It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know the cause of "losing time"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm not scared by this, i'm just wondering.

I've had experiences where i've starred at a clock trying to get up for the morning, blinked and it as exactly one hour later. I brought it up to a coworker who's had the same experiences with it, but much more often than i have.

This morning i was awake at 4:30 and i was just laying there. I had my eyes shut and I was thinking my random thoughts for about 10 minutes, watching the blackness of my eyes. For about half a second. the black turned a darker shade and returned to normal. I don't think i fell asleep because my thoughts didn't change topics or anything out of the ordinary. But i opened my eyes and about an hour had passed. it was 5:43. So, anybody have an understanding of these occurances?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This is quite a common thing in the context you are talking about. The conscious mind is the part of you that tracks time. When you are in the sleep state, or in-between, your sub-conscious or super-conscious mind is active while your waking consciousness sleeps. The reality is, time does not exist. We created time so that we may experience a linear 3D world for learning purposes. The sub-conscious/super-conscious does not reside in that realm.

Lets say that you experienced a short vision or conversation in a non waking consciousness state. It seemed like only a moment, yet the clock still runs free. Time is relative to perception and the perceiver. It is a construct of consciousness, not a law or a reality.

It works in reverse as well. You may experience timelessness in deep meditation. In that case it would seem like days, weeks, a lifetime has passed while you experience; yet when you return from your inner journey only 1 hour has passed. Once again, YOU are a co-creator of time.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Annoying things like that happened to me a couple of years back. I'd wake up at say, 6am or something and go "Oh crap, I can sleep for another hour. I'd close my eyes for what felt like 1 minute or something and I'd check my watch to see that it's 7:10am or something.

That got really irritating.

new topics

join