It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Sells Daughter for Cash, Beer, Meat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Man Sells Daughter for Cash, Beer, Meat

news.ninemsn.com.au

A man in California has been arrested for arranging to sell his 14-year-old daughter for $US16,000 ($A23,577), 100 crates of beer and several cases of meat, police said on Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
crimeblog.dallasnews.com
news.softpedia.com

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Jeez, is the economic situation in the States that bad? Apparently these cases are not isolated and would seem to have risen recently. Seems it's a bit of a problem within the small community where it occurred. It's unfortunate that the Father seemed to think this kind of activity was on the "up and up" and complained to authorities when his payment wasn't forth-coming.

At least he considered two of the three major food groups in stipulating his transaction.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13/1/2009 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Not to sound like a Nazi, but I think the guy should be executed. Same with whomever was willing to BUY a young girl.

Why? Because I believe that people who try to exploit a child's sexuality deserve nothing less. And in the case of the father, he tried to become an accomplise to this action.

This is why it would be hard for me to be a cop. I would feel too strong an urge to take matters into my own hands.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I totally agree, such people are not worth wasting taxes on in private prisons.

There should be a line we call humanity, and I don't want to share this planet with people who crossed it.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
A previous thread on this got moved to BTS

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
What a disgusting sack of filth. The financial crisis is in no way to blame. Anyone who would do something this cold to their child would have done so anyway.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Let's not all forget that selling your daughter is acceptible in many countries and also is written into the BIBLE.

Exodus 21:7-11

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. "

But, I'm definitely not advocating selling your daughter for anything.

This story reminds me of the Slubime song "Wrong Way":

"The only family that's she's ever had
is her seven horney brothers
and a drunk ass dad.........

He needed money
so he put her on the street.
Nobody ever told her
it was the wrong way."

I feel sad for the daughter.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
As mentioned above, there is an already existing thread on this topic.

Please contribute any further questions/comments to the above linked post.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join