It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Movies NOT to watch if you hate AMERICA!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I don't hate America. Actually I love my nation. Sure we're egotistical in such a way to call ourselves "America" when we are really the U.S.A. ""

We're just that big. However if you hate America, then you mostlikely hate christmas. So I'll make up a list of Moives you should not watch if you hate america, because the are some great american christmas movies.

I hope others help make up this list as I would like to watch all these movies haters of america shouldn't watch.

Scrooged (1988)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Why is this in skunk works?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
what do you want to express?

walt disney 100 years of magic

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
Sure we're egotistical in such a way to call ourselves "America" when we are really the U.S.A. ""

Which stands for United States of America. Makes sense doesn't it?

However if you hate America, then you mostlikely hate christmas.

Is this a joke? Are we being punkd?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
No you're not being punked. America, it can be said, created the holiday "Christmas" that it has become and that we celebrate today.

However this thread is done in joking tones.

Also just because U.S.A. means United States of America, doen't detract from the fact that there is a south and north america that includes alot more nations/states then are included in the U.S.A.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
what do you want to express?
Do you want to find a movie you can watch during Christmas Day?
You can choose Everybody Loves Raymond Ithink.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Scrooged (1988)

Hmmm, movies not to watch if you love good cinema sounds like a more appropriate title.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

However if you hate America, then you mostlikely hate christmas.

Why? Are the two synonymous or something? Is this some bizarre claim that Christmas is an American tradition?

I hope others help make up this list as I would like to watch all these movies haters of america shouldn't watch.

Scrooged (1988)

Well, I suppose I agree with this. Perhaps that's the actual point of your whole post and the thread itself. I mean 'A Christmas Carol' was obviously # and not American enough the first time around, right? "The idea is OK- just not sassy enough and the accents were all wrong! And the teeth, we got to lose the teeth! No one wants to see an old man and how are we going to write jokes around him going through ledgers? We better make Scrooge a young hip, TV executive! What's with those dull, dull, dull carols too? Don't those Europeans know how to party? Let's throw in some Buster Poindexter and some Kool Moe Dee and really liven it up!"

Am I on the right lines with this?

top topics

join