It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gariac what is the strangest thing you have seen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I know you are one of the true troopers in regards to A51 recon and other secretive miliatry hotspots. I was wondering in all your adventures if you have ever actually seen anything you would consider highly unusual or even non-military in origin. From most of your posts I take it you are a skeptic in regards to ET, but I can also only assume you must have seen some pretty amazing things and have a few stories.
Please share if you like

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

I've seen nothing that can't be explained. I've seen one test at Groom Lake from Tikaboo. The plane flew very low and not very fast. All you could see from Tikaboo is the solid white light. Nothing very extraordinary about how it flew.

The coolest thing I ever saw was the AC130 shooting up targets on range 61. It uses an IR tracer, but there is enough visible light to see the tracers. It looked much like a light beam coming out of the plane.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I should mention that much of the directed energy research was done at Edwards. If you were there at the right time, you would have seen long distance lasers poking holes in sheet metal. This stuff was done south of "south base." There are old environmental impact reports about the experiments, plus newer reports to reuse some of the same areas for the airborne laser plane.

The laser plane prototype pokes out of a hangar you can see on google earth at
N34.89998 W117.875743 . The round tank to the right is a vacuum chamber. Some laser tests were done at low atmospheric pressure. I would need to dig up the coordinates of the targets themselves, but they are to the south.

My point is you could see spook stuff done in the open, but there is an issue of timing. Take Tikaboo as an example. It is probably only occupied 60 days a year, so there is a 20% chance anyone is around to see something done at Groom. I don't know the testing schedule of the directed energy tests at Edwards, but heard descriptions by someone who was on base at the time.

Basecamp, though certainly not using exotic technology, is probably the best place to see anything you shouldn't see. Your access is very close, so close that security will ask you to leave, not that you have to listen to them.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I've seen some unusual laser tests around the Dugway area where a beam was shot directly into the sky. Almost looks like heat lightening except the beam went from the ground up rather than the other way. I know what your saying regarding timing, almost need to campout day and night to see something special. Thanks for sharing those stories... the AC130 would have definatly made that damn hike up Tikaboo worth it!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

It is interesting that UFO researcher and author Major Kevin Randle has talked to several high ranking generals who have stated there are no flying saucers or anything extraterrestrial at Area 51. It is just a test area that is also near a bombing range. I do believe the military does have some extraterrestrial crash material, but they do keep it at other undisclosed areas.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Dugway Michaels Airfield... Hills AFB... underneath salt lake, and various locations across peurto rico...

wright patterson? Naval base northern nevada, possibly sandina, mountain range to the south east of Moab UT. Various locations thoughout Arizona. Somewhere in the four corners area in western colorado... so so many hotspots other than A51 for the ET stuff IMO.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by hiii_98]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Assuming we had alien spacecraft, the only reason to keep them at Groom would be to fly them. Otherwise, any lab will do for analysis.

I've read the ramblings about taking the Roswell spacecraft apart lead to the transistor blah blah blah. I you look into it, like most inventions, there was a battle to get to the patent office first. [Transistor, telephone, whatever..] Assuming the government had alien technology, they wouldn't spread the technology to different labs. Now granted, Bell Labs did get the transistor patent, but that was most likely because they had all the brains and money to get the job done. Then again, Bell was heavily linked to government research.

The other issue is even if you have the advanced technology in your hand, that doesn't mean you can understand how it works. Going back to the transistor, you need to understand solid state physics, otherwise the transistor was just a "black box." If you had no knowledge of the atom, even a vacuum tube would be hard to understand.

Now granted, there is a difference between using a fully functional device that is from advance technology and knowing how it works. That was Bob Lazar's story, i.e. he was there to figure out how the saucers worked. Lazar claimed the saucers could be flown, which would be a reason to keep them at Groom. If you could swallow that story, you still have to wonder why they would keep alien bodies at Groom (another one of his claims).

BTW, lighting does start from the ground up. [I'm not scared of much in the desert except for lightning.] I've seen 3 strikes right to the ground. You can see a yellow plasma as the salt in the earth is being ionized by the electricity. Tikaboo gets some nasty hits, though I haven't found any evidence of the strikes.

Besides Dugway (which is a good place to stash your bits and pieces of aliend), there is Fort Dietrich in Maryland and that lab on Long Island. While your average desert rat might make a raid on Groom, nobody in their right mind will mess with biohazards.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariacBasecamp, though certainly not using exotic technology, is probably the best place to see anything you shouldn't see. Your access is very close, so close that security will ask you to leave, not that you have to listen to them.

I was at Basecamp in September. This fenced, empty little "town" of double-wides really gave me the creeps for some reason:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Well, the CIA does training there, so it should be creepy.That isn't exclusively the function of the base. There is a theory that military that are working at Groom Lake will meet with their families at Basecamp. That is why the child play things are there. It would be an alternative to meeting in Vegas.

I've also talked to the locals, though not recently. About a year or so ago, they had a change of base commander, and the new commander held an open house for the locals. Locals is a relative term since some people from Rachel attended, though some Rachel residents were not on the list. ;-)

Talk about a careet limiting assignment. A secret base to command, but not a really really secret base. It's not like you get to run Groom Lake or even the TTR. Rather, you run this podunk air strip with a public road down the middle of your base, and all sorts of looky-loos driving through it. Then you probably get yelled at every time a photo of the place shows up on the net.

I can't pull them off the top of my head, but there are two similar facilities like basecamp in the west. One is in the Sierras and it used by the Marine for high altitude training. The other is in Nevada and was used for training for the ill-fated attempt to rescue the hostages held by Iran when Carter was in office.

I'm assuming you saw my ATC post about Pinal Airpark with C-130 and CASA type jumper training.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join