It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's Beating Who?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This can be looked at in terms of Beatings. I'm sure many feel they are taking a beating. I know people who had invested their livelyhood in the markets took a beating. I'm sure there will be some angerly rased hands this holiday season looking to put a beatdown on someone because of the stresses of the world turning.

But where does this all stem from?

It really does stem from whom is beating who?

Let's face it. Capitalisim was a great horse in the race, but that race ended and the jocky just kept wipping that horse to run. That horse is now staggering under it's own pretenious weight, and that jocky just doen't know when to quit. The race was won and this is how the race is lost. Because depending upon your perspective that horse is already dead or just about to drop, and yet the capitalists are still beating it. They be kicking that horse, they liked the ride, but they got so fat they exasued the horse.

I never said mankind was smart.

It's clear that we can not go backward as that race was already won, but trying to stick with that old tired horse is the surest way to lose the next race.

People have to work 16 hour days just so they don't lose their house and have food to eat. They come home beat and need to rest up for the next day. That's no life, and that's worst then death.

Meanwhile we have 1% beating off the rest with their fake paper wealth. That's just a masterbationary psychological illusion of accomplishment. It is easier for a camel togo through an eye of a needle then it is for a foolish man rapped in a blanket of worthless paper to get with it.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I find it funny-ish to see so many people thinking this economic collapse was in any way unforseen by the ones perpetrating it and hailing the newest politician as the saviour of mankind while being lured into the final catch22 called controlled economy. This is as much a controlled demolition as any tower with explosions tied to it's supporting beams. This is not the start of a new age but the final push for total dominance, will it succeed? Think so. Is it a bad thing? Yes. But every institution can be used for positive intent even this new global economy to come can be used to help mankind when the moment comes that people realize that the prick in the eye they are feeling for decades now is actually a skullf*ck from some top dog in the banking industry.

It are interesting times for sure and in the coming time there are a lot of opportunities to steer it in the right direction but sitting down and laughing at the failing economy is not the smartest thing to do in a long shot. It is pretty creepy to see a lot of pseudo-spiritual sites jumping up and celebrating this time while not being able to see the smug smiles of the guys 'in the know' while pretending to save this cancerous monster we call economy.

In the end it will be allright of course but i for one would love to NOT go the way that has been pre-laid for us. If someone lays a trap for you and you see them hiding in the bushes it is not the smartest thing in the world to keep walking in without some kind of plan.

Anyway, as said before; interesting times.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by Harman]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I am not a well trained stock broker. Nor am I a genius when it comes to the stock market. But I do have good eyes and ears and stay well informed.

I also have a talent for logical reasoning. When I retired I invested my savings in the market and was very happy with what I was making with interest.

About midway through 2007 I noticed my horse was looking a bit pale. My broker said nothing to worry about at all.

Around January my horse, my dog and I went hunting. I wasn't surprised when the horse started limping and my dog would not hunt.

In March I sold all my stocks and made other arrangements for my future.
Thankfully I made money. Didn't loose even one dollar.

When you have a limping horse and a dog that won't hunt and you are feeding them you are wasting your resources. All you have then is a big pile dog and horse manure.

I want to know why people much smarter that me are now upset because they have lost their retirements.

It seems just plain ignorant to see the fire coming and not get out of the way.

I do not consider myself lucky to have handled my investments in a profitable manner. I have a brain and I use it.

WYA = Watch your ass and your money.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

WYA= Watch Your ASSets?

You're question was why did people smarter then you take a beating on the market?

Answer:

They falsely assumed because their greed was so great that other's greed was equally as great. They took a beating because their greed outweighted yours. I'm not calling you greedy here. However most people, including my great self, have a bias to believe others are more like them then they are able to look past.

new topics

top topics

join