It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The MATRIX Has...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The Matrix has had IT!

How many people are sick and tired of seeing every mumbo-jumbo spiritual and wanna be supernatrual psychological "teacher" over use and beat like a dead horse those popcultured theoritical idologies, such as the matrix movie, that we were suposed to be avoiding?

I will rephrase.

I have seen more people use refrences from the movie "The Matrix" then I care to. I know I'm not alone in this. I've seen wanna-be "spiritual teachers" say out of one side of their mouth how the mass media posions the minds of people while out of the other side of their faces they are speaking in terms of "The Matrix" a mass media pop culture refrence.

Isn't that double faced?

What other dead horses are out there that need to be ground up instead of beat? I know the Matirx isn't the only one.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The reason I think The Matrix is constantly referred back to is because it summarises a few old philosophies in layman's terms. It shouldn't be dismissed because it is mainstream. I do however believe that people referencing the film should not gift it with having invented the philosophies. For those who are unsure...
en.wikipedia.org...
onwardoverland.com...
www.iep.utm.edu...

I agree the media is a terrible thing but every now and then snippets of good knowledge filter through. I've only seen the first one once but I thought it was a good film.

Sorry to go off topic, I know you asked for other dead horses but I can't think of any at the moment.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by and14263]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

yes and actually the writers did draw from old philosophical theories for the writing of the matrix. However I doubt strongly that most of the sudo-guru wanna bees even are aware of that fact.

More this thread is for the venting as in understanding of those old time philoIdeas I have seen others mutilate the theory to suit their crazied motorvariations.

join