It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army COE IP's Caught Harrassing Levee Group (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I was watching local news here in New Orleans and came across a video that I found to be interesting for not only people who may be focused on Katrina-related conspiracies, but conspiracies as a whole in possible gov't meddling online under member accounts to subvert citizen activities.

It seems that Sandy Rosenthal, the director of the group Levees.org, traced back some of the IP's of registered members who were harassing people on her site's blog back to the Corps of Engineers. The response by the CoE made it sound as though it was one single member, but multiple user identities as well as multiple unique IP's going back to the CoE were found by Ms. Rosenthal.

How much further do you really believe they are going that we don't know about because we haven't caught them yet? :shk:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I have been saying for ages now, the Net is a MAJOR battleground, and we really need to start taking it seriously. The PTB are, and they are waging a tech/info/media war across cyberspace, Human minds and the control fo the flow of information is the prize. And like the OP says, How much are they doing that we don't know about because they haven't been caught doing it yet?

Starred and Flagged Nite.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
There is another thread on this topic. HERE

It was a natural disaster, and those folks down there had plenty of warning to get out of the way and choose not to and got their feet wet.

To bash the Army Corps of Engineers over an act of God is only someone seeking compensation for their lack of better judgement and most likely is the cause of the backfire she is getting.

1-900-WAHH is the number. Someone post that in her blog.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 17-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That is unfortunately a matter of opinion. Unless you believe in the lack of free will and God's complete and utter control of humans in all aspects, the levees were indeed poorly constructed which contributed to their damage and complete collapse in some areas. That is fact which can be shown how the CoE knew of problems yet did not address them. It is a fact that the levees are their responsibility, just as levees around the country are their responsibility.

I seek no compensation other than for the Corps of Engineers to do their job correctly.

Oh, and as for the other thread. This one was posted first.

*Edit - Also, by the way, a hurricane coming or not does not shift blame of shoddy construction from the people that are supposed to construct them properly over to citizens that live in that area.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 12/17/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
That isnt the issue. Here you got some lady who is complaining about levees collapsing from a major natural disaster, and is simply looking for someone to blame for her "free will" to stay and get flooded out.

Nothing wrong with the right or free will to choose to stand in front of a speeding train expecting it to just go around you. But after that, dont go blaming someone else for the results because of your own free will choices.

To say they were built "shotty" is mute because that hurricane was so severe there would have been no levee that would have withstood it.

And there was plenty of warning ahead of the brunt of it. It was only plastered all over the networks and radio for 3 weeks prior to it even comming ashore.

I think that this lady put out enough bashing to the wrong place and someone at the ACOE got a tad offended and just gave back what was due.

And dispite what people think about modern technology, nothing we build can be totally immune to nature's wrath.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 17-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I'm afraid you are seriously missing the point here.

1. Whether you stayed for Katrina or not had no effect on whether or not your property was destroyed due to negligence in the construction of levees in a zone that should have been protected.

2. You're drawing this conversation off topic. This is about the Corps of Engineers' IPs showing up multiple times harassing members of a blog that wishes to hold them accountable for their shoddy construction.

There are plenty of threads discussing who was right or wrong for staying or leaving. I can't think of a justifiable reason why you would come into the thread bashing the woman being interviewed, unless you were attempting to distract from the actual story which is about the CoE harassing people against them online. This article is not about the life of Sandy Rosenthal.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

*Edit - can't speel tonight.

[edit on 12/17/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
No Im not trying to divert the point. The very point of the COE lashing back is because of what this lady did in the first place, lashing at the COE for the result of a natural disaster.

You cant just dismiss the cause just because one lady out of the entire population there that only has 7 or so posting on her blog to be the justifiable reason to ignore what she did in the first place to warrent what happend back at her.

Would it have mattered if the COE person did this from their own personal PC and IP? What exactly is her agenda? Lets look at it from the very begining and then discuss the reasons why 1 out of 1600 COE personell lashed back.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
No Im not trying to divert the point. The very point of the COE lashing back is because of what this lady did in the first place, lashing at the COE for the result of a natural disaster.

One, you act as if this lady is some sole avenger. She is not. Secondly there is no justification for a government entity to begin harassing citizens for disagreeing with them.

You cant just dismiss the cause just because one lady out of the entire population there that only has 7 or so posting on her blog to be the justifiable reason to ignore what she did in the first place to warrent what happend back at her.

See above, if you think only one person is angry out of the entire population then you are sorely mistaken. Again there is no justification for a government entity to go on any site that consists of peacefully assembled citizens and harass them because they don't agree with the government organization. That undermines any effort of credibility on their part.

Would it have mattered if the COE person did this from their own personal PC and IP? What exactly is her agenda? Lets look at it from the very begining and then discuss the reasons why 1 out of 1600 COE personell lashed back.

How many IP's do you post from? Do you know for sure that only one person was doing this from multiple IP's? Stands to reason that it is more likely that multiple people were doing it from multiple IP addresses, in comparison to it only being one. As far as the person doing it on their own PC/IP, if that was the case it wouldn't have shown up win an ACE IP, would it?

What is her agenda? To shed light on the fact that a government entity is harassing citizens peacefully assembled on the internet for disagreeing with their ability to correctly build levees that they are supposed to be building correctly in the first place! What citizen would not be angry and concerned if a gov't agency that her tax dollars went to would first be the flaw that brought waters to New Orleanian's homes and then resort to harassing dissenters on a blog?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Ive got family in New Orleans, so I know she isnt the only one who is "upset" about the outcome of things.

However, so far, the lady is the only one who has taken things to a point where someone a the COE saw the comments and was offended by whatever it was she was saying. I mean cmon, it had to have been something enough to make the COE person respond back in the manner they did. And if it wasnt this lady directly, and is as "proper" as she puts on in that news interview, then perhaps she should have "moderated" her blog a bit more carefully?

It wasnt a government agency lashing at a civilian. It was a COE personel lashing at a civilian on a government machine. Im sure that person will face some inquery if not charges.

Now as to the levee. To trust the government in the first place is haphazard especially when it was known since 1970 that the levee would not stand up to a Cat 3 level hurricane as described. So the problem existed far longer than just before Katrina. If the residents of New Orleans new this, then perhaps the residents, and the mayor, and the gov of Louisiana, should have done something about it.

The COE isnt a miracle worker and they too are under a budget. They cant just magically rebuild a levee when their department is not allocated the funds to do so, hence the problem then is higher up the chain of command, or in this case, the appropriations committe and budet office, not to mention the elected senators and reps in congress that represent the state of Louisiana.

Anyway what was it that she said, or one of her blog members said that got this 1 out of 1600 COE personell to respond in the manner in which they did? Does anyone know that part of the story yet?

There are always two sides to the story. My brother and his family lost their house too, and they fully understand that it was something byond anyone's control. Sure the government dropped the ball, FEMA screwed up during recovery and rescue, alot of people suffered. But alot of people also were warned to leave the area days before the hurricane hit because they knew it was going to be a bad one.

Oh and please dont assume something about what I know or what I dont know. I lived there too btw, 2 decades ago. And even then, there was not much public outcry to do something about the levee situation, tho it was known to be in much need of a rebuild and re-enforcement.

It will be interesting to see if this makes government dump more needed funding down there to make them levees like they were supposed to be made back in 1970.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 18-12-2008 by RFBurns]

new topics

top topics

join