It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to know when your Dreaming - Tips

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I have seen quite a few interesting threads here on ATS regarding dreams, lucidity, OBE's and Astral Travel.

I will not regard myself as a master or some person with special powers, but what I can offer is a couple of tips for beginners in Lucid Dreaming.

How to know when your dreaming? Three things are needed discipline, time and practice.

How long to achieve results? Sometimes you can do it in less than a week.

I found sure way, I always know that I am dreaming when I look for letters, text, sentences, scrolls and numbers. Why?

Well lets talk about this area. You are reading my text right now, correct? Yes.

Now, if you where in a dream state these letters would not remain the same, they would change before your very eyes. Letters, text, words, sentences and Numbers in a dream state seem to have almost no value, because they change so rapidly.

What do I mean by change? They transform into other letters/numbers, text, words, sentences, shapes, etc...they do not remain stable, right before your eyes.

So here is a practice for you. Right now while your reading this, ask yourself this. Am I Dreaming? stare at the letters do they change, of coarse not because you are not in a dream state. Start to do this at least 5 times a day with whatever your reading, then it will become a habit.

After a while, in your dream, you will start to look for letters, text, words, or numbers this will be your dream trigger, so you will know your are dreaming and then lucidity will start.

Another dream trigger for me is looking at the moon or the sun, because they always start to change quickly.

Goodluck

I would like to hear how others know they are dreaming.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Unfortunately, whenever I realize I am dreaming I wake up pretty quickly.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732
Unfortunately, whenever I realize I am dreaming I wake up pretty quickly.

Nothing wrong with this, it is because you get excited. I am correct to assume this?

What you need to do is just relax in your dream, it will take some doing but when you relax the rabbit hole goes very deep.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Exactly! I realize I am dreaming, get excited about it, then try to actively do things in my dream or control my dream and I wake up.

I appreciate the suggestion. Next time it happens I will try to remain calm and see what happens.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You know it's funny... I did exactly what you said in the thread and the very next night it happened. I remember staring at some sentences on a paper and they started scrambling around and there I was lucid dreaming...
lol. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I can always read in my dreams. A long time ago someone told me that to achieve lucidity something you should look for was text just in the way you said but that never worked for me. I think the first thing that helped me realize I was dreaming was a cell phone. I kept pushing the "off" button and it wouldn't turn off for me. After that I started wearing a bracelet and every time during the day that I would see the bracelet I would ask myself if I was dreaming and assess the situation.

Many people find that trying to adjust light through a switch or something doesn't work while you're dreaming.

Once you realize you're dreaming it's best to remain calm and rub your hands together or clap to keep yourself from feeling your hands in reality. Spinning around also helps keep the dream.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovaGirl
You know it's funny... I did exactly what you said in the thread and the very next night it happened. I remember staring at some sentences on a paper and they started scrambling around and there I was lucid dreaming...
lol. Thanks.

Cool! I am glad you were able to achieve it so quickly, you must be a very special person.

Some people try for years before they achieve what you just did.

Thanks for the feedback, it made my day.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
When I don't know I'm dreaming, everything feels faster. When I do know, it doesn't really matter. Half the time when I do know, I don't do anything about: the dream plays out like I don't know it's happening. The other half of the time, when I want to change something in the dream, I can't do it. I tried to fly many times, but I rarely can do it (what's kind of cool is that I couldn't fly once in a dream, but I saw some kid say a word or spell or something then he grew wings and flew. I said the same phrase, and grew eagle wings and flew! I can't remember the phrase, though!). I can only control myself in my dreams, I can't control the dream itself.
What's the matter with me?

EDIT: Actually, I almost always know I'm dreaming.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by flyindevil]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Nothing's the matter with you, it just takes a lot of patience and practice. Some people find that it's easier to start flying in your dreams if you start jumping to get the hang of it.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
There is another great post about lucid dreaming here

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I had many lucid dreams before I knew what they were. Now that I know what they are I am able to control my actions more, I let the dream run as it is and just decide how to handle the situation, the flying part is giving me trouble but some good advise is too jump araound to get started and really knowing that in the state you are in while you are lucid you can fly.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I almost always know it is a dream but i just play along with it, they are vivid and all but i just cant get in controll, any tips?

new topics

top topics

join