It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Under Investigation, in the US, For My Political Views!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't think they even need a court order any more to wire tap. Didn't the new patriot act take away the need for any warrants? I have been under the impression that all they need is some one saying something then starting an investigation.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by LeaderOfProgress]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Why can't the government understand that some people don't like how our country is ran? Why do they have to interrogate people if they have anti-government views? I don't get that.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

How do you think the OSBI first learned your views? Was it from a blog?ATS? telephone conversations, etc?

Obviously don't answer this if you don't want the info out there. What kind of business are you in? Does it have any connection to governemt agencies? Do you work in a business where someone could have over heard your views and reported you? Maybe a restaurant, coffe shop, something you interact with the general population and customers you may not know?

Just curious.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by drock905]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The agent said some one reported me. I own and work in a tattoo / piercing studio, so yes some one could very easily of overheard my views. After all I am very public about it. I will and do tell anyone and everyone my views. Part of changing the corrupt system is education. In order to get the change needed you must talk to people and get the word out about the truth of what happens in our government. I feel that change can only be manifested in the spreading of information.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by k-string
You're going to get a lot of people coming on here saying that it was stupid to answer those questions at all, much less truthfully.

But I find it refreshing. It's not often you find a person as truthful and full of integrity as you. Even rarer to find one that holds views that threaten the status quo and willing to inform their agents of it!

Or as full of b***s***! I am neither a fan of law enforcement nor the State of Okielahoma, but there is no way that a State Trooper will waste his time as you described.

To what effect? Any answer you'd give would not lead to or provide evidence of any offense whatsoever. You ask ATS members to believe that you were selected by the State for investigation of Nothing! Can we find you a forum that better suits your hubris and need for approbation?

What, exactly, is the point of a thread that essentially asks: 'If I am a patriot, why is the govt. asking me about it?'

Get off your high horse and get a real life.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

You should not of answered any of their questions and lawyered up. We still have a system where you have a right to remain silent.

It is sad that the tactics used in the McCarthy Era are still used today.

To the others who state you should answer the questions, why is it the government's business to know yours?

I get this attitude from my dad, who was into privacy big. He did not want the government to know anything that they did not need to. He would write "None of your business" on the Census Bureau forms.

Disagree completely. Lawyering up is a tactic of two kinds of people: 1) those who have something to hide; 2) those who have REALLY deep pockets to take on the government. I think the OP did the right thing by answering truthfully.

But as for the OP, I find it hard to believe that the OSBI would send someone to investigate you. If you think about how many reports they get per week or per month, why would they spend the money and resources to investigate one person? To me there's more to this story than we are being told - that is, if the story is actually true.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by sos37]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If they are reading this, I would like the Gestapo to know that this is the USA not soviet Russia and that asking you these questions and investigating you at all is against the law. Political views, racial views(however unsavory), religious views, and views on anything is your business not theirs.

If they want to ask me questions they'll be met with the worlds largest civil rights lawsuit. The can go F themselves.

Hope you're reading gestapo. This is the voice of a patriot.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

My answer to those questions would have been...

'Like none of your business'

But I might be a little more daring (read stupid
) than most.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMasonThe whole story sounds suspicious to me - even if you did attempt to incite violence, that would be a federal level investigation and not state level. But I have no doubt this will get 50 stars because its what people want to believe is going on

[edit on 15-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

I almost always agree with you, but not on this point. I think his story is quite plausible. All it would take is whoever reported his "suspicious activity" to say he mentioned revolution, or urged someone to get their guns or something.

All it takes is one stupid person to take something out of context, or someone who doesn't like him to outright lie about him.

I can totally see this happening.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

There is no BS and there is plenty of eye witnesses to what has occured. A couple of people I know have said to go to the media and see what they have to say about it all. Oh by the way it wasn't a state trooper it was a OSBI agent there is a world of difference between the two. As for the wasted time you got me on that. This is why I posted this. There was no need for the investigation but it did occur. If any one doubts my stance on this please come see me I will provide you with several credible sources even in local law enforcement.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is new? There are some choice files, some still remain classified, of the FBI COINTELPRO of the 60's and 70's. People were investigated and persecuted for the most asynine of reasons. I am sorry your political views, provided they don't condone violence, are cause by them to infringe on your civil rights. Just for the record, your not alone here. An event that happend to my Mom in the 1960's highlights such stupidity. I was born in Chicago, and we moved to the suburbs in 1969. My Mom wanted to have some drapes made for our living room windows.

She was given a name of a superb seamstress. My Mom met this lady at her home, they became friends. The only problem was this womens son was one of the founding members of the black panthers (you know where this is going...). Hence in March 1970 my Mom got her very own FBI file. From this time forward J. Edger Hoover, his lipstick and flu-flu would hound my life forever. Thats just one reason I never worked for the FBI. The thought of seeing Hoover in a dress would turn me into an instant anorexic. Even the thought gives me nightmares. I got access to my Moms file and was dumstruck so much money and effort was used to investigate a housewife. Your not alone. Lord, spare me from such idiocy. But I won't hold my breath. I went into the clandestine service to protect my country, not pay homage to parinoia.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well thanks a lot for carroting them in here to observe all us paranoid freaks. I just heard something...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneofus
Well thanks a lot for carroting them in here to observe all us paranoid freaks. I just heard something...

Well sorry about that but with all things considered I think they have probably already been watching me on here. I am sure that part of an investigation like this they will and have been tracking my internet usage. They were probably watching my posts before I even knew they were watching me.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
reply to post by Amaterasu

I think your views are completely out of touch with reality - the government doesn't care about people nearly as much as you think they do.

And I don't think you are aware of the rampant McCarthyesque creppola that has flooded The System since they manufactured the 9/11 show...

But you think as you will... It's a free country, right?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I would not have answered any of his questions,and told him to go "LOVE"
himself.This is a major problem problem in this country.They invent this
"war on terror"and in the process throw the Constituion out the window
and label anyone opposed to their agenda as "radical,extreme,or any number of things."They have something very big in store for all of us,not
until every last American is implanted with an RFID chip,will they be happy.
Some of you may doubt this,but thats your problem not mine.This Patriot
will not go quietly while the NWO and their pawns (bush sr.,clinton,w,and now obama) work to destroy whats left of this nation.WAKE UP AMERICA!
Obama is not the "Messiah",just another bought and paid for politician,who
does not care about you or your family.The U.S. government is corrupt as they come.Pray for the best,but also prepare for the worst while there is still time.Disaster will fall upon us quickly! God Bless YOU ALL!!!!!
Regards, TRU PATRIOT, former U.S.M.C.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I find the OP's story very hard to believe. Unless the OP said or did something he is not sharing with us there would be no investigation.

Informants and/or undercover agents are usually used to gather such information.

A person can be investigated up one side and down the other and never know it happened.

I have known insurance investigators to pose as federal agents to get facts on recipients of disability insurance and Workman's compensation.

On several occasions I have seen such "watchers" and have confronted them and asked why they are watching my tenants. I would always ask for identification and to see the notes and paperwork they had.

If they refused I made them leave my property.

It is not cost effective for two men to watch a person that has done nothing worse than the OP said he did.

No disrespect to the OP intended. We have one of the few FLETC here and I know how these guys operate. I personally know several instructors and consider them friends.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Your experience reminds me quite a bit of that lady from Lufkin, TX that had the FBI show up on her door step when she proceeded to tell an unsolicited Obama campaign worker why she was not voting for him.

The questions that you mention that you were asked sound eerily similar to what they asked her.

www.truthorfiction.com...

www.chron.com...

What's scarier...is that things like this is how it started in Germany...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
interesting. Did you get any pics of these civilian tags? I mean they were following you for 3 days. This should have been I am under investigation on ATS because the government wants to know my political views. were you passing out the Koran and anarchist cookbook outside the FBI office? come on guy why cant you just post stuff like the other people like "im a time travler from the PAST" " Pic of UFOs only i can see" or your transcript of an interview you did with an illuminati shape shifting reptilian. at least make it better next time with a chase scene or shootout.

[edit on by YoungStalin]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

One does not answer questions because all answers can be twisted and lead to questions that you don't want to answer like, "How do your friends feel about this? and what are their names?" PLEASE read The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn- he can give you lots of reasons!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I had a visit from C.I.D anti terror police uk about a month ago, they came to check that i wasnt a "terrorist", and asked me why i'm enquiring about a certain photo they had with them lol. Scared me a little at first, but i told them my honest reasons. had a quick conspiracy chat then they left.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join