It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

View Dreams on your PC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

View Dreams on your PC

www.telegraph.co.uk

Scientists develop software that can map dreams
By Danielle Demetriou in Tokyo
Last Updated: 3:17PM GMT 11 Dec 2008
The secret world of dreams has been unlocked with the invention of technology capable of illustrating images taken directly from human brains during sleep.
It may be possible to record and replay subjective images that people perceive like dreams
A team of Japanese scientists have created a device that enables the processing and imaging of thoughts and dreams as experienced in the brain to appear on a computer screen.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I WANT THIS FOR CHRISTMAS!
Can you imagine seeing what you are imagining!
I wonder if it works with day dreaming.
Or view what your boyfriend/girlfriend/mate is dreaming….oooooh
I see a u-tube bonanza
Of course it could also be used for the good of man
We lie down, close our eyes and think of various things that have happened recently, or about to take place in our future. It could relate to work, family, or something we just saw on television. These thoughts swirl and jump around at an alarming rate. If they are serious or disturbing, they might keep us awake for minutes or hours. But, at some point, they begin to weaken or fade. We are not conscience of the exact moment that the action of sleep kicks in. However, it has been shown to take place over a short period of time. Once the mind has calmed down and slows the activity, sleep it not far off. Yet we are unaware of the precise second the wakefulness transitions to the state of sleep. Once it does take over, dreams are sure to follow. They may begin in any amount of time. But what is the purpose of dreams and do all thinking creatures dream?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Boo the link is not working

Are they going to be up for sale any time soon ?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Just remove the %20 from the beginning of the link that was posted.

OP.. you should fix the link!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Boo the link is not working

Are they going to be up for sale any time soon ?

This is link:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
wow great

Now it's just a matter of time before laws become reality for thought crimes

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Bejing

Same topic here OP www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm surprised they haven't closed this thread the second it opened LOL

Majorion

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is so awesome!! It reminds me of a (surprise what a coincidence) Japanese anime called Paprika. It is about a special dream machine invented at a Japanese lab or college that translates a person’s dreams into images or lifelike movies. On top of that I think it also lets you enter the dream and relive it as real life. It is amazing that this is going from fiction to reality though! I would love to see my dreams as films. It would be so entertaining and also potentially life changing: by acting as a support for evolving or self improvement. Thanks for the thread!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
I'm surprised they haven't closed this thread the second it opened LOL

We have a policy that allows two threads on the same topic, but only if one of the threads is in the Breaking Alternative News forum.

On Topic: Interesting technology which opens up realistic concerns for human rights violations, 'mind control(influence) and other issues.

Interesting times we live in...

top topics

join