It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan officials: missiles kill 12 in northwest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Pakistan officials: missiles kill 12 in northwest

start.verizon.net

A suspected U.S. missile strike killed at least 12 people in a village near the Afghan border on Friday, including several suspected foreign militants, Pakistani officials said.

The attack happened in North Waziristan, a Pakistani tribal region and stronghold of Taliban and al-Qaida fighters suspected of mounting attacks on U.S. troops in neighboring Afghanistan.

Pakistan's tribal belt is considered a likely hiding place for Osama bin Laden and al-Qaida No. 2 Ayman al-Zawahri. Missile attacks from unmanned U.S. aircraft in the region have increased dramatically in recent months.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
First and foremost..A suspected US strike..Now Im posting this because contrary to popular belief and there are many arguments that we keep hitting targets in Pakistan. Well there is a border dispute between Pakistan and Afghanistan, I mean dispute because there is no actual border, There are claims of this but no definitive border has been established so these attacks that are so close to Pakistan so close that they may in fact be happening inside Afghanistan.Again we will never know for sure because we are not currently there and as we know the media likes to embellish a tad.........

start.verizon.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-11-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
They are speaking of the NorthWest Frontier Province, For those who are not familiar with this place I will say that its probably some of the most rugged terrain in all of the land, It has peaks that extend to about 14-14500 miles up and the Taliban and AQ fighters navigate that terrain like its a walk in the park. It is also home to tribal wars and is basically a lawless area, Many speculate that after the Tora Bora bombings in 2001 Osama bin Laden managed to escape but was wounded, Mr bin Laden was probably taken over the border and into the NW Frontier Province where he just may be to this very day. Even with a 25 million dollar bounty out nobody will give him up. So Im thinking this is where the majority of the airstrikes is taking place..In my own opinion and its what I truly believe that he is there and we are going to get him.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Well there is a border dispute between Pakistan and Afghanistan,

There sure the hell is...and this should be brought up as the U.S. is taking quite a beating for their military strikes of late...

No doubt we have and will in the future, hit civilians...not saying it is right, but war is war...

And if I was even just a mid-level operative for either side, I would utilize everything at my disposal to include attacks that are perceived to come from someone else - specifically a BIG someone else that is viewed negatively already...

Make sense, and makes more trouble for us...if that is the case here...

Thanks for bringing this up...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well the way the US is going, they seem hell bent on starting war with Pakistan. The difference between Afghani communities and Pakistani communities in the NW frontier is clear as daylight (unless you blind maybe?) So striking Pakistani targets claiming they maybe Taliban etc is just a cover.

Heck the soon to be redeployed troops from Iraq will mean the US starts cross border raids and airstrikes on a more regular basis. If this does not eventually provoke war, either through the destabilization of Pakistan through civil unrest, rioting etc, leaving the door open for the Taliban to assume command of the military or through the military deploying along the Pakistan border to keep the Us out and one of their units getting killed by the US.

Which even scenario plays out, the US would be wise to remember, Pakistan is brimming to the teeth with western supplied weapons, armour and aircraft, not to mention the nuclear stockpile. Imagine a nuclear armed Taliban? Say bye bye coalition Kabul (one of the only 100% coallition controlled cities in Afghanistan), then again the Taliban is not as evil as the media has made them out over the years, so they would refrain from nuking civilians, women and children (which is more than the US can say, Japan is still pissed deep down I bet).

Anyway all is playing out as has been told by god, there is a prophecy from god saying an army will rise up from the Afghan/Pakistan/India region of the world. This army will be the ones who lead the fight against the armies of the devil (some may call the US and its allies this, but it could also be refering to Russia or China maybe?). All of you secular users need not reply. Afterall it will just be religion bashing, in an attempt to force your secular views across as the right view people should follow.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Saf85

All of you secular users need not reply. Afterall it will just be religion bashing, in an attempt to force your secular views across as the right view people should follow.

Holy Hypocrisy!!

Then what the hell is this...?!

Anyway all is playing out as has been told by god, there is a prophecy from god saying an army will rise up from the Afghan/Pakistan/India region of the world

Your post was going well until you started to think...try doing less of that - it may behoove you...

BTW - you were right about the bashing...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
No I am not trying to force my relgious views on anyone or justify them, like anyone posting anti relgion will end up doing, all I did was post a religious teaching I have been told in my past and also read about to verify it myself. If you choose to belive it then so be, if not so be.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I posted this item earlier why has this thread not been closed. I thought that was the normal processas thats what usaually happens to mine if I have posted later?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Actually I posted this thread very early this morning at 04:49 so perhaps its your thread that should be closed or we can share!!!! I love sharing but not my girlfriends

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
CMD, I'm not arguing with anyone, its just that I had a couple of threads closed for the same thing and I wondered why the same had not happened to you. Its not about you or your thread its about mod consistency.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

No worries Mushroom...Im not mad at all, I am having a few pints over here and enjoying my only day off this week!! Cheers mate

top topics

join