It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Bible really 100% accurate??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Many people around the world hate or love the Bible. They either say its the word of God or it is the word of man. I say check it for yourself:

The Bibles 100% Accuracy

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I find this hilarious that you move the discussion to a new thread, as your last one was pretty much owned by the Evolution crowd.

Is the Bible 100% accurate?

Good question. Let's take a moment to think it over.

When the Bible was written there was no such thing as "fact" or "fiction" in which this story could have been documented under, so it is left up to us to decide.

If it were meant to be fact, then science has completely dis-proven the possibilities that happen in the Bible. In fact, common sense disproves some of the 'miracles' that happen in the Bible. So the question is, why don't these "miracles" happy today? It's only 2000 years later which is really just a small step in the history of the universe.

That's not where I find the disbelief however. There are so many people who contributed to the Bible (not one page of it written by Jesus), that at least ONE of them had to be a bad seed.

We see today that man is greedy. When the opportunity arises to post their name and contribute seemingly ridiculous stories to a very popular religious book, "The Bible" they will of course contribute. You cannot put in there what you ate for dinner, so they had to make it interesting by making up fiction.

Let's take it one step further and assume that they were all honest men.

When the Bible was translated out of Hebrew and into modern day English they literally EDITED it for content. In other words, anything that they didn't want to be in the Bible under your bed didn't make it. Vice verse anything they wanted IN the Bible made it under your bed and they now have you believing History as they see fit.

This is why the Bible is not 100% accurate.

If you need further proof there is no scientific evidence other than small regional flooding to prove the flood of Noah. Let alone the lack of scientific evidence for splitting a body of water down the middle magically so they can cross.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
bible accuracy = oxymoron

one line posts are bad

fillers are worse

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The Bible has teachings, traditions, and prophecies that originated from other sources before the 'Hebrews'.....stories have been adapted for ones own ownership....its best to study all lands, including the smaller civilizations, such as Mari, Cannon, Babylon, ect....

This doesnt make anything false...just the origins of where it claims to of come from false.

Even the famous prophecy of Isiah has origins before Isiah's time.

Once the OT god claimed the Hebrews were promised a land that was already occupied....its not hard to prophesy what will happen in the future due to this ideal separation of a special land and people.

It is also not hard to prophecies about a man to come and show us a 'better way'. Many have came and taught us better ways...we usually then kill them.

Best Intentions,
LV

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by furiousracer313

gods word is onehundred percent accurate. there have been soe minor changes to the bible itself and some bad translating but Gods word did not change with it.

i personally believe only the TORAH is scripture, everything else is wisdo, history books, and commentery, and prophecy.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Yoda411

I believe Genesis describes evolution. Example?

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

Notice the Bible says God "said". God is speaking here, not creating folks.

Notice in the very next verse it says the Earth brings forth the very thing God spoke. In this case it's grass. Let's look at the verse together now.

Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

"and the earth brought forth grass"...

See what I mean? It goes on like that. It's right there in print, and I challenge you all to see it for what it says. Don't listen to peoples religious dogma but instead let the Bible speak for itself."

I believe Noah's flood was local to the area to wipe out the race of Giants that were polluted the bloodline of humans. But I won't derail the thread and go into that whole deal it's long and complex.

This entire website is a result of the ongoing war between the creator of the universe and the rebel Angelic beings. Science and the Bible agree it's the bone head uninformed Christians and I can call them that because I'm a follower of Christ. Notice I didn't say I'm a Christian...Why you ask? The obvious , I don't want to be thrown in the same pile as modern day "bless me club" types.
I understand the science. I know how this all looks even. Somewhat fairy tale-ish even lol!!
But no matter what you may think if you had no bias against the Gospel in the first place you may see the truth in it. Forget what you "think" the bible is about. Do you really "know" what it's about? Do you understand that the entire thing is a message from outside time as we know it describing a Genetic war, and a Loving God that Manifests himself as one of us.He personally tells us of the Kingdom and or Kingdoms that were hidden from our eyes. Much of what this sites about...hidden treasures of knowledge,dimensions,life after death, star gates etc... Jesus spoke of such things and more. Jesus spoke about being from another "kosmos" perhaps with our modern understanding he was referring to "dimensions".

Again I call to your attention that this website is proof of the ongoing battle for instance, UFO 's and the likes all to sneaky and scary to actually be good guys, get real. Most of us agree that "something" is going on. I would say the Bible is accurate about "what" or "who" appears like an "Angel of light".

The book of Revelations comes right out and tells us that the rich men of the earth conspire with Sorcery or Pharmacy(drug company)to rule the world through owning the land, all the food and corporations.(and again much of what this websites about)

So lets see.
UFO's appearing as angels of light just as the Bible foretold. Mainly teaching that Man is God. And usually throwing in something to descredit Jesus as the Son of God. Convenient..:/
Creator? Oh how silly of us ? :/(sarcasm yes)

Rich men who own the drug company's and corporations not to mention the military industrial complex.

NWO right around the corner already bringing about excuses to seize land from the people in the name of preservation and green peace. Even trying to tax air for goodness sakes.

So if you ask me the bible is really very , very accurate. It is your lack of knowledge that has brought you to any conclusion about the bible not being accurate.

It is most of you who have not been exposed to the truth of the bible. Instead you have been exposed to hypocrisy. Those people should have told you that it's not about being so perfect as it is about trusting in the perfect One.

Sigh. Where to begin sometimes.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
How can a work of fiction be accurate?

top topics

join