It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something to consider about Nibiru/Eris

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
To all those who are saying this planet will come really close to Earth in 2012 and cause massive destruction due to its size, just have a look at these images from the Wikipedia page for the planet Eris (official name).

Its orbit:

It clearly doesnt even come close to any of the inner planets in contractidction to what people like Sitchin/Igan have stated.

Its size:

It is in no way bigger or even close to the size of Earth.

Just like to point those 2 things out.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Sorry, to say this dear friend, first of all I dont think that eris is considered to be nibiru, the eccentricity of the orbit of eris is not high as compared to nibirus, so I doubt whether all the believers will buy this. And anyway, I know for sure that nibiru does not exist, if it existed we should have already felt it gravitational effects on the sun, but the sun is very silent now.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

I was just wondering how you know that we would be feeling the effects already. If there is no Nibiru then how do you know where it would be. Also I seem to remember reading somewhere that it would be impossible for Nibiru to sustain such an orbit. How come Eris can. I could be wrong.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

The word NIBIRU should be removed from the net with immediate effect

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Are you asking how Eris is able to maintain the eccentric orbit?

The answer, is that, beyond pluto, there is a region of loose rocks, called the kuiper belt objects, which have very eccentric orbits, and it is bound to the sun, and only the speed gets affected, when it reaches the nearest and farthest point.

And niiru is supposed to be a brown dwarf and the sun and nibiru together are supposed to be a binary star system, so, if you read the observations of binary star systems, it can be seen that both orbit with respect to a common center of gravity, and so it is impossible for nibiru to orbit the sun, and even if it existed, and were to come in 2012, it should have been near the orbit, of neptune, and visible to the people, viewing through telescope.

Edit:

here is nibirus orbit.

And is you can see, it chould have been close enough and visible by now.

[edit on 19/12/08 by peacejet]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Im not a proponent of the Nibiru/2012 thing, I have read his (Sitchin's)books and nowhere does it say that it (Nibiru) is due back in 2012 nor does he say the earth has been struck or will be struck by Nibiru.

As for Nibiru being Eris...its supposed to be an obrit of thousands of years not hundreds.

Again I don't claim any of it is real but the misinfo (from the source) is staggering.

But pointing out that if a planet/oid such as Eris can have a Hundreds of years orbit why cant there be one out the with a thousands of years orbit?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Hi peacejet, thanks for your explanation. I thought there might be something to this Nibiru thing about six months ago but now not so much. My opinion changed based on what I read and researched(if you can call it that). I also remember some report saying that we will be able to see it in May of 2009. I guess we can just wait and see.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

the sun and nibiru together are supposed to be a binary star system, so, if you read the observations of binary star systems, it can be seen that both orbit with respect to a common center of gravity, and so it is impossible for nibiru to orbit the sun

Actually the Earth and the moon are a binary system and the moon orbits the earth just fine with a common center of gravity.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pigwithoutawig

Hi peacejet, thanks for your explanation. I thought there might be something to this Nibiru thing about six months ago but now not so much. My opinion changed based on what I read and researched(if you can call it that). I also remember some report saying that we will be able to see it in May of 2009. I guess we can just wait and see.

Glad to see i aint the only one getting confused with all the information on the net.
Only recent i started to enjoy all the vids about Nibiru, predictions, ancients, aliens, ufo's, etc....
The problem is one stumbles on a random site, absorb the info without knowing at that time if more relevant info is allready available.
Old stories that have later been uncovered as a hoax, totally crap.

That is why i also ended up here, seems like many people have gained more knowledge and kept a closer eye on this matter than me.
So i seek the truth here, and ATS has been really helpfull is providing more info, more recent links, great updates.... and more questions

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Nibiru is not only a fable but an impossible object. There is no such thing as a stable 3,600 year orbit (Sitchin's Claim). There are too many variables with gravity to make it possible. Case in point Haley's Comet - to name but one of many.

I wish this whole Nibiru thing would just go away as it clearly does not deserve the amount of discussion, and in some cases 'belief' that the topic enjoys.

IRM

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I hate predictions that are like.. 3 or 4 years into the future. The ones a month or two from now, like the giant UFO that never showed in December, can be dismissed quickly.

We will have to endure another ridiculous 3 years before this goes away. Man, I can't wait until 1/1/2013.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Arm chair science here...

I don't seem to be able to find the data to support the orbit they claim.
A few thoughts I would like cleared up:
1) I don't understand why we found this object when it was so far away leaving our system?
2) It's orbit is only 557 years according to the data and doesn't quite add up to the orbital speed and distance they claim?
3) 250 years ago and 800 years ago we have very good astronomical records that have not clearly recorded this object. Why not?
4) Why can't I find this on Google sky map?

I would love to see more independent data posted about Eris.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I found bright object near the constellation of Leo

coordinates are RA 11h04m33.89s Dec 12 degree 40'12.79"

any idea what this object is?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I think nibiru most likely is a collective memory of the chixulub impact...

another probability is its in a different dimension; as physicists theorize, gravity probably bleeds through dimensions. so, a planet's gravity in a different dimension may affect earth should they converge though there is no danger of an actual collision...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by user22009

I dont know what that object is.

I am shocked that there are still people talking about this Naminbiu star, planet whatever it is. C'mon people.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The question is when magic rock Niburu does not come in 2012 when will be the next "end date". Although the subject of 2012 is to big and deserves it's own hoax thread, there is no real evidence to back it up.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Who actually owns the Google sky mapping device? Google? that would be hard to believe. Answers anyone??

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This is what Sitchin says:

So, You See, As Nibiru Orbits…

No, that is not (yet) a quote from a report in the scientific journal Nature, but that is what the conclusion is of a study by six astronomers (including one from a NASA institute) published in the Journal's July 16, 2009 issue.

The Asteroid Belt between Mars and Jupiter is presumed to be the remnant of 'something' that was there and broke up. So how come it includes bits and pieces of matter found only in the outer reaches of the Solar System? The enigma is compounded by the fact that these strange bits and pieces contain organic-rich matter. The group's findings: These are bits and pieces of "primordial trans-Neptunian objects" left in the Asteroid Belt as orbiting 'comets' or 'cometlike objects' pass through it and collide with its asteroids, leaving behind a 'footprint'.

Substitute 'Nibiru' with its "organic-rich matter" for "comets or cometlike objects" as it passes periodically through the Asteroid Belt, and you get the true answer -- another instance of modern science catching up with ancient knowledge.

October 2009 Zecharia Sitchin

link

Also, there is something called Yo-yo planets and The History channel will have a show called Alien Planets that will air again on Jan 3rd 2009
and it talks about them.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Elieser]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The entire Nibiru claim is rubbish, there is nothing other than the fanciful and often incorrect translations by a guy who has something like.. 30 books for sale on his website. Think he doesn't have an agenda? Of course he does. He'll keep "translating" and changing the story, so that once he is old and grey, he could care less what people believe. He'll have already accomplished his $$$ making mission.

Don't be duped by a scam artist like this fraud, Sitchen.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

He has been old, he was born in 1922 and he is still defending what he wrote. Read what he wrote and look at the discoveries that scientists have found before you talk trash about him.

top topics

join