It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those who have seen...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

"Have you ever felt bad about shattering peoples illusions by sharing what you have seen?"

I love it! People tend to live in a very small "reality box" that they are most comfortable in. To make them come out of that little box for a few seconds is like a drug rush. To see the amazement on their faces is fabulous! I never feel bad about this, and neither should you.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Yes I know but some people seem like they NEED that belief. You know what I mean? They are not ready to know the truth. It might be due in part to conditioning from their environment but I don't know that I could ever be guiltless about it.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
You handled this very well, leaving room for them to form their own opinions and encouraging them to learn to research and search for answers and not just follow what they hear. Perhaps they will start to do what so few do, it just amazes how so few, look up!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
Yes I know but some people seem like they NEED that belief. You know what I mean? They are not ready to know the truth. It might be due in part to conditioning from their environment but I don't know that I could ever be guiltless about it.

If they are not ready for the information you are delivering then their internal defenses will come up and protect them from it.

Denial, of course, being by far the biggest defense mechanism our egos will employ.

It's one of the reasons I tend to say anything. I know 99% of my listeners will just throw up their walls and never retain any of it. The other reason I tend to say anything is my Asperger's Syndrom, I have NO tact, I don't even fully understand how tact is used by others but, pff it doesn't matter...

Vas

top topics

<< 1   >>

join