It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The internet or Sex?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

The internet or Sex?

news.yahoo.com

Just how reliant are you on the Internet?

Nearly half of the women questioned by Harris Interactive said they'd be willing to forgo sex for two weeks, rather than give up their Internet access, according to a study released Monday by Intel, which commissioned the survey.

While 46 percent of the women surveyed were willing to engage in abstinence verses losing their Internet, only 30 percent of the men surveyed were willing to do likewise.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.cnet.com

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Ok here is something fun and interesting. It seems that a preoccupation with digital interfacing is outweighing the need for "alternative" activities!

Perhaps now is the time for the "Cyber-Sex Suit" that allows the user to enjoy both activities without having to choose!

Any comments on this?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Is that sex with someone else and does self gratification count?

Perhaps the guys are using the internet more than the ladies for a bit of "racy" website viewing, leading to the inevitable....errrrrr........ummmmmmm... well, you know what I am driving at here.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I knew there had to be some reason I have been on a cold streak as of late. Sad to know that they prefer the mouse over the joystick.

Being a guy, I pick sex over internet 24/7. Nothing like the real thing to get you going.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If the average usage of the Internet is 35 minutes per person per week and married people have sex an average of 1.8 times per week( for an average of 20 minutes) then it seems that we are as a whole, NOT as screwed as we think we are!

[edit on 16-12-2008 by redbarron626]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If its sex with a prostitute then I'll take the sex...if its with a non-prostitute then I'll take the internet.
Why??The prostitute leaves when your done.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I choose internet. Even as a guy, I think sex is over rated. Im not nearly as 'horny' as most guys.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Sex on the internet????

Where???

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The internet or Sex? Why of course, I choose the internet! I could learn more from the internet than from 'sex', which is really meant for making cute little versions of myself and the significant other and watching them grow up before I die. Damn.

Plus, the internet doesn't hurt me, talk back to me, annoy me or smell.

[edit on 2008-12-16 by pikypiky]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
No way in heck I'll give up either one.
I'm demanding.
Give me both ..at the same time.
Ya'll have your fun figuring that out.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
I choose internet. Even as a guy, I think sex is over rated. Im not nearly as 'horny' as most guys.

What? You're not a guy at all

The only people that think se is over rated are the ones that arent getting any at all

Just kidding

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I noticed the choice between the big screen TV or no sex for a time. Give me the TV. I can get caught up on the bedroom calisthenics at a later time. (chuckle)

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Sex without a doubt. However, if sex were 'like' the internet, it would be MUCH better, as at least the internet is always there when I need it.

Marriage intamacy at 1.8 times per week? That's it, I am NOT getting married. What is the benifit in that? Not without a contract stipulation. Mandatory like a bed time story. Geez that is a health and well being issue.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Why not do both...
Many people do....

Wikipedia..Cybersex..

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I would pick sex over the internet anyday

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
For shame, for SHAME!

What this tells us is that there entire....shoals of women out there who are not getting the loving they need. There are a heckuva lot of men and/or lesbians that act incompetently as lovers, or this statistic wouldn't read this way.

For you see, sex is a form of communication. And the fact that a woman chooses the internet communication over sexual communication tells you that she either has no one else articulate to talk to, or no one has taught her to express herself sensually.

I think it was Justice Souter who said that if all political acts are free speech, then surely burning a flag qualifies as an inarticulate grunt. All I can say to that is, there's a helluva lot of men out there doing some inarticulate grunting.

They think they are pleasing the ladies. The fools, the incompetent rubes! Illiterate peasants eeking out a squatter's existence in the kingdom of nookie, they have no clue as to how they inadvertantly repress the women they happlessly "love," by rolling over and going to sleep.

And this, from the land that gave us Elvis the Pelvis, Deep Throat and Girls! Girls! Girls! For Shame, America! Fallen, fallen is Babylon the Great!

If sex is communication, then a lot of American men are like politicians, mouthing empty platitudes, to win one more election--the chance to climb in bed with a member of the desired and/or opposite sex! But like politicians their communication never rises above a Baboon's, full of sound and fury, but signifying nothing.

For shame.

new topics

top topics

join