It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloodline : AMAZING documentary of spoof ????? :Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I found out about this documentary during the summer. Forgot about it until I saw it in blockbuster and rented it this weekend.

Inspired by The Divinci Code (IMO an awful book and a complete rip off of Holy Blood, Holy Grail) and Holy Blood, Holy Grail.

From the Apple Trailer Website :

BLOODLINE follows documentary filmmaker, Bruce Burgess, into the so-called “bloodline conspiracy” that claims Jesus Christ married Mary Magdalene, who escaped to the south of France following his crucifixion, with their child. Over three years in the making, BLOODLINE is the first investigation to uncover new evidence: a buried wooden chest with artifacts that date to first century Jerusalem and a tomb with a mummified corpse draped in a shroud bearing a red cross. Burgess and his film crew begin their investigation following the trail of the Knights Templar who were believed to have buried secret treasure in southwest France. In Paris, he arranges to meet with two men who claim to represent the Priory of Sion, the secret society said to have evolved from the Templars in order to guard a secret treasure down through the ages.

I don't want to spoil the film for anyone who plans on watching it, but this is an extremely amazing movie, if it is legit. It almost seem too good to be true. Its filled with creepy priests, death threats, break-ins, multiple discoveries, secret treasure maps, Templar tombs and mysterious deaths.

I went to imdb.com to read a little more about the film. There are very few posts about, it but there are a couple claiming the movie is a "spoof" ala The Blair Witch Project.

It doesn't look like a spoof to me unless I'm totally fooled.

Has anyone seen this? What is the consensus on ATS?

Bloodline Trailer

Offical Website

Researcher who made all the "discoveries" presented in the film

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yes I saw it and then went on a mad search to see if I could find out at the time if it was a real documentary or if it was all just some type of movie made to look extremely real. This was quite a while ago so maybe more has surfaced about it.

If anyone hasn't seen it it is a good flick and I'll try to keep comments to what you see in the trailer but a must watch for pretty much anybody that likes fact vs fiction style movies and I agree way better than the Divinci code by far whether it's real or not.

What I couldn't find was info on the body but the website was there so I thought well if it was that real as portrayed in the movie I'm pretty sure that website would not be there especially after this aired.

I also jumped on every file sharing server/network I could think of to find anything and did find a couple things but nothing too substantial.

The thing that get's me is the one guy in the movie who talks to the "documentary maker" looks identical to the guy who had controversy surrounding him already about the Priory of sion from way back when.

Also the guy in the trailer you hear gets killed I tried to find this character a name anything that might lend credibility to it but came up with zilch. Maybe if I poke around on the official site I can find something more out about that person. Ya I know I'm not trying to ruin it for everyone just sticking to the trailer lol.

In the end after going over mountains of info I found nothing internet wise. If I lived in the area or even remotely close to it I would be looking until I could prove or disprove the documentary and because it's so controversial by nature I decided to just let it rest and in time more things may surface.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Darthorious]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find much about the film either. I've still got the film (it has to go back today) so I'm going to right down the names of people who appear in it and see if I can find any info about them.

If its a hoax they sure went to a lot of trouble.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
reply to post by Darthorious

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find much about the film either. I've still got the film (it has to go back today) so I'm going to right down the names of people who appear in it and see if I can find any info about them.

If its a hoax they sure went to a lot of trouble.

I agree I was looking through other threads here but they just pawn it off as a movie and then all start debating if a bloodline is possible the usual stuff not really looking into whether it is a spoof or not although everyone I know says "Of course it is if it was true they never would have got the movie out"

Then they precede to lecture me about Jesus etc.

I don't care what people think I want to meet the dead guy to know it was a spoof basically lol.

Edit: I should say I don't care what people think Jesus did or didn't do in this case came off sounding kind of bad lol.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Darthorious]

new topics

top topics

join