It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is UFO hunters a joke?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
When I first heard of the show I thought, "this is either gonna be very good
or very bad". I certainly did not get my hopes up to high, and I'm glad I
didn't. I think the idea of examining any evidence there is a great one.
But they seem to always find or skew information in their favor. Even
an inconclusive outcome is a win for them.
I watched 2 or 3 episodes and gave up on it.
The real UFO hunters are NASA, and they won't have their own show
anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Only a joke to people that believe they need to come across hard evidence, or by people that believe we are alone.

As I said, over, and over again. Want evidence?

1.)Infiltrate the system. Gain their trust to receive the highest secret clearance.

2.)Do it the hard way. Form massive groups against govt. Go hard like the Raiders in Fallout 3 or like the Red Faction.

The only problem with that is, people (Fear). They fear (Consequence). Learn not to fear. An army, even when not well equipped, that can fight without fear, is an army to be reckoned with.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Like any show some are good, a few are great, and some just blow.

Personally a show that deals with the UFO phenomenon, not matter how lame an episode can be, is doable.

Remember they all aren't bad.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
ufo hunters is a great show... this thread is a joke. there is some bad episodes but so what...theres also alot of awesome ufo footage, they talk about the ohare airport incident and a lot of others that i hadnt heard of until then.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david
It would be a better show if:

1.) The UFO Magazine guy could stop wearing the same hat to plug the magazine in every single episode. I find that the most annoying part of the show. I look away anytime he's on-screen.
2.) The UFO Magazine guy needs to stop talking over the people they interview and let them give their story and stop trying to influence them. He's actually cut down on this some this season, but still does it
3.) The UFO Magazine guy needs to stop taking any bit of evidence as real evidence before actually testing it. Another thing he cut down on, but still does
4.) The NASA guy is very biased even though he says he's not. He goes into every story wanting to debunk it. Anytime there's evidence that starts leaning more towards the unknown side, he gets annoyed and starts doing anything he can to debunk it, but he's not biased at all

5.) The NASA guy always likes to point out that he used to work there as if that's all the evidence he needs to prove aliens don't exist.

The guy with the curly hair is the only one who doesn't get on my nerves. He's not out to prove or disprove anything. Just collect any evidence, test it and see where it goes from there.

Very well stated, but I'll add something:

6.) The UFO Magazine guy needs to take off his sunglasses when he's inside.

Perhaps he has eye issues, and know it's a small thing, but it really drives me crazy when he interviews people in a windowless room and doesn't take off his sunglasses (or hat). Perhaps I'm just old fashioned.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

You should watch the one where they rip the "alien implants" out of them and runs them through machines it's a better watch lol...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I miss this show. While it was pretty much a tease 99% of the time and lead to no where at the end and had some flaws, it was always fun going along for the ride and watching the three guys interact with each other.

It was the only UFO show on Television and I was saddened that the History channel discontinued it. They need to land another show like it (Im thinking a version of Ancient Aliens would fit that billing)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I think the biggest problem with UFO Hunters is this:-

Fact or Faked, as poor as it can be, look at a video from an (in theory) open mind perspective. They don't look at it and say "I think that abduction's REAL let's prove it" and they don't say "Definately a hoax, let's prove it". UFO Hunters, and mainly Bill, are so hung up on it being 100% authentic from the very start that the mere thought of it being fake won't even cross his mind until someone proves it to him.

Maury Island is a good example. Now, sure, read other threads and you'll see that it was already proven to be a hoax long before Bill went there... but he'd already convinced himself that everything he saw/read was 100% true. It's this that for me makes the show completely unwatchable.

If they'd just turn round and say "Right, here's the footage, let's see what we can find before we say whether it's true" then it might just possibly have some reason to stay tuned, but the lame show is always followed by a massive anticlimax when you find out that despite all of their searching and 'tests' they never find anything anyway, so the case stays with a huge question mark above its head.

It would have been better if they'd have just said "This is a classic UFO case, we'll show you ways it may have been done, make up your own mind" rather than just getting "IT'S REAL I TELL YA!" shoved down your throat

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Its a great show for believers.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill
Its a great show for believers.

Totally agree with that... star for you

The problem with the show though is that although they have a resident sceptic they all seem to believe everything 100% and trying to debunk the hoaxes instead of the other way around

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by danny7147

My only gripe is that the show was 99% tease. Like most UFO shows, they go and interview a bunch of witnesses et al and then go into the field and find squat lol=(

The interviews and remaking the scenarios end up being the best parts of these shows...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join