It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Flying Objects: The Missing Information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I was lurking through different things on the MUFON website, and I stumbled across this statement from the CEO of the MUFON orgianization of how he would like to request certain files as "Declassified Information" for the "Freedom of Information Act" that would not be considered as a "National threat" if released in hteir entiriety.
As I read some of the cases he had brought to light that he would like to get more information on, I realised as a UFo buff, I too would like to know "Why Not" release these cases?
Here is his list request, and feel free to find any info. you can dig up on these particular cases of interest, for you and the multitudes:

Some of the material I would like to see officially disclosed follows:

On 29 December 1980 Betty Cash, Vickie Landrum and Colby Landrum were injured by a large glowing device hovering over the highway to the northeast of Houston, Texas. Their injuries had all of the characteristics of being caused by radiation exposure. In addition to the hovering device, more than 23 helicopters were at the scene as well. Materials that should be released include: Helicopter unite names and crew member names and addresses, with permission for them to disclose what they saw, where they went with it, and the amount and type of radiation involved. Full and uncensored disclosure of the Army and Air Force Inspector General Reports. Reports and recommendations from the government radiation experts.
Being Researched by Allred5923

Full transcripts and photographs from the UFO encounter on the spaceflight of NASA Gemini GT-10.

Release of the correct photographs taken by General James McDivitt on the flight of NASA Gemini GT-04. According to the General, the photographs released were not the ones he took.

Release of all of the photographs from the three visits to the Skylab space station. The Department of Defense reviewed the photographs and removed ‘sensitive’ shots before NASA was allowed to release them. These should now be released.

A Royal Dutch Air Force pilot flying a F-86 sighted a UFO on January 29, 1962 over eastern Holland. It was tracked by control tower radar. He armed a rocket and closed in only to have the UFO fly away from him. The NATO report, as a minimum, should be released.

On July 10, 1962, a group of S2F Tracker aircraft saw a disc-shaped craft come in over the U.S. Naval Auxiliary Air Station at New Iberia, LA. The craft came in very fast and low, slowed over the runway and hangar, then went out of sight while climbing at a 20 to 30 degree angle. The report, results of the investigation, radar data, photographs and conclusions should be released.

In 1962, former Secretary Dan Kimball and Admiral A.W. Radford were on planes flying between Guam and Hawaii and were circled by two high-speed flying discs. A disc flying around military people of this stature should be the only confirmation required by public, government, science alike to accept that discs do fly and they are not ours. We still have not seen the flight reports. The sighting was confirmed by a U.S. Naval Research, Chief Admiral Calvin Bolster. The full text of the investigation should be released. In addition, other UFO investigations done by Naval Research should be released.

Military aircraft gun cameras have filmed thousands of UFOs, according to pilot reports; however, not one frame of gun camera film has ever been released. At the same time thousands of feet of airplanes being shot down have been released. These films were archived at several locations and should be released. In addition, videotape has now replaced film and these tapes should also be released. Years ago, Major John A. Samford acknowledged that thousands of pilots had tried in vain to intercept UFOs, a fact acknowledged by most pilots today. It was acknowledged that two jet interceptors near Wright Patterson Air Force Base on August 1, 1952 did take gun camera film, a standard operating procedure.

On September 8, 1958, a large rocket-shaped UFO was seen by Strategic Air Command officers, tower operators, and missile personnel at Offutt AFB, Nebraska. Small objects circled and were taken in by the large object. It then climbed out of sight. One witness was Major Paul Duich. Command officer statements, tower records, missile officer reports, OSI records and investigative reports should be released.

The FAA Experimental Center at Atlantic City confirmed tracking a UFO on radar on February 24, 1967. Public Affairs Officer E.L. Shoop gave an official release. The report verified the UFO was near the location where motorist Robert King said he saw the UFO. This is both a ground and an airborne report. How much more is needed? It verifies that the FAA does track UFOs. All reports since then should be released.

On March 14, 1967, a KC-135 flying over Southeast Asia encountered a giant black cylinder suspended in the sky. Col. Robert M. Tirman, a flight surgeon was one of the witnesses. They circled to make sure it was not a weather balloon. The full report of the investigation should be released.

On September 19, 1976, F-4 aircraft flown by Iranian pilots from the Shahrokhi airport intercepted a UFO. A general watched from the control tower. The crew of an Iran Air Boeing 747 airliner heard and watched. F-4 missiles failed to fire. A lot of details of this case are available in the open, but none of the reports sent from the U.S. Embassy in Tehran to the CIA, State Department, DOD, etc. were ever released, nor were the follow-up investigation reports. These should be released.

The investigative report of the May 14, 1978 sightings at Pinecastle Electronic Warfare Range, Ocala, Florida, and witnessed by the base air controller and other personnel should be released.

On April 30, 1964, a B-57 was flying a mission in the vicinity of Stallion Site when the pilot called Holloman AFB and said: “I’m not alone up here.” He then described it as “egg-shaped and white.” On a second pass he said the UFO was on the ground. Base range tracking equipment took data (i.e. speed, azimuth, etc.). Base communications were overheard, verifying the incident. The pilot reports, range tracking data, ground and flight crew reports, etc. should be released. It should be noted that this was only 6 days after police officer Lonnie Zamora reported seeing an egg-shaped object near Socorro, New Mexico.

On May 15, 1964, between 11:30 a.m. and 12:15 p.m., Holloman surveillance and FPS-16 radars tracked two objects north of Stallion Site. Radar operators made a visual confirmation as well. The objects were brown and football shaped. Various flight maneuvers were recorded. Tracking data, film, radar site reports and OSI reports should be released.

On September 1, 1977, Colonel Charles H. Senn, USAF Chief, Community Relations Division, Office of Information sent a letter to Lt. General Duward L. Crow, USAF (Ret.), working at NASA. In the letter Col. Senn said “I sincerely hope you are successful in preventing a reopening of UFO investigations.” The letter was sent in copy form to other offices as well. In the end he was successful in preventing the reopening. In this case, Col. Senn violated his office charter by not being community relations oriented and definitely not aimed at providing information at the title of his office defines as proper. This should be a starting place for an investigation of why this and other P.I. offices did not and are not freely providing UFO information.

On July 11, 1950, crews of two Navy planes flying near Osceola, Arkansas, saw a disc-shaped UFO and their sighting was confirmed by radar. It crossed their flight path only a mile away. Pilot reports, radar data, and Naval Intelligence investigative reports should be released.

[edit on 023030p://0474 by Allred5923]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

On May 14, 1954, a flight of Marine jets led by Major Charles Scarborough, were headed north near Dallas, Texas. They sighted sixteen UFOs in groups of four dead ahead but above them. Another pilot, Captain Jorgensen was flying above, looking down at the UFOs. The official Marine Corps report and the pilot reports should be released.

On August 1, 1952, Major James B. Smith and Lt. Don Hemer, United States Air Force F-86 pilots saw and photographed a round hovering object which was tracked on radar. The pilot report, photographs, and radar data should be released.

On January 22, 1952, three F-94 aircraft were scrambled out of Alaska to intercept a radar target. The UFO maneuvered and sped away to the west. This intercept was in a very secure defense area. Extensive radar and investigative records would exist and should be released.

United States Senator Barry Goldwater, in a letter dated October 19, 1981, told how he tried in vain to acquire access to the ‘blue room’ at Wright Patterson AFB. He said “this thing has gotten so highly classified, it is just impossible to get anything on it.” The Senator was also a military General. It is time to release the information on ‘blue room’ from the classified files.

Thousands of other similar incidents have occurred and extensive reports were promulgated. The standard government operating procedure of hiding the data needs to be replaced by a new process aimed at releasing all UFO information.

This is an article produced back in 1994 and is quite old, but what are ew to think of our speculations and the inadvertant accusations of UFO sightings are due to "Mental Illness/psychological/imaginary" implications.
There has been many more sightings since this list was created, but a good hard look at what each of these particular cases represents is a significant movement to "Closure" of the UFO phenomenon.

Pick a sighting incident from the above, U2U me with your requested section, I will then go to my "EDIT" and put your name as the researcher of that particular story/sighting, you then can investigate it at your leisure, but be vigilant and truthful in your finding's, "No proven Hoaxes excepted."
Let us here at the ATS Forums start a true investigation of unimaginable size and intelligence from the people that are truly interested in this field.

Comments are going to be welcomed on any of the topics mentioned above and even new sighting information, I , by myself can not achieve this task, but with you here at the forums, "We can kick some 'freedom of information' Butt!!"

Source of above list and context:
mufon.com...
"Sorry, forgot to add source previously."

[edit on 023030p://5174 by Allred5923]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The Cash-Landrum Case
Though I have just started this investigation, there are some very "Concerning" effects that were caused to the mentioned individuals.
Both psychologically and physically.

A terrifying encounter with a flame belching UFO on a lonely road near Huffman, Texas, resulted in appalling injuries for the three innocent victims. According to Bob Pratt, "the case remains one of the most important in the history of ufology. It has never been resolved. Someone in the U.S. knows exactly what happened to Betty and Vickie and Colby but they have remained silent despite all the suffering - and ridicule - those three endured."

here is an artists rendition of what they had seen that night on the Texas road as they approached it.
www.ufoevidence.org...

TRANSCRIPT OF BERGSTROM AFB INTERVIEW OF
BETTY CASH, VICKIE & COLBY LANDRUM
August 1981

www.cufon.org...

[edit on 033030p://0874 by Allred5923]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

I just wanted to thank you for the article posted about this UFO siting. I was the watch tower that night and there are some facts that were not mentioned. Such as that Jacksonville NAS launched 2 aircraft to intercept. Once they were on our radar the UFO vanished. They had it locked into there radar as well. Our radar locked onto one of the air-crafts. I have never seen a radar act so crazy. Spinning around and around up and down.
I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth due to the fact that I saw the UFO first from the tower. I and airman Kyle Criley woke the Petty Officer of the day and drug him up the tower to see what we saw. (before any calls received) That night we were told not to talk to anyone about this by the commanding officer. I have told this story to many of my friends and they all thought I was crazy! I am sure you can check Navy records to confirm I truly was there!
Thank you
John Falkenhagen

new topics

top topics

join