It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did any footage from inside the Twin Towers survive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
First off, since this forum can get derailed easily I want to say this isn't a thread to debate if 9-11 was or wasn't a conspiracy.

I just have a simple couple of questions.

1. Did any footage from inside the Twin Towers survive? I don't know how many people here have been inside the Towers but the way I remember it there was tons of stores inside(memory is alittle hazy), similar to a mall at an airport. Certainly Some or all these business must have had security cameras?

2. What kind of cctv system was installed in the towers? What medium was used to record footage?

3. What were the locations and amount of cameras?

4. Did the Path Station have a cctv system. I assume it must have had one.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Good question! I myself worked in one of the restaurants on level one, back in 1986 and I recall seen cameras back then in the lobby. I would expect everything was blown to bits including all the cameras equipment and recording devices you have to remember everything including the concrete was pulverized to a fine dust.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Most businesses by policy are required to back up their data off site in a totally different location miles away incase of any type of situation that could cause data loss, such as power failure, damage, fire, theft, or even a terrorist attack. I can confirm the FBI definitely had copies of the audio from repeaters inside those towers right up to the point of collapse, they were able to listen in on the audio captures from all the different floors and build up a story of what was taking place. CCTV, I am unsure but most probably they do have copies of this as well.

There is one public domain video captured by firefighters inside the towers by the Naudet brothers, albeit only part of the lobby. That's about all you will get though. I don't have much doubt there is thousands of hours worth of footage being withheld from the public, most of it is probably withheld to protect the privacy of certain individuals or victims, also the graphical content restriction and threats to national security intelligence etc.

We live in a censored world, and it's nothing new, no different from how they televise a war or controversial foreign affairs with a biased opinion and a seemingly bogus watered down plot line. 9/11 is a highly censored event.

Google Video Link

[edit on 14-12-2008 by Insolubrious]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Insolubrious
Most businesses by policy are required to back up their data off site in a totally different location miles away incase of any type of situation that could cause data loss, such as power failure, damage, fire, theft, or even a terrorist attack. I can confirm the FBI definitely had copies of the audio from repeaters inside those towers right up to the point of collapse, they were able to listen in on the audio captures from all the different floors and build up a story of what was taking place. CCTV, I am unsure but most probably they do have copies of this as well.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by Insolubrious]

Thanks for the info,

I would think a building like the WTC, keeping copies off site especially after 93 would have been required. I think its interesting that this topic isn't discussed more.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
There would deffo be some sort of surveilance still working! Like the above posts say.

The surveilance is usually stored in a different database as well as the database in the location.

We will not be seeing it! But the government will deffinately have something!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
EDIT:
Posted Double for some reason on one click

[edit on 15-12-2008 by Poet Of Deception]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Insolubrious

Thanks for posting the link to the Naudet Bros footage - it's an untainted perspective on what it was actually like on the ground that day and in the days afterward (the human side of it all). It's never been aired 'down under' that I know of.

Back then (2001) virtually all security CCTV setups would have been using VHS tapes and they'd be unlikely to survive such an event. Even modern day digital recording would usually be scheduled via a batch process to backup data off-site at a quiet time like the middle of the night so, whatever the system, surviving copies are highly unlikely if the entire onsite system is destroyed within hours of the initiating event.

new topics

top topics

join