It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mystery glows on Saturn - 11/13/08

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
thanks infernos.

LOL @ Infernos! ... Sounds like Internos' evil alter ego!!!

On Topic

Great pics of Auroras guys. I've been lucky enough to witness the Southern Lights only once.

IRM

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

metallic hydrogen!?! very interesting suggestion, it seems a reasonable explanation, now that i know it exists

thanks.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Wow, metalic hydrogen core. And, hydrogen is the main ingredient to stainless steel. I didn't know either of these. Makes sense, because steel is a mixture of iron and processed coal, which is a hydocarbon, if my high school chemistry serves me right. Now stainless steel adds Nickel to make it stainless, so maybe all steel is mainly hydrogen? Is there more hydrogen in stainless steel than in regular steel? I know that stainless steel is not magnetic, and I believe, if memory serves me right, iron is more magnetic than steel, so I would guess that chances are a hydrogen based metal would not be magnetic, or have very weak magnetic properties.

I might add that hydro-carbons are organic molecules, and the basic structure of life on Earth. Maybe hydrogen emits some life force that we still don't understand that is different from electricity, or compliments electricity?

This paragraph is a bit off topic, but I thought I would throw it out there. It seems to me that our solar system acts like a centrifuge in reverse, with the heaviest atomic structures at the center of our solar system in our sun, and the lightest structures furthest out in the giant gas planets. My guess is that the core of Mercury is heavier than the core of Venus, which is heavier than the core of Earth, and so on.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

spikey, Stainless Steel does NOT contain ANY H, in elemental or compound forms H is a gas at STP and is NOT used in ANY metals or metal alloys. - Ink.

Ps, if steel was 70% H by weight, and could hold together, at STP your steel would rise up, up and away like a helium balloon. It wouldn't hold together long enough to do so though...

H = Hydrogen, STP = Standard Temperature and Pressure

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
It could possible due to the fact that the hemiosphere( The magnetic field created by the sun that protects the solar system from interstellar radiation) is shrinking and there is must more radiation penetrating closer to the center of our solar system...

here is the article that was just recently posted

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Does anyone know if this a new phenomenon? Has it always occurred but recently increased in activity or has our ability to observe phenomena like this simply improved through advancing technology and technique?

A Russian scientist claims that the entire solar system as a whole is entering an 'area of space' that he has called an 'interstellar energy cloud'

His name is Alexey Dmitriev but the only information i can find on his work is through 2012 research authors which i know will instantly discredit him with many here on ATS!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Well, I did a little research, and while steel does have some hydrogen in it, the goal of making good steel is to eliminate the hydrogen. From what little I read on the subject, it seems that turning coal to coke means removing as much of the hydrogen as is reasonably possible. To make stainless steel, they mix nickel, and other types of metals with anti-corrosive properties, to keep the steel from rusting, but certainly not hydrogen, so stainless steel can not have large amounts of hydrogen in it.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker88

It could possible due to the fact that the hemiosphere( The magnetic field created by the sun that protects the solar system from interstellar radiation) is shrinking and there is must more radiation penetrating closer to the center of our solar system...

here is the article that was just recently posted

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Now thats an interesting read, i suppose thats whats most likely going on here, it seems very plausible.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker88

I think it is the solar wind that creates a barrier and keeps a great deal of radiation from entering our solar system. I also remember seeing the thread about this shrinking bubble around our solar system. Good point, it might be related.

I would like to add that some natural diamonds apparently do have a high hydrogen content, but I couldn't find much information on the subject, but it also creates flaws in diamonds as well.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawn B.
Why are people posting pics of auroras without adding a reason for posting them?

I agree, very cool/creepy.

Answered yourself you have yes? Hmmm?

But it probably should be move to science forum

...---...

[edit on 15-11-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Google image search: Aurora Borealis

Google image search: Aurora Australis

Any difference?

Does Northern Lights look stringier for electron paths.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Shawn B.
Why are people posting pics of auroras without adding a reason for posting them?

I agree, very cool/creepy.

Answered yourself you have yes? Hmmm?

But it probably should be move to science forum

...---...

[edit on 15-11-2008 by zorgon]

Duh to discover science occulted by the cartels.

With visual aids.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

How about rotating gases with charges.
Lightning must be going on in all the gas giants.
Moving around in a circle makes an electric current that makes
the magnetic field.
Saturn's ring is a Homopolar motor moving in the plant's magnetic
field. See Eric Lerner's "The Big Bang Never Happened" Google
book linked in my profile. He also has plasma currents going into
the Sun's equator.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join