It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Separated by Insanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I try to muster enough logic these days to justify how we are all living here on this earth, but I can find absolutely none.

As a species, we have absolutely no respect for the planet we live on, let alone for each other. We live in a BS world inundated by the media, government, schools, religions that are perpetually living in failure and disharmony, but we keep lying to ourselves saying everything is ok.

From birth we are subjected to ways that are completely against what truly makes the majority of people happy and live in harmony with the earth. Is this some kind of sick joke? Or is this insanity by design?

I saw a show on PBS and it showed 400 foot fishing trowels with miles and miles of net sterilizing the ocean floors, they call them fish factories. According to the show they said 90% of the ocean’s fish are gone. WTF! This isn’t fishing, it’s clear cutting or gutting our ocean and it’s insane.

Is it insanity or denial? I think it is a bit of both.

If I was a peaceful entity looking at earth and saw all of the pollution, crime, anger, hate, corrupt, etc.. we generate, I would say why do they do this to their home. Material things, paying off debt, food, loved ones, cars, cutting the lawn, enjoying nature, hiring a plumber, holidays, a new cell phone, taking a walk, judging others. What are our priorities and what really matters?

I think people know, but they are so caught up and conditioned by the society they are born into that their ego’s tell them it’s ok, you’re doing fine, but on the other hand, their higher self screams a deafening cry from the depths of their souls saying something is really F’d up here.

The majority of the people know their way of life is not sustainable, against nature and mother earth. My belief is this is the reason for the great changes going on around us now and massive soul searching going on these days. People are searching for balance and not finding it in the world in which they have created.

We have almost no respect for ourselves; we smoke, drink, eat foods that we know are extremely unhealthy and put our physical bodies in constant danger, even though we know better. Now with this being said how can we have respect for others, the world or anything else?

You see we are like vampires, emotional vampires, looking to anything else but ourselves for security, comfort, caring, love and when something goes wrong we blame everyone and everything else but ourselves.

In order to find harmony and peace we need only to look within ourselves. I truly know that once each of us finds our inner strength, less the ego, we will have a very peaceful society with no need for a government, laws, police, military, corruption and on and on. So how do we proceed? Stop feeding our ego and others egos in control of powerful positions and start finding our own strength within. It's quite possible when we start respecting, loving and caring for ourselves, it will extend to the rest of the world like a bright shining light.

Or do we just forget separated by insanity and continue on our destructive path?

[edit on 26-11-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
.........yeah, pretty much hit the nail on the head.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
When I read your words I could not help but think of the human race as the "great destroyer" of our Earth. For example, people who would not think twice about killing animals for sport. I chose to no longer to eat meat of any kind. In the same breath I believe all animals, and that includes us have the right to pull out all the stops to survive. When a hunter takes prey, and does his best to not make the animal suffer, to me that is part of life's tapestry. However, indiscriminate exploitation of all things of the Earth to me can only end one way. I firmly believe in the "Gaia" principle that the Earth is one gigantic life form.

Screw with that and Gaia will throw up. This is simple self defense on Her part, and applied by Her as instincts, to come into play. The next step illustrates how I think we must change what we do to our planet. More later.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
That's us in a nutshell. We're a whole lot worse than that, mon ami.

Now, as the old world is crashing around us, we have the opportunity to remake this world as we see fit. We don't have to work for people who treat us like an inevitable evil. We can set our own standard and only work for those who treat us with respect, dignity and give us the same loyalty the demand from us. I've just spent the past year trying to recover from psychological trauma caused by a boss who bullied me until I cracked. Never again. Never. Not for a paycheck. *I* call the shots in my life from here on out.

There will be no microchipping. I will just have to go underground if there is no other choice. I'm sure I won't be alone.

We make the choice to be sheep. We choose to be cogs in the machine. We don't have to. We have the power. We have the numbers. What we also have is apathy, selfishness and disdain for the condition of our kind and any other living on the planet. We arrogantly consider ourselves to be intelligent with no evidence of this whatsoever.

It's high time we understood that we have every right to self-determination. We have the right to decide with whom we spend our lives. We have the right to decide when our leaders have betrayed our interests and remove them forthwith. They work for us!

Insanity is no crime. Everything else we are most certainly is though.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I beleive it's "continue in destruction". We have yet to break the strangle hold of the drug culture on the american society. Without reality we have no means of countering the affects of the mind dwindling affects of poisonous drugs.
Again we must ask, why is one of the top govr'mnt officials tied to some manner of immoral, decay?
This is the drug culture system and until we are strong enough to blot out the serpents tongue, screaming peace while burning away our lives with poison, we are doomed.
Their guilt for the state of this world is evident but they continue to bear us toward destruction unconciously living out their centrical belief in the chapters of revelation.
If I had forgone my education as they have suggested, and "zombied-out". I'd probably be in one of those tragect control cycles, treament or jail. All over, they have gone again and looked at their cycle of abuse, and have chosen to continue. This world will be destroyed soon if we are unable to remove the drug culture as controllers.
We cannot believe the minds of drug addicts, the psychosis is to die. Every thought is to destroy, to emulate the pain of the mind dying. These people through away education as a prelude to racism and then got hooked on drugs and believed they were leaders. The over all picture is that now, older, those with $73000-$100000 worth of income can't even afford there own home. That's from scam over the poor, push money meant for the poor into their pockets, cheat at every turn. This is nothing meant to survive or succeed.
You see their plans, they are the same ones which have led them to ruin. Does an 11 trillion dollar debt sound like success or failure? I am black but their are black drug dealers too. There is black on black crime from a humble race of people who coin the the phrase "brother man".
This Obama person has no clue of who exist below that economic level or how to solve that debt problem and is willing to listen to those same people who made that failure. We are doomed not because of his race but because of those who bore him out politically. He is their pawn and until we can gain control of leadership, it best to just be careful where you step with something you say is "s" on.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by rightwingnut]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
We are of this world, by this world, for this world. We didn't drop down from ethics heaven and rape the planet anymore than the fly you shoo off your large thanksgiving meal. The idea we must maintain a static biosphere in which all species not only survive but thrive is a built-in guilt complex that comes with our big brain that takes the trouble also to care about that fly. Do you care about that fly more than your next meal? Some do, some kill it. It's an all you can eat world, and we got here by eating the competition. Except for our own survival, why should we care? There aren't too many bad people; there are too many people. What to do about that?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Very well put together, exactly how i feel.

If i were looking down at planet earth, id think what an amazing beauty, until i looked a little closer and saw all the hatred, killings, wars, destruction etc etc..

Id ask myself what the hell went wrong down there.

top topics

join