It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ONE dollar Bill.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
So if you've been living on credit too long, under a rock or in another place that doesn't accept U.S.D. as curency, you might not be aware, but all others should know that the United States Government has over time been revamping their paper dollars.

Personally I love the new purple fives, but we're here to talk about the ONE dollar bill.

Now the ONE dollar bill has had so many conspiracies associated with it, I didn't know where to start, so I thought I'd just throw this under general.

Has anyone seen what a new ONE will look like? Does anyone want to speculate what "secret society" symbology will be on the new ONE?

Give me ONE good responce!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I believe the preliminary design is complete:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

HAHAHA, I LOVE it!!! Get that to the Mint NOW!

In all seriousness, they're coming out with a new $1 coin soon - maybe that's what you've heard? There's tons of fake/ gift $1 bills out there, I was not able to find any "real" information.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

I was actually wondering if they were doing away with the dollar all together. God knows a dollar isn't worth much more then a coin these days. However what I was talking about was years ago they said they were going to redo all the USD bills. 20$ 10$ and 5$ have been redone and everyone is still awaiting the 1$ bill.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Are you saying that anywhere that doesn't use USD as currency is comparable to being under a rock?
I'm sorry, but there are plenty of places on Earth that are just as nice, if not nicer than the United Slavery of America.

My uncle gave me some US Dollars once, I thought it looked like Monopoly money.

Not that the redesigns they're doing on British Pounds is any better mind.
And don't even get me started on the Euro

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Now that you say it, I do remember hearing that. I've been googling for a little bit now to see if I could find any information about a new $1bill. The closest I could find was a Wiki article saying there were no plans to redesign the bill. With all the money that has been spent promoting the $1 coins, it is a reasonable assumption that perhaps the $1 bill will be discontinued. I wonder what the cost and durability differences are?

(I wonder how the adult entertainment industry would react? ;-) )

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Speaking of the current one dollar bill, does anyone here know the history of the "owl" that sits on the left hand side of the top right hand border around the numeral "1"? (You'll need a mag glass)- I would love to know when this started being printed on the bill and the official why.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by selfisolated

I don't think that was Incarnated's point - I think OP was just saying "for those who haven't seen then new bills, they're redesigning them". Sarcasm and dry humor can be easily lost when one is just looking at text

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

Dangit, and I don't have any cash on me to look right now.

I don't know the history of the owl - but as this is a conspiracy site - the owl is supposed to be a masonic symbol of knowledge. Aren't there a bunch more masonic symbols on paper currency?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I've always thought you guys should do away with the $1 note in favour of a coin - but that's mostly cos over here we have always had a £1 coin, and more recently a £2 coin... Mind you stuffing coins in a strippers g-string wont work well

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I have looked everywhere for an explanation for the owl. If I'm not mistaken, the owl also represents an Egyptian god, as well as Molech, whom I believe was a Babylonian god children were sacrificed to.

As for as the one, here's aneat little tidbit:

The number thirteen, symbolizing the 13 original colonies, shows up 13 times:

13 total letters/digits in both 1776 (4) and its Roman Numeral equivalent MDCCLXXVI (9)
13 stars above the eagle
13 steps on the Pyramid
13 letters in ANNUIT COEPTIS
13 letters in E PLURIBUS UNUM
13 vertical bars on the shield
13 horizontal stripes at the top of the shield
13 leaves on the olive branch
13 berries on the olive branch
13 arrows
13 berries on the front of bill
13 elements on either side of the base of Washington's portrait (8 leaves, 5 berries)

WIKI

Neat huh?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
I've always thought you guys should do away with the $1 note in favour of a coin - but that's mostly cos over here we have always had a £1 coin, and more recently a £2 coin... Mind you stuffing coins in a strippers g-string wont work well

I could go somewhere with that but I will not. I like the new bills but I prefer coins over bills anyday. A coin can help you level out a table and make random decisions.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

Very cool. I love symbolism for the sake of symbolism and NOT a conspiracy theory. Not saying it's not out there, Just saying I like symbolism. Thanks for the find!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I highlty doubt there will be a new $1 bill. Coins, maybe. But bills? No, they are much too proud of that talisman to discontinue it.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Privy_Princess
I highlty doubt there will be a new $1 bill. Coins, maybe. But bills? No, they are much too proud of that talisman to discontinue it.

First let it be understood I don't believe in the consparicies about the ONE dollar bill, but I'll say there is iconography. The point of this thread is pondering what iconography might transfer over to the new ONE.

If they don't revamp the new ONE then that's just as well as saying the conspiracy crazies are right as they are suposed to revamp all the dollar bills.

It is a kenundrum.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I haven't heard of a redesigned 1 dollar bill I though re designing was limited to the higher denomination bills like the $5 and up.
www.treas.gov...
www.bep.treas.gov...
And BTW here's the owl or spider if you will

[edit on 19-12-2008 by alyosha1981]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
As the higher denominations folded seem to depict the World Trade Centers going up in smoke. May I suggest that the new One might have something ground zero related, like the molten steel found in the rubble. Or the new Freedom Tower of Babel to be completed in 2012.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I dont believe they will make a new 1$ bill because the whole reason for redoing the bills was to counter counterfitting (iran had recently acquired some of the usa's money making equipment from the 1970's and was starting to print 'fake' us currency) and the 1$ is the least likely to be counterfitted.

However, I am interested to know what they would do with a new one.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I think they should put 2 big tits on the front of the new dollar bill...and instead of the owl ..put a kangaroo....do you know what the kangaroo means in mason terms...it means drop kicker.... it'll leap into the air come down and drop kick you...when you wake up ur in the new world order....

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
$100 bill is next year.

No plans for the one dollar bill that I've heard.

top topics

join