It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Under Investigation, in the US, For My Political Views!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
at least we know that they are really, really bad at watching the public. seriously, parking in the lot across the street and moving from spot to spot!!! were they in a furniture truck or a pizza delivery van? a raincoat, dark glasses and up-side-down paper with a telephoto lens would have been less obvious.

i'ld keep schtum in future all the same, if they want to investigate you, let them do the leg work. they want you to mouth off and give them some ammo, best to not give them a damn thing.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Actually, I would suspect that such "no too subtle" observation is a valid technique - if someone really is up to something suspicious, you would watch them very subtly for a few days, then be obvious about it, and see how their behaviour changes. Sort of like poking a hornet's nest - see if anything comes out.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
That is freaky, we need to hear other posts like this. If anybody else has been investigated then let me know!
It's either a survey they're doing or an investigation to get information.
I would of answered the questions too, but first I would ask why. I would want to know where that information was going.
Was he writing it down?
I agree with others, they shouldn't of been watching you for three days if it was just a simple survey to see what changes are needed.
Thanks for reading. Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
I don't think it was anything I said on here but I can say without a doubt it is the truth. I had 5 clients here when they came in. They were all college girls 3 of whom were getting a tattoo. I guess because my views can be viewed as a threat to the current system is why they found me interesting. I have no idea what was said by the person who turned me in but I asked. They didn't give me any info execept it was some one who came into my shop in October that turned me in.

So you still answered their question after being denied the right to face your accuser or even hear the accusations against you?

One step leads to another. When this attitude leads to mandates to speak to the authorities, to be denied the right to remain silent, based on the idea that "honest" people have nothing to hide, where will compliance have gotten anyone?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Good point on the 2 forms of watching so as to illicit a reaction. I'll have to pay more attention next time.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I don't think it was anything I said on here but I can say without a doubt it is the truth. I had 5 clients here when they came in. They were all college girls 3 of whom were getting a tattoo. I guess because my views can be viewed as a threat to the current system is why they found me interesting. I have no idea what was said by the person who turned me in but I asked. They didn't give me any info execept it was some one who came into my shop in October that turned me in.

What are your views (summed up), exactly? Unless you are inciting violence, the government doesn't care. Frankly they have better things to do than go around and "monitor" people.

If you are being 100% truthful and aren't citing violence then get a lawyer and collect your millions from the government.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
What are your views (summed up), exactly? Unless you are inciting violence, the government doesn't care. Frankly they have better things to do than go around and "monitor" people.

So you're saying they're not investigating anyone in this country? (Except those who are "inciteful...") Not like in McCarthy's day, I guess.

Uh huh. Somehow I think your estimate of the numbers being "looked into" falls a bit shy of the reality.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

The government has no interest in investigating people just for fun. Its costly, expensive, and one foul up and the government is paying out millions over civil right infringements. Conspiracy theorists are the least of the governments worries, unless they are specifically doing something illegal. In the case of your personal views there can be nothing illegal about them - think what you want and say what you want, with the one specific exception of not being allowed to incite violence.

Some people would like to be investigated because it would confirm they matter to someone and make them special. Please stop trolling me with things I never said - I never said "no one" is investigated. But its not nearly as wide spread as some people would like to believe. There are bigger fish to fry than ATS posters.

I think your views are completely out of touch with reality - the government doesn't care about people nearly as much as you think they do.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

Yes generally they have better thongs to do than track people on ATS....but if someone who uses ATS was tracked, it could possibly lead to other ATS users being tracked.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I've been followed for better than three years.
I can't make a move without them knowing about it. Sometimes I'll turn around quickly and, sure enough, there they are.

Even in my sleep I can feel the eyes probing my privacy. I'll come home and notice things aren't where I left them. I've been interrogated more times, since this began, than I can even remember.

Although my views certainly are no secret, I will follow the advice of a previous poster and not answer any of their questions as they can only be used against me.

Early on I was able to get a snapshot, and it's always the same two agents. I honestly fear that they have no intention to ease up on their investigation.

I can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure they had no idea they were being photographed.

If, by some chance, I suddenly happen to disappear without a trace, please circulate this photo so that others may be warned.

Dangerous times we live in indeed.

Regards

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

I don't incite violence though I am not sure it will be avoidable considering the people who are involved in the government are pretty avid about keeping their positions and will probably and have probably resorted to violence to maintain the corrupt system in place now.

I want a change. Not the Obama change but a change of the way that all is done. I don't want anarchy nor do I want a lack of goverment oversight. I just want this country to be free again. I want us to stand up and voice a need for true change. I want a country where everyone except those who commit crimes to be able to run for political offices. If it takes renouncing the current system in order to voice a change I am willing to do it. I don't believe in violence to enact change but it is what I am being accused of. He stated specifically that I was being investigated for home grown terrorism.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Wow.

Sorry you had to go through that.

Knowing how surveillance works (US Army CI), it seems like they used some real amateurs to run that little op. Idiots.

Last I checked, you are all still free to say and think what you want about the government. That's why soldiers exist.

Free.

I'd have called to check on them and their mission personally - after taking down their names and badge numbers.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
My only concern is that if this is all it takes to get investigated then man what is this country coming to? I have never threatened anyone or anything. Sure I own guns but not many. How could I be dubbed suspicious for home grown terrorism?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Perhaps the intention was not necessarily to 'investigate' you - after all, if you really were up to something, do you think you would have been confronted and interviewed? No! If they really thought that, the obvious course for them would have been to keep back, and track what associations, etc., you were up to, connect the dots, identify the 'network', etc. Totally counterindicated by what you report they actually did.

The conclusion to draw from their actions is not that they were necessarily investigating the possibility of an existing threat, but rather pre-emptively making sure you were aware that you're potentially 'on the list' - don't get any ideas about 'stepping up' in any way, without being able to draw concrete ideas about consequence. Only in that light do the actions you describe make sense.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Then I would highly recommend you lawyer up and begin pressing charges for civil rights violations. As long as you never have incited violence, there is no valid reason to investigate you. Lawyers love these cases, its easy to win and the government has deep pockets - you could definitely get on on a contingency fee so you don't have to pay any money upfront.

As a business owner you can also charge them with slander and prove real damages because of the damage to your reputation and thus your sales.

The government is not the omnipotent all powerful organization people think it is - they don't go around investigating people for fun. However, they do make mistakes sometimes and when these mistakes involve civil rights, the government needs to pay.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

Are you kidding? The internet is one stop shopping for them and ATS is the dessert counter. I bet those little bots go frantic every time one of us so much as types a trigger word. Now I wonder what the short list on those words would be. I don't think we should follow that thread or all of us will be awakened to the sound of our freedoms being scourged and have to watch as they rape our constitution before our eyes.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by NightSkyeB4Dawn]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Probably your business. Social renegades seem to be those most likely to get a tatoo. If you run that business then you probably hang with a bunch of people that they consider to be social renegades or the like. They tend to view anything that they wouldn't do with distrust and also most likely fear. I would guess after your answers they will probably leave you alone. Thats why you talk, to make sure that you give them no reason to continue looking into you, if you don't talk they will think you are hiding something. I had FBI come question me about a client of mine once. He was having money sent over from Russia. I just told them that yes the moeny comes into the account and I simply invest it for him (the simple truth), that I had no idea of it's source. never heard from them again.

Their report probably now says you are kinda of weird, with weird tattoos and such, but that you are no threat and actually a pretty good guy.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
How can there be any legal recourse? I mean I realise they probably had me tapped among many other things but where does that make a case considering the laws on wiretapping now?

[edit on 15-1-2009 by LeaderOfProgress]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

How can there be any legal recourse? I mean I realise they probably had me tapped among many other things but where does that make a case considering the laws on wiretapping now?

On the civil liberties side, the law provides you with freedom of speech. That isn't unlimited speech, which is why many freedom of speech cases fail, but if you have been truthful then this is a direct violation of the first amendment. Second you have a slander case because as a business owner a reasonable person would agree that you can have material losses to your business due to the impact of a unwarranted government investigation. You can get civil damages for both.

The only time you DONT have legal recourse on the 1st amendment is if you work for for the government (government employees are not allowed freedom of speech in the workplace), your use of speech infringes upon the speech or freedom of someone else, or if you attempt to incite violence or chaos through speech. According to, you have done none of these.

I highly doubt they would wiretap you - they only do that for high value terrorist targets and they must demonstrate a reasonable suspicion that you are up to something to a judge. If it occurred though it would come in the discovery phase of the freedom of speech violation. You win here on the freedom of speech and slander side regardless.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You are not alone. Several months ago, I was about to take our local welfare dept. to a State hearing on Constitutional issues. After filing for the hearing, I received two phone calls telling me to drop it, or else. Then two Federal Marshals came to my door, the very next day, and asked me similar questions on my views of Patriotism, the government, police in general, if I had guns in my home, and if I had any ties to any militia groups. Did I lie, you bet I did. But I did learn a valuable lesson, all government is corrupt, and best left alone unless full prepared.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join