It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cain & Abel had Sisters; And They Married Them!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well I believe in evolution and the bible (sorta). THe bible tells the story of evolution as well as could be expected of people from those days and with their education back then. Sorry 7 days is out =) Maybe 7 billion years. It is completely possible for their to have been a big bang and evolution as gods way of creating. No were in the bible does it say god snaps his fingures and instant universe and life. SO if you belive like I do Cains wife may have been a neanderthal or some evolutionary mix between Cro-magnum and Neanderthal.

Adam and Eve would have been the first Cro-magnum couple creating what today we know as man.

God created Adam and eve with cosmic rays by slightly changing the DNA of the original life forms to what we have today. Also the tree of life could have simply been eating of flesh (apes eat fruits and vegitation). As many scientist speculate that protien in the diets of our ancestors is part of what produced our larger brains.
THe Neanderthals probably started eating flesh (tree of life) by observing the carnivors around them during ice age when vegitation would have been scarce.
So no incest had to have happend.

X

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by Xeven]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
well i brought this topic up to discuss the bible and explain bible mysteries, not evolution. If evolution is correct...then the whole genesis story and bible is out the window. my thought process when writing this thread was trying to explain what the bible left out or is trying to hide, AND I do believe that the Kebra Negast gives us a good explanation of what the bible omitted.

If you're accepting non-Biblical books on "what the Bible leaves out" then all the textbooks on evolution count. In your own acceptance of this non-Biblical text, you also leave open other options such as the books that the Gnostics wrote (saying Satan is disguising himself as Jehovah and the REAL creator of the universe is Sophia(Wisdom)), the Greek myths, the Roman myths, the Teutonic myths, and creation myths from other societies. In that case, the number of people initially created by god/gods/goddesses varies from "one" to "one pair" to "lots."

If you want a strict Biblical discussion, you'll have to throw out our original source plus any other book. If you want other material included, that means you'll have to accept a lot of other strange things.

...like people being born from fruit trees (African.)

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I could explain it perfectly.

Adam and Eve weren't the only people on earth.

Didn't Cain leave his parents and build the earth's first city? Didn't he find his wife while he was away???

There is no way Adam and Eve were the first people on earth. They are probably symbolic figures.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well, if the entire world started from two people then we are all having sex with a distant relative.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bugman5999
If you look at the gene pool these people possessed as they lived 900+ years and you look at how many offspring Adam and Eve probably had it doesn't seem so absurd. The people spread out and covered the earth.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by bugman5999]

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by bugman5999]

It's a simple fact that we use a different calender, and so 900 years back then was not the same amount of time as 900 years is now.

Cain and Able had to have been twins born together, as that is why Able was called Able.

From whatI understood Adam and Eve had other children, and so they took sisters for wives.

And of course we're all banging distant relatives! Think about it, the longer the human race exists for the mroe impossible it is for us to find anyone that we aren't distantly related to.

All this said, I don't quite believe the creation story word for word, but if we are being hypothetical and taking it as truth then it is possible that God's previous attemps at creating humans had also been cast into the badlands outside the garden, and that it is with these they reproduced, it is also possible that Lilith and Adam had children before Lilith was cast out.

if Lilith was banished before Eve then it is perfectly plausable that there were other, previously banishd, humans that God created.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
If you're accepting non-Biblical books on "what the Bible leaves out" then all the textbooks on evolution count. In your own acceptance of this non-Biblical text, you also leave open other options such as the books that the Gnostics wrote (saying Satan is disguising himself as Jehovah and the REAL creator of the universe is Sophia(Wisdom)), the Greek myths, the Roman myths, the Teutonic myths, and creation myths from other societies. In that case, the number of people initially created by god/gods/goddesses varies from "one" to "one pair" to "lots."

If you want a strict Biblical discussion, you'll have to throw out our original source plus any other book. If you want other material included, that means you'll have to accept a lot of other strange things.

...like people being born from fruit trees (African.)

you got a point...maybe I should say Christian/Catholic Books not included in the bible...but that believe in the premises of Genesis....the kebra negast is the ethiopian christian holy book...but would the Talmud fall into that category too? I don't know....I just didn't want to discuss random creation theories....since there are so many of them out there...like people being born in plants (india too)

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Here is a good site for what you are asking for WorldWatcher. Enjoy.

www.pseudepigrapha.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
enjoy I will!!!! thank you so very much

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Excellent website!

Many thanks to Ade! I shall review this at my leisure...

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
well, there are a lot of things this thread has not brought up yet. lets say that adam and eve WERE the first two humans. The bible says that eve was formed from adams rib. so thereby having the same DNA, such as A-sexual animals. forget their kids having sex and thereby causing inbreeding, the two of them having kids already would have been badness.

or lets say that Adam and Eve were not the only ones around, so we do not have to worry about the incest issue. well, then everyone was killed in the great flood except for 4 couples...the men of which were all related. its pretty clear in the bible that no one else survived the flood, so even if there wasnt the problem before, it would obviously be around now.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The entire thing reminds me of a badly played out soap opera

The Age of The Atom

Annunaki: Let us Create the Atom aka Adam in our Image.

Reptillians: No!! Let them be Created in Our Image Damnit!

Annunaki: Don't be Idiots, your DNA is so skewed we'd end up with a Degenerate Race of Neanderthals! Errr wait, that already happened in the last experiment, erm.

Reptillians: That's It. We're tired of your 'Holier than Thou' attitudes. It's time to Die "takes out lazer and attempts to destroy the Annunaki Lab".

Annunaki: Not this time you Reptillian Bastards! "deflects the attention of Reptillians using a Vile containing the purest form of mixed Lilleth/Adam DNA 24%

To Be Continued.....

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by Sapphire]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
o.k.-here's a few thoughts:

1)God did not stop "creating" even while Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel, Seth, and crew where running around Eden.

2) The Son's of Heaven (Angels) found the "Daughters of Man" (Humans) "Fair"......and a little inter-spieces relations happened.

3) or the Bible is not the "only" truth *ducks missles*

4) Or there really is "Divine Creation", combined with Evolution.

Just a few thoughts...............

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Or ...

1. It's all True
2. It's all a Farce
3. We're Hybrids after all
4. The world is a big fishtank
5. We're actually rejected genetic experiments created by Alien Beings
6. We're alien Beings inside Human genetically created bodies for purposes unknown to us, because 'we' forget

7. This is [Earth] a carefully constructed TV show being watched as we speak by Alien Races on other planets, because they find us entertaining.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Well, let's just say it, there really weren't that many people to hook up with back then.

Whadya gonna do? Cain and ABel were always a little tichy anyway.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Or we are just part of the dream of some advanced species.

Or we are an virtual simluation playing on some alien's desk right now as we speak - Star Trek. Remember?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

7. This is [Earth] a carefully constructed TV show being watched as we speak by Alien Races on other planets, because they find us entertaining.

wow, i feel like im on the Truman show now...*hides and looks for cameras*

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
If Adam and Eve were the first two people created and they had Cain and Abel, who did Cain and Abel marry?
Some have suggested there were other people on earth at the time, but that would contradict Adam and Eve being the first people.

[

Well, for starters, you forgot Lilith, Adams first wife, who went into the Desert. All Christian versions of the old testament edit Gen Chapter 2, but if you read a proper Bere# (Hebrew version of the 1st 5 books) Eve is Adam's 2nd wife. So obviously she was around, just hanging out between the desert and the Red Sea.

BTW, Lilith is the actual Evil as refered to in all Christian text, she is the serpant that told Eve to taste the fruit. And the representitive of all things bad or wicked. Christian authorities plucked out Lilith because she is Adam Equal, therefore just as powerful as he is.

Gensis Chapter 2 has nothing to do with the Creation of the earth, but moreso and explaination of were emotions come from. There is a clear division in the ending of chapter 1 and the the seen is reset again in chapter 2. Eden is a place somewhere other than Earth, possibly heaven. The key is the word "Cherubim" the revolving feiry sword. These are references to the zodiac of ancient times, pre-Egyptian/greek, possibly Arab or Magi. There is no literal definition from Hebrew of Cherubim, but it has tons of contemporary definitions. Council of the Highest Angels, is most common. The Arab Zodiac calendar (similar to St. Peter's Plaza with the obelisk in the middle) uses what is called the Magic sword of wisdom as the Plumb of the wheel. that would be a revolving fiery sword. That would mean that Cherubim is is the Constellations of the Ellipse, hence council of angels.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join