It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible was Channeled!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I love the Urantia papers, much more then I respect the bible. Many people don't share my views on the matter. They mistakenly try to put the "Urantia book" in one pile of works far away from "The bible".

Besides being falsely nationalistic and mythological spun, the best parts of the bible are in fact channeled works.

They are messages recieved by a "prophet" out of thin air.

Why is it people seem to forget this?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
.......because they weren't channeled out of thin air. They're representative of mans ability to view the wavelike nature of reality while under the influence of psychedelics.

Peace

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros
.......because they weren't channeled out of thin air. They're representative of mans ability to view the wavelike nature of reality while under the influence of psychedelics.

Peace

Your not wrong to your perception, but your perception hasn't been filled yet in this experience of sine.

Do you like to surf? Your on the most bitching wave ever.

Do you like Long Board or Short? Long OK ah you like to walk the "plank"....go on step up closer to the nose, let the wave curl over the back, you know how...

The prophets saw what they saw and heard what they heard with no doubt as shaman. You eat a few locusts, some crazy beetles, top it with some wild honey wine, you bet your going to have some visions.

Remember the prophets were despised OF men, not by men. It is the Living God who comes as a swift witness to the weak, and desolate, and widowed, and afflicted. Yes, he comes in aid to put down the hand (our own) from the devourer.

The priests of the temple were trained in apothecary and the arts of "incense" making. How do you think a priest goes days and days on a fast only being anointed in the "holy oil"? Who is the Lord veiled in rolling smoke, but the spirit going before the flesh from the flesh.

But even this is "vanity and grasping at the wind"...

Peace

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
There was me thinking they blatantly ripped off many other religions around at the time.Copy and paste job.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
There was me thinking they blatantly ripped off many other religions around at the time.Copy and paste job.

Does the bible, as presented in book form ever say it belongs to anybody other then Gods inspiration? It is indeed written by men, but then again everything is written by men, or we wouldn't be witnessing these things to one another.

All I mean is when I read the bible, I don't see a "Written by:" at the beginning of the story I just read the words, one by one.

The languages these words were written in their roots hold their true "tongues". For example, the importance of this in respect to clarification of the words being communed is given in the beginning of the Urantia Book. It gives the best available to our language for it's expression.

This is not the fullness with out the experiencer.

They are poured threw one another to fullness, never half empty and never half full, but CURRENT being the cause and the outcome, ELECT trick city.

Portions of the bible were sealed and spoken of being that way "to this day". It is not apparent in the English, only the sealed languages. I believe, because our creator states he is true, that he is. That all that is purposed is true because it is checked and tried. Being checked and tried, it is found to have no flaw that hasn't consumed itself.

Peace

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Starred and flagged, but I think you get too upset over nothing...
Why do you care which book is percieved how?
The information explosion all over the world has changed the perceptions of the new generation coming up and the majority opinion that is now will not be the majority opinion in fifty years. And there are a LOT more books telling clearer and clearer truths than your favorite book is.

new topics

top topics

join