It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Developers Talk Wii Remote-Controlled Robots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Military Developers Talk Wii Remote-Controlled Robots

kotaku.com

CNN has just run an interesting segment on military robots coming in the near future that will be controlled using the Nintendo Wii remote, looking at the pros and cons of Wii-bots.

The main benefit of using a Wii remote to control military robots is the ease of use, especially compared to today's control panels, which feature more than 40 buttons that a soldier must keep on top of during sensitive procedures. On the other hand, developers have to overcome sensitivity concerns to make sure a twitching soldier doesn't accidentally set off a bomb or alert enemies to the robot's presence, while also making sure the signal cannot be hacked. The last thing we need is for the enemy to pull out their own Wii remotes, as hilarious as the mental picture that brings to mind may be.

How long until we start getting photos of remotes stuck in jeep windshields?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So, I see a lot of talk about how advanced the US Military is and how they use the cutting edge technology. If this is true why did it take until now for the Military to use this technology? Now I realize that there are some hidden military operations so we dont see a lot of this really high tech technology. But who is using this high tech? Not just this one but any others? Some of the technologies could provide a huge advantage over other govts militarys so it would seem that if the US govt has some of these technologies and were using them behind the scenes, wouldnt US govt be able do whatever they want? Why are there so many situations where we let soliers struggle in combat but apparently, secretly they have better technologies that they are not letting the soldiers use? This just doesnt make sense.

This is just some random thought I had after I saw this article. Anyone have any input

kotaku.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

join