It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier avoiding Iraq ordered to leave Canada

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sloppy
Bull# you guys. People make mistakes... I realize this is a real big mistake to make but i think she should have EVERY RIGHT to ditch the army, like with any profession.

The military is not like any other profession.
There is no way it would work if they allowed anyone to quit when things get rough!

I have sympathy for this woman and wish her no ill will, but if she deserted, she should be punished. There has to be consequences.

I'm a veteran and think you'd need your head examined to join the Army or Marines after the outbreak of hostilities in Iraq/Afghanistan UNLESS you want to go to war. Believe it or not, a lot of people do.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
There has only been one reason since the beginning of civilization that humans go to war, that is profit. Resources, taxable land, new low cost and taxable labor forces. You know what? I dont give a #.

I know how to handle firearms, I have already had to dodge bullets in a neighborhood because of a friends rivals issues. I respect anyone who goes out to the battlefield to preserve our ability to exist as an empire, and they need people who know what they are doing to watch their backs and not going to cry about the reasons of the war. The reasons dont matter anymore because the war is already on. Now if yoou want your son, daughter, wife, husband, mother, father friend back safely, you better have people who are willing and knowing of the task at hand to serve with them. I want to make sure my fellow citizens got me watching their back, and they got mine.

Now someone please waive my juvenile record and allow me to serve.

new topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join