It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no polls on ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I sometimes read a thread on here and think" I'd like to see a poll on this to get a better reflection on peoples views" I just wondered if there was a good reason for not having polls,as i think they can add a little more to the discussion.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I vaguely recall seeing a discussion of this several months ago. I can't seem to locate anything through the search function
. I do agree, though--it would be nice to have the option of viewing, participating in and creating polls.

Edit to add: found this thread, which might be of use to you. In it, a mod states that the suggestion for polls was brought to the ATS administration but "the answer was no." www.abovetopsecret.com...

This has apparently been a recurring topic of discussion. A lot of ATS users wish to see polls incorporated into the website.

[edit on 15/12/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
thought this might have been an anual repost
*lack of embarresed smiley*

Let the people decide.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I've seen a few outside polls done, so if a member really wants to do this with approved questions, than I don't see a problem unless the site they're using can't handle it.

Many advertisers use this, and advertisers want business, so have them deal with the polls and surveys. Personally I hate spam survey sites, but we have to get used to advertisers anyway. I just ignore it except for when I get bumped off the site from pop-ups. It's not like these would be done every day and they could be limited to once a month.

A poll/survey here could also just be done through the adminstrators through flags and stars as they apparently have been doing. Maybe through ATS mix?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I seem to remember that ATS if fact did sponsor a poll just prior to the US election. The result was that Obama would win. Everybody got all upset about that result, but it was prophetic, wasn't it?

Polls would be OK from time to time, not just for entertainment value but also to get a snapshot of where the "people" are at. The fact that ATS has a global reach makes it even more interesting.
I am sure that it would be a lot of work to set up and manage, so wouldn't be something they would want to take on too often.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I sometimes read a thread on here and think" I'd like to see a poll on this to get a better reflection on peoples views" I just wondered if there was a good reason for not having polls,as i think they can add a little more to the discussion.

I bet there are quite a few Polish here in ATS,they are just discreet.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

b'dum tish

I bet they're all builders,aswell

top topics

join