatever it was they saw. And the fact of where they come from and who they are, they can shoot just fine. Drunk or sober. I come from four generations of marksmen, one in the pony express, the other three marines, and I myself am one, and my relatives are pretty crack shot themselves. So were my friends and their families. Shooting is tradition where we come from and in the Country, especially as weird as our area was, you had to be damn good at it. I doubt they missed.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

Greetings from a reader in the Kingdom of Bahrain(also known as Delmon or Land of the Living)

From your quote in Wikipedia:
What they saw a strange creature emerge from the nearby trees. Jerome Clark describes the creature as:

a luminous, three-and-a-half-foot-tall being with an oversized head, big, floppy, pointed ears, glowing eyes, and hands with talons at their ends. The figure, either made of or simply dressed in silvery metal, had its hands raised.

It does all seem bizarre as we can imagine, a being running around with hands raised. It did however,it did bring to mind the very strange creature that is depicted in the The legendary Codex Gigas manuscript that boasts a full-page portrait of the Devil. No other Bible on Earth features such a sizable image of evil incarnate. Food for thought......or perhaps my own imagination running wild!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thank you for the excellent sources. I am more inclined to believe the incident did happen as described after reading the Air Force report on the incident.

Another excellent case is the Flatwoods Monster case in Braxton County, West Virginia. There is a good book by Frank C Feschino Jr "Shoot Them Down" about the incident. It has always sent chills up my spine reading the encounter.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhyberDragon
People who are like crossbreeds of humans and other species. A teen who had the head of like a mule or some sort of horse and the body of a teenage boy. There was the kid with the crocodile head, and the one with the large fish scales. He also spoke of a pill that can cure the common cold. Now, while I have not seen these things myself...

You are joking, right?

You can't be serious. This has to be a joke. It sounds like one of Dr. Evil's speeches from Austin Powers.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

No. I don't joke, and I don't lie. I just tell it like I've learned it. I come from a people who live and die by their word. I heard this from three prior employee sources, before my own commital, and 20 some sources after being commited there, not just patients, some were current staff. Not that it is true. But, it's alot of people who don't know or talk to each other to be easy for me to dismiss out of hand. Science says it is impossible for species to cross breed, but, medical journals and story's like these seem to conflict with that assertion, ask people into beastiality whether they have seen freakish births, I've heard from some who claim as much. look at non human interspecies crossovers, too.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Arthur Cansler was the Sheriff in Crofton (which is closer to Kelly than Hopkinsville) when this happened. It is well known locally that he was there before the Hoptown cops. He found out it was just a prank involving throwing some stray cats against the screens on the door and windows of the house. He left laughing and the Hoptown cops came up there a few hours later. Guess who's story never got reported in the media or by UFOlogists?
The only coverup is by the people who have a vested interest in selling a story that does not exist.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
An explanation for the case has been proposed recently by Renaud Leclet, a French Ufologist. It could be a misidentification of a pair of Great horned owls, which are nocturnal, fly silently, have yellow eyes, and aggressively defend their nests. Leclet argues that this explanation fits well with the details of the case, including the appearance and behaviour of the "humanoids". The metallic sound of the striking bullets can be explained by the fact that some bullets hit some metallic objects of the farm, such as the fence. This misidentified bird hypothesis was echoed by Joe Nickell in a Skeptical Inquirer article.

The owls almost sound plausible, i was really thinking about it in relation to the story told by the family. Then i thought about this: Elmer, in his statement said that on the porch right after the family pulled Billy Ray back in after the saw a creaturte reach out and touch his hair, that Elmer shot one at point blank range. So while i buy that some of the clanging sounds were probably pellets hitting off farm equipment and fences, if he really shot one at point blank range then it would have died and there would have been a body. No?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

My parents have a lake house in the tiny town of Dawson Springs, Kentucky. The closest "big" town is Hopkinsville, and it takes about 20 minutes to drive there.
Late one night, about two years ago, my cousin and I were playing cards outside on our porch when my yellow lab (who was sleeping by us and will chase after ANYTHING) woke up, gave a little growl, tucked her tail, and went inside.
A few seconds later, my cousin said "What's that?!" and pointed up to the road that runs in the front of our house. I looked and saw what can only be described as a blob of lights. In a matter of seconds, this "blob" took the form of a human-like being, illuminating brightly from head to toe. (It was a moonless night and there were no street lights.) The being appeared "hunched", with long arms, and walked very slowly on the road directly in front of my house.
My cousin, who is 6'4'' and very fast, tried to chase after the thing (at the time we were trying to tell ourselves that it was some drunk guy that needed help)....and again, in a matter of seconds, disappeared into thin air. He came running back to me, ridiculously pale, and said "We just say a f*cking alien. That was a f*cking alien. UHHHHHH, HOLY #." He paced for the next 30 minutes.
The next day, I googled "glowing beings", and the first thing that popped up was the Kelly-Hopkinsville incident. I couldn't believe my eyes! The creatures they saw in 1955 were described exactly the same!
We never reported what we saw. We had no proof. Our own family doesn't even believe us. Even so, there is no doubt in my mind aliens exist.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

The creatures generally moved in a peculiar fashion. The legs appeared to be inflexible and when they ran, movement was accomplished almost totally by "hip motions." Usually totally erect, when they ran off they bent over and moved with long arms almost touching the ground. The entities' ability to float was particularly evident when one was knocked off the kitchen roof and floated a distance of about forty feet to a fence, where it was knocked off again by a shot. While they did not appear to have an aura of luminescence, their "skin" glowed in the dark with the glow becoming brighter when they were shot at or shouted at.

At this point in time, the men were convinced that their guns were uselss against whatever it was that was terrorising them, and they decided to huddle in with the rest the family in the house. The creatures kept peering inside the house at regular intervals, and finally at 11pm, the family decided enough was enough and they jumped in two cars and raced to nearby, Hopkinsville police station.

The police reassured the Suttons and Billy Ray and left at about 02:15am on the 22nd of August. Not long after one of the creatures returned and Billy Ray again fired through one of the windows. They continued to make regualr appearances, all throughout showing no hostility only what seemd like curiosity. The last time the creatures where seen was 05:15am.

The incident earned publicty almost immediately and members of the public started turning up in droves. Some wanted pictures for the family, others turned up to simply ridicule them for seeing"little green men". The family repeatedly wanted the public to leave and seemed embaressed at all the publicity they incurred.

This is really strange, chupacabras maybe?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Interesting case.
Found a video about it.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
My granddad was a police officer for Louisville and a first responder. Always said they were drunk.but there were square bullet holes in back door.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hopkinsville Damn spell check!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by flatlick
My granddad was a police officer for Louisville and a first responder. Always said they were drunk.but there were square bullet holes in back door.

"Square" holes any way you can elaborate on that?.. So he happened to be one of the police who first showed up after the incident. Nice. Personally ive always liked this encounter, and actually think its got some potential truth to it.

Originally posted by Atomic
I always found the Ilkley Moor story\photo tied into this one quite well. Anyone ever make the connection?:

Not sure if Atomics still around, but you aint the only one to think about that possible connection, ive thought about the similarities often myself (Ilkley Moore encounter is another one of my favorite, 'could very well be true' encounters), granted there's a good 30 years between em.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
[b"]The figure, either made of or simply dressed in silvery metal, had its hands raised"

I can't say I would have reacted any different to the farmers. I would have pissed my pants and probably unloaded on the creature too.

The creature had it's arm's raised, I guess this is a universal sign of please don't shoot.. So I would like to think at the time I would recognize such a gesture and realize that this being may just want to communicate.

Honestly though, if these were aliens and it did indeed take place surely these creatures couldn't have expected any different trying to simply waltz up to a primitive culture in it's physical form and try to make contact?
Don't they have guidelines and set rules and procedures for this kind of activity?

The way I see it, is these beings obviously decided in advance to outfit themselves with bulletproof "something" (I guess shields) and try to just walk up on these farmers and see what kind of reaction they get.

I can't presume to know how an alien intelligence would think but this seems almost irresponsible on their behalf.

Funny thing with stories like this, you hear the description of the aliens which is so specific but you rarely hear of the same kind of alien twice.

Either these stories are a load of rubbish or the universe is so unimaginably wild out there that one group of E.T's can simply stop at Earth for a an hour or so to scare the uncontacted primitives and get a laugh then shoot off on their jolly way never to return

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I remember seeing a recreation of this incident on some recent show, I just can't remember what it was.

What I do remember is how dramatic the recreation was, and how it actually crept me out a bit. I seem to recall asking myself why the heck would ETs expose themselves to terrorize this family.

Lots of very good information here.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I remember seeing a recreation of this incident on some recent show, I just can't remember what it was.

What I do remember is how dramatic the recreation was, and how it actually crept me out a bit. I seem to recall asking myself why the heck would ETs expose themselves to terrorize this family.

Lots of very good information here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join