It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caste clashes rocks at Ambedkar Law College:Students Fight in Chennai

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This may be an old video, I am unsure that is why I did not post this in breaking news forum.This shows the brutality of what religion can bring forth.."My GOD is better than your GOD" thing. It is disgusting and inexcusable for people to behave and act this way regardless of your beliefs. The udder and animalistic behavior by these people and others around the world for WHAT! an imaginary being(Person) that may or may not exist is sickening to me. Why would this video alone has made me seriously question if we are actually de-evolving as a society. I starting to think that faith is leading to violence not stopping it. Something is wrong with religion if this is all it seems to bring. Every time I seem to see or here a story involving religion it has violence attached to it.

WARNING!! this is extremely violent and graphic!

www.liveleak.com...

[edit on 12/5/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
If anyone has any info on this video it would be appreciated as I am not sure as to the date of this. Not sure if it is recent or new. If new could it be Hindus taking out their view that the recent terrorist attacks are the Muslim and Christians fault or is it simply religious based.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
First of all ...what happened that started this mob mentality >?
And second of all ...this is what PEOPLE (HUMANS)do when all riled up (religious or not)..It happens at political rallies (Even in our country),it happens at stadiums where concerts are held ..it happens at malls or walmarts when sales are for only one day ...etc etc .....

This is HUMAN NATURE ..you know the human natures that you say needs no GOD no salvation and no RULES ....................

And furthermore ....this is just some of what serving many gods (INTERFAITHISM)will lead to ..(Which this is what satan and man and the AC is working on right now ) .................

A little about Indias religion
Hinduism

The underlying tenets of Hinduism cannot be easily defined. There is no unique philosophy that forms the basis of the faith of the majority of India's population. Hinduism is perhaps the only religious tradition that is so diversified in its theoretical premises and practical expressions as to be called a "museum of religions". This religion cannot be traced to a specific founder nor does it have a "holy book" as a basic scriptural guide. The Rig Veda, Upanishads and the Bhagwad Gita can all be described as the sacred text of the Hindus.

Unlike most other religions, Hinduism does not advocate the worship of one particular deity. One may worship Shiva or Vishnu or Rama or Krishna or some other gods and goddesses or one may believe in the 'Supreme Spirit' or the 'Indestructible Soul' within each individual and still be called a good Hindu. This gives an indication of the kind of contrasts this religion is marked by. At one end of the scale, it is an exploration of the 'Ultimate Reality'; at the other end there are cults that worship spirits, trees and animals.

There are festivals and ceremonies associated not only with gods and goddesses but also with the sun, moon, planets, rivers, oceans, trees and animals. Some of the popular Hindu festivals are Deepawali, Holi, Dussehra, Ganesh Chaturthi, Pongal, Janamasthmi and Shiva Ratri. These innumerable festive occasions lend Hinduism its amazing popular appeal and make the Indian tradition rich and colorful.
www.asianinfo.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think this is a little beyond simple mob mentality. There is a deep seeded hatred going on it seems for the blood thirst that appears in this video. many of the people are repeatedly hitting an already immobilized or dead bodies. I agree that human nature in many respects is violent but that is not necessarily true with all human beings. I do believe religion to be a catalyst for many of the extream violent acts the world has seen all supposedly in the name of GOD.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is a caste battle in Sri Lanka.

I would appreciate you changing the heading, as no Christians or Muslims are being attacked here.

Sorry, tried to embed explanatory news video from Youtube, but I can't get that to work.

[edit on 5/12/08 by Kailassa]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone

And furthermore ....this is just some of what serving many gods (INTERFAITHISM)will lead to ..(Which this is what satan and man and the AC is working on right now ) .................

Ah yes, we all know how much better Christians are.

How many people have we killed in Iraq?

How many genocides did the God of the OT order, in order to wipe out other belief systems?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
This is HUMAN NATURE ..you know the human natures that you say needs no GOD no salvation and no RULES ....................

I don't believe anyone in their right mind thinks this world should have no rules. Just don't lie to people and say "God made this book of rules." because people get a little upset when you lie to them.

As far as the OP, I couldn't make out that language on the video, how do you even know what made those people so upset?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Some Indians like hitting people they dont like with sticks...

Did anyone see the mob who beat up that convicted paedophile; or the mob that beat up the one terrorist who survived the mumbai attacks? Both were battered with sticks before the police decided to intervene.

Unfortunately sometimes the mob gets it totally wrong. Their behaviour then descends into idiocy, backwardness and animalistic.

Such inter-religious attacks are getting slightly more common now for some reason. I think the SS (Shiv Sena) and its allied organisations are to blame... these retards agitate uneducated, lower class people to go and attack those with different religious views, different castes and even different places of origin within India.

They are like the Indian equivalent of the KKK or Combat 18 (UK neo-nazi group)... pathetic scum, all of them.

The Orissa riots, or the Gujarat riots (Hindu mobs taking out Christians/ Muslims) were as unacceptable as any racist attack. The police intervene most of the time... it seems this time the Tamil police chose not to for some reason.

(Btw Kailassa Chennai is the capital of Tamil Nadu- which is a southern state in India, but where most ethnic Tamil refugees from Sri Lanka live).

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
This is a caste battle in Sri Lanka.

I would appreciate you changing the heading, as no Christians or Muslims are being attacked here.

Sorry, tried to embed explanatory news video from Youtube, but I can't get that to work.

[edit on 5/12/08 by Kailassa]

You are right and thanks for finding more info on this. It is indeed a caste conflict at a law college of all places.It is still sickening to watch the udder senseless violence that this world seems to be perpetuating each and every day.I still stand by what I sated about religion in my posts however.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
(Btw Kailassa Chennai is the capital of Tamil Nadu- which is a southern state in India, but where most ethnic Tamil refugees from Sri Lanka live).

Thanks Soulslayer. I try to keep learning, and your correction helps.

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
You are right and thanks for finding more info on this. It is indeed a caste conflict at a law college of all places.It is still sickening to watch the utter senseless violence that this world seems to be perpetuating each and every day.I still stand by what I stated about religion in my posts however.

It seems to me that most fighting is stirred up by people behind the scenes, manipulating society to their own ends while keeping their own hands clean.

Religion is one tool they can manipulate with, but if they didn't have that they'd find others. There's always greed, envy, fear, hatred, colour, race and position on the political spectrum to use as well.

The worst aspects of religion are the examples in it of God demanding other peoples are killed, setting an example of killing being a virtue, and religion stopping people learning to think, by providing "God did it," as the answer to every difficult question.

Stop people thinking for themselves, and stop them understanding killing is wrong, and they are easy to manipulate into fighting the puppet-master's wars.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
I think this is a little beyond simple mob mentality. There is a deep seeded hatred going on it seems for the blood thirst that appears in this video. many of the people are repeatedly hitting an already immobilized or dead bodies. I agree that human nature in many respects is violent but that is not necessarily true with all human beings. I do believe religion to be a catalyst for many of the extream violent acts the world has seen all supposedly in the name of GOD.

No not everyone is violent ...but certainly when even ONE person starts getting all riled up many follow ...and most would jump right in because hey they get to take out all their aggression they have been holding in etc ....(to most it is a good excuse for chaos is what I am saying here) .......I mean hey everybody else is doing it (thats what alot of people say now about alot of things)

And again this is NOT IN THE NAME OF GOD ..They have MANY supposed gods who are NO GODS AT ALL ..they worship statues and fat men (Buddahs) who are DEAD and as you have read in my post above .. this religion has no real SET STANDARDS or any SET BOOK of rules laws regulations etc ..
So they are just sort of making up stuff up as they go along using whatever latest god or philosopher that died last etc (or image etc) that comes along ..........do what thou will as long as it is beneficial to yourself .. ? (thats what it really boils down to ) ......) ...

And of course this just proves that whatever tolerance they (any peoples) think they did have they really are showing that although preaching tolerance etc does not actually mean they really mean it and are willing to actually WALK THE WALK not just talk the talk ...........

(and yes I will admit that Organized Christianity can certainly be just as bad as they are being in this video ) ....

(To the poster who posted about Iraq)
Nobody gets as mad as I do when I think about Bush and Iraq .....and the Christian right who backed what he did ..(it sickens me) ......I also get very very upset when I see supposed Christians standing at the fences of prisons clapping and praising God when someone is inside being executed (whether they deserved the death sentence or not ) ....it is DESPICABLE behaviour in my opinion ....
Heck I even get mad at my Christian friends who believe they should shoot to kill even in a self defense situation ............VIOLENCE LEADS TO MORE VIOLENCE ..REVENGE LEADS TO MORE REVENGE >....KILLING LEADS TO MORE KILLING ...and on and on it goes ...

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
# RELIGION! # EVERYONE WHO IS RELIGIOUS! RELIGIONS ARE JUST A BUNCH OF BULL# THAT SOMEBODY IN THE PAST MADE UP! THESE PEOPLE ARE #ED RIGHT UP IN THE HEAD AND THEY ALL DESERVE TO DIE A SLOW TORTUROUS PAINFUL DEATH! # PEOPLE ARE SO #ING INCONSIDERATE AND STUPID!

top topics

join