It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Hank Paulson . . . Auto Czar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Paulson Takes Lead in Auto Rescue Talks

In the negotiations, the Treasury secretary, Henry M. Paulson Jr., is effectively taking on the role of “auto czar,” which was envisioned in the carmakers rescue bill written by the White House and Congressional Democrats and approved by the House but blocked by Senate Republicans.

Is it just me, or does this put the fear of Jesus into anyone else?

Link to story . . .

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster

Paulson Takes Lead in Auto Rescue Talks

In the negotiations, the Treasury secretary, Henry M. Paulson Jr., is effectively taking on the role of “auto czar,” which was envisioned in the carmakers rescue bill written by the White House and Congressional Democrats and approved by the House but blocked by Senate Republicans.

Is it just me, or does this put the fear of Jesus into anyone else?

Link to story . . .

The word czar alone puts fear into me. What are we now communists? I looked of the definition and got 5 of them 4 referred to Russian leaders the other just defined it along the lines of a very powerful man.

Almost reminds me of a dictatorship one man in charge of an entire car industry? what next a fast food czar? a pharmaceutical czar? just wait a tax czar is around the corner. Didn't our forefathers warn us about this?

Oh wait never mind my ancestors where overly wealthy Russians who got to the US via the black market. In order to escape the czar, time to go back I guess.

new topics

join