It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2008 See you next year?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I don't know, but it would seem to me with us knee deep in the "holiday season" and/or maybe associated with global financial crises, ATS is been slowing down to a near trickle over the past couple of weeks.

I know many of the ATS freaks I count on for a daily dose of thrills and chills are just fallen silent as night.

I might join in the drop out if I only had something else to do. Though I know because I've checked around no other place can tickel the testers like the ATS can can.

Well maybe next year?

Where did everyone go?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I have to agree. All the good stuff that made me sign up in the first place and keeps me coming back every day seems to be trickling off a little. I guess the real world is hitting everyone right now.

Well, here's to a happy holiday season for all. See you around!

[edit on 12/18/2008 by CeltAngel]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I don't want to complain because I don't start threads myself, but I do agree with you.

I've spent more time in BTS recently. I've enjoyed the 'would you rather' game and Asala's poetry competition.

They're too tough for me, but Static Sky has a cipher thread.

I remember your thread about cannibalism which was laugh - have you no other daft ideas?

Of course, if we're really fed up and there's no-one much to play with one of us could start a thread saying we have a ufo picture which we'll post in a few hours or tomorrow evening after we've got a mate to fix the computer....

Double dare you

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Perhaps its because when the holidays get closer, people have alot of things to do besides sit at a pc and spend all day and night having posting races.

They will come back after fighting the shopping crowds and gift wrapping and so forth.

There is a life besides the pc.

Happy Holidays!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Blasphemy!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Blasphemy!

Well, I've heard that there is life beyond computers, but those that live there are not the happies or freest people I've ever gotten to know.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I've heard when a person dies their whole life flashes in front of their eyes. Mine will be one long show of me sitting at the computer and typing on ATS,

I'll probably just get to skip that part

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I've noticed that it has slowed down here on ATS too.

I was thinking that maybe, with the economy the way it is, that people are unable to pay for access to the internet anymore!

Having a roof over your head, electricity and some food in the belly are a little more important than having access to the internet at home.

[edit on 12/18/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
I was thinking that maybe, with the economy the way it is, that people are unable to pay for the internet anymore!

Well my findings are that it's especially slowed down during the day time. Where most were logging onto ATS from work when they should have been working.

I'm thinking they've been sacked or are fearful of being sacked, and or making up the slack from those that were sacked for logging onto ATS when they should have been working.

However, I'm thinking its more along the lines of busier lifestyles associated with the holiday season. Some people do have lives you know.

Wait!? Did I just say I didn't have a life? Oh jeeze.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
It's because ATS has gotten to big for their own shoulders.

It's the Quantily versus quality measure!

All the conspiracies have been discussed to death!

ATS is now the equivelant to watching 3's company reruns.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Also, it's all copy and paste now of Reuters.com

2 lines.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by designerplague
It's because ATS has gotten to big for their own shoulders.

It's the Quantily versus quality measure!

All the conspiracies have been discussed to death!

ATS is now the equivelant to watching 3's company reruns.

That's a big statement to make after a mere two weeks here. Has that much changed since December started?

Things always slow down during certain times of the year, and someone always comes out of the woodwork to exclaim "ATS is too big now!" and pronounce the site DOA.

If ATS is the equivalent of watching Three's Company reruns, why do you post?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Someone I was talking to about the internet said something I had not associated with things here on ATS. I have other connections with people and many people I know have been getting back online after some time in black outs around the nation.

There are many people without power in the US right now and that includes the internet.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well, I see you are here, and frankly, I am happy you are.

There is much dirt in the world, and more by the day. The youth are coming on too by greater numbers. People are still searching for the truth, for answers, attempting to see beyond the disillusionment. I think it would be a disservice if you bailed, just as the heat gets turned up.

However that is my take, and most likely does not reflect the plan of our Creator. I should keep an open mind to changes.

top topics

join