It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful guns...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It's all about the Heckler & Koch G36 Automatic Rifle,
superior in reliability to the M-16/AR-15 variants,
comes with a plethora of add-ons like the AR-15,
as well as special versions of the gun with a short
barrel, laser-sight and a foldable should piece.
You know .. for special operations, like the MP5K.
It can also be turned into a light-heavy machine gun,
using bipods and tripods and drum magazines.

Anyways .. here's some pics, it's just so PRETTY! I must own one, and I have like 9 months to go before I can own a gun (got a drug related misdemeanor a while ago, not selling just possessing). lets hope Obama doesn't outlaw my ability to snag this baby up .. and I even voted for the guy!
(Hey I live in Virginia, we had to make it go blue for the 1st time since 1964, it meant MORE to me than the principle of picking a lesser evil etc..)

source: www.hkpro.com...

The G36 is a reliable rifle, much more so than the M16 series. Though hard core M16 and AR-15 aficionados will have a difficult time accepting what they might describe derisively as 'Euro-Trash,' there is no denying the fact that the G36 rarely, if ever, jams. The most desirable departure from the M16 design is the fact that the gas used to operate the action is vented in the forearm, and not blown back into the action like the 'exhaust pipe' of the M16 gas tube. The G36 jams so rarely that HK has said that they have a G36K that has been fired more than 25,000 rounds without cleaning and no failures. I defy an M16 to duplicate that.

Though it would be doubtful that the G36 would ever replace the M16 for the U.S. military, it is taking off in the U.S. law enforcement community. Why not? Quality is in high demand.

This 1st pic is a standard G36

This is one on a bipod.

Shortened length special Ops version.

Being held with a grenade launcher add-on attached.

It also has the option of BUILT-IN night vision capability via the sophisticated targetting system. Here's an explanation and a pic.

So, gun experts, are these available in semi-auto mode only to the general public? yes or no? If yes = 9 months from now I shall own it.

I know full auto versions are used by the German and Spanish Armed Forces, and I heard talk of it becoming the uniform E.U. rifle for all member countries.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The G36 is the Western Worlds answer to the AK-47

Something that is not going to break down on you in battle...

The G36 has yet to be tested in a LARGE scale battle enguagement. The AK-47 will never jam... it just does not happen...

My favorite story of the Ak17 is a US Marine, cam across a Vietetcong, and he was dead down in a stream, and had been dead for several weeks, and in the mud and water.

The marine looked, and found the the man was laying onto of his ak47, and he picked it up

and although it had been underwater for weeks, covered in a combination of mud, and decomposing human flesh, and it still fired off without a hitch...

You snease on an m-16 and it jams... its a fantastic gun... but theres a reason the AK47 is on a Flag of a Nation ...

So... the G36 might be the future, we will see when it hits the field when it matters...

IMHO, the AK47 is still the single best gun for any person to have.

I also do not own any guns.
I do not own a house, and i do not want to really have a gun before owning a home...

But guns are great...

More guns= less crime

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I've actually read some pretty discouraging things about the G36. I'll take the AK or M16 any day.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join