It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming attack on ATS by MSM

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I am starting this thread in response to the recent comments from ABC that tried to link conspiracy websites to mental illness . It seems to me , and I hope that I am wrong , that the first shots have been fired in a coming attack on sites such as ATS that promote free and open discussion , no matter where it takes us . Given the history of MSM I see this notion being perpetuated and debated with a growing campaign targeting sites such as ATS . These recent comments mixed with the desire of many to start regulating the internet cause me great alarm and concern . All we need now is one nut with a gun being linked to a site such as ATS to see the spark that starts the fire .
When you look at the current state of world affairs it is becoming more and more unpatriotic to go agents group thought . More and more we will become labeled as fanatics or nut jobs , becoming the punch line of late night TV jokes and scorned in the media . We need to take heed of these recent comments and watch with a close eye to insure that our right to free speech and thought is always a protected right .

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Max_TO]

+38 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It's the same propaganda attack that the media perpetrated against Ron Paul and everyone who backed him.....that people who believe in such things are unbalanced and mentally incompetant and "fringe"....and therefore should be dismissed as nothing they say or believe can be trusted or factual

What do you do when you have a source getting too close to unleashing a dangerous truth? You use your media machine to undermine and discredit that source until it is ridiculed and openly dismissed.

If you can't beat em....label them as fringe or dangerous or crack pot and every sheep within range of Fox News or ABC will follow suit hook line and sinker. After all...if it gets printed or discussed on a major network then it just has to be true...right?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I agree and I also believe that nothing happens by chance . Given that these media outlets are all owned by a select few who have there own agendas I think there is much more to these off hand comments by ABC then many are aware of .

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by BlackOps719

I agree and I also believe that nothing happens by chance . Given that these media outlets are all owned by a select few who have there own agendas I think there is much more to these off hand comments by ABC then many are aware of .

Pretty much says it all in the quote. Having studied psychiatry for many years now, I have discovered that many doctors relish the thought of altering a person's mind, and dumbing them down. Being called "mentally ill" but the established thought is nothing new for the long time conspiracy theorist or the insider who really knows the truth of the matter, it all comes with the territory, I guess. I don't care what MSN calls me, I am sure I have heard worse.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think it's more a wound that's been festering. Anybody remember that kid that shot his Grandparents then tried to do the same to his school, later it turned out he was a member on ATS?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Comments like those made by ABC are nothing new. Conspiracy researchers were making similar remarks back in the 60s and 70s. I really think people are making much too big a deal about this. And in fact these responses show exactly what the article was saying. People are taking an insignificant thing like this article and blowing it up into a whole conspiracy against ATS. That right there is paranoia.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Xcalibur254]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm sure that it is. Being able to think about something without having to buy into it is not a common trait in the populace.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I.ve heard more dissent from the likes of Bill O'Reilly thrashing Barney Frank, Barny Frank thrashing Paulson, etc..., about TARP fund distributions and Congressional finance,
as well as the report released by the Congressional Oversight Panel for Economic Stabilization, regarding the Treasury and FED allocation and infusion of funds contrary to TARP's purpose and with refusal to disclose who got what as excpected. There are some who are expecting answers as increasing demands for explaining plan changes, the lack of oversight on reporting of fund usage for those receiving monies, etc...

Just this subject alone has fueled anger and skepticism stirring coals withing Washington that suggest that many Representatives are calling foul and seem to be bigger conspiracy "nuts" than most web based discussion or info site surfers as suggested by ABC.

I would not be suprised if the COP and House Chairman as well as O'Reilly and other outspoken critics are on watchlists above many internet users.

I wonder if ABC already added these stereotypes, or will soon in a "Part Two" in an ongoing series of reports that consider these high profile folk mentally unstable.

Pretty soon, They may add Mr. Rogers to the list, and then Bob Ross. Soon, as well as all of US Citizens, the deceaseds' eternal resting places may be added to insure everything that can be done using warrantless surveilence technologies is done, adding confidence to the Nations security measures.

Ron Paul has also voiced his disgust on many monitary policies and expenditures. Will he top the list of Mental Wackos?

And then of course, there are those objecting to last minute "Midnight Legislation" being fast tracked at warp speeds in these final weeks of the current administration.

The list now has mainstream and high profile names that ABC may better define paranoid consiracy theorist mental cases, IMHO.

Soon, Prozac may be approved by the FDA as an additive for many grocery products, insuring that all "Citizens", (even those in mainstream and govt. who dare question what is happening with these unprecidented trillions of taxpayer dollars spent, suggesting that the funds are being misappropriated), A.K.A., "Conspiracy Nuts",

might then cause the introduction of a Federal drug fortification program bill that, when such legislation becomes law, will mandate psychiatric drug usage in ALL national food products, (including produce), to stablize the epidemic of obvious mental issues which are evidently the direct result of conspiracy accusations that SCREAM of paranoia as more and more people are said to be "listing to the port side",

the symptoms of which are apparent by observing the method used when questioning the tactics of those officials' authorized by legislation to administer the spending of funds and the logic used in and resulting goals that establish and define the decision making procedure and expected results regarding props and investment of our tax dollars.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I doubt anyone on ATS ... staff or members... is very worried over anything the MSM might have to say about the site itself, the people who own/run it, the people who frequent it, or the ideas put forth here. I've been called a fringe lunatic by better people than them, and coming from a group of people who'd sell their souls for a ratings point and wouldn't know what truth was if they were gagging on it... I'll take any disparaging comments from them as a compliment.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The link between the comments made by ABC and Internet Censorship are fictional.

While it is an easy target to say that they intend to censor the internet to prevent mental illness, the article also makes the point that online community discussion surrounding conspiracy theories is also considered healthy therapy for the delusional. This is because there is someone on the other side to tell them, "You're not crazy".

The main reason I am the only supporter on the concept is that:
Delusions are a common occurrence on ATS. Paranoia even more common. Can they be considered a mental health issue? That is for the professionals to determine depending on an individuals severity. They are however extremely common.

Do we have an example to back up those claims?

I think when Lauren Cox included David Icke's theory of Reptilians ruling the world, she did so to show the possibility of a delusional reality. No matter how healthy your mind is, we are all victim to trickery and lies. Depending on how deeply you believe in the trickery, and how you apply it to your future life is what determines whether or not you are delusional.

Is the possible to develop delusions from conspiracy websites?

I don't see any argument against it. I do however see an increasingly large number of people who believe less than credible stories from less than credible sources. They may believe the source is credible, but without factual evidence a domain name means nothing.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Seems only right in my eyes... They can't disproove our conspiarcies so they will attack us at the logical place... Our minds.

Philosiphers of old were thought to be crazy as well. It's a natural reaction.

It's nice to know that ATS is getting that much of a name... It's kind of exciting.

I have passed an amazing number of mental exams for various positions. If they wanna call me crazy... let 'em. Just lets me know I'm getting to them.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

They have linked us to crazies for awhile, as well as terrorists. If you will remember back to the anthrax attacks, they linked the scientist responsible directly to ATS. They mentioned it and everything.

They are trying to turn the nation against us. Just like with UFO's they are making people ashamed for believing anything that quesions authority.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
They will try to attack us to cover up the massive amounts of truths we find here from day to day. What they will do is make us look silly on national TV or whatever and not debate the evidence we have put forward but rather call us paranoid, schizophrenic, mentally ill, anarchists.

Much like Geraldo called the 9/11 truth movement on national TV or how anyone that doesn't agree with Sean Hannity or Bill O'reilly is called crazy and is promptly removed from the FOX News segments.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
But in reality I don't think they are going to start showing up on the board and try to debunk.. They probably feel as though some of the information spreading here is becoming too dangerous so they will touch on some of the topics discussed here and address us all as crazy people on the national news.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

They are already censoring the net it just isnt so wide spread as for everyone to see it. Alot of the scientific study sites are just gone and none of the articles relating to them can be found they are returning as the usual did you type the name right bs. I have spent years using these types of sites to track down medical studies and ancient studies reports. Now they are all gone and most of them are really mundane I would think. Guess not now that they are gone.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yoda411
The link between the comments made by ABC and Internet Censorship are fictional.

While it is an easy target to say that they intend to censor the internet to prevent mental illness, the article also makes the point that online community discussion surrounding conspiracy theories is also considered healthy therapy for the delusional. This is because there is someone on the other side to tell them, "You're not crazy".

The main reason I am the only supporter on the concept is that:
Delusions are a common occurrence on ATS. Paranoia even more common. Can they be considered a mental health issue? That is for the professionals to determine depending on an individuals severity. They are however extremely common.

Do we have an example to back up those claims?

I think when Lauren Cox included David Icke's theory of Reptilians ruling the world, she did so to show the possibility of a delusional reality. No matter how healthy your mind is, we are all victim to trickery and lies. Depending on how deeply you believe in the trickery, and how you apply it to your future life is what determines whether or not you are delusional.

Is the possible to develop delusions from conspiracy websites?

I don't see any argument against it. I do however see an increasingly large number of people who believe less than credible stories from less than credible sources. They may believe the source is credible, but without factual evidence a domain name means nothing.

I quoted all of this, just so people would get a chance to re-read it, and think about this. There is definately some delusional thought going on at ATS. I have fist hand experienced it and been told, you're not crazy!! I am biochemically imbalanced. I've got the condition Dx'd and am slowly on my way to recovery. In the process I'm eliminating delusions one by one. I see the same delusions pop up frequently on ATS.

Thanks for being the voice of sanity and reason Yoda411. Look forward to more of your posts. Star for you plus you just made my friends list.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by unityemissions]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Yoda411

Every thing that you stated can be directly attributed to just about any MSM outlet there is , not just sites such as ATS . The fact of the matter is that there is a campaign to censor the internet as we know it and stories or passing comments such as what was made by ABC (you can bet more such comments will be coming in the near future) will only go to fuel public opinion when the hammer comes down .

I may not agree with what everyone here on ATS says but I will die to defend there right to say it , God bless them . Its none of my dam business what a person choses to believe , write , or think and only a fool would ever try to say that a person suffers from an illness because they chose not to believe or like what another person choses to believe or say .

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by Yoda411

Every thing that you stated can be directly attributed to just about any MSM outlet there is , not just sites such as ATS.

So then let me state something else.

The MSM does fact-checking.

You can quote me on that one.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Yoda411

So you must be referring to the time that Al Gore was said to have won Florida during his election campaign agents Bush , then they had to retract it ?

Or the time it was reported Bhutto 'died after hitting head on car roof ? Then they had to retract that as well ?

I am sorry but your statement is not true at all , I wish it was .

I could go on and if requested I will search out more stories but I hope I have proven the for mentioned statement to be false

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Max_TO]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
On the other hand I wouldn't take too lightly the premise David Icke talks about with the three word concept of..........

Problem
Reaction
Solution

Those three words have had impact on much public policy.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by interestedalways]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join