It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google reports flu searches to feds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Google reports flu searches to feds

www.drudgereport.com

ICK SURVEILLANCE: GOOGLE REPORTS FLU SEARCHES, LOCATIONS TO FEDS
Tue Nov 11 2008 15:34:50 ET

GOOGLE will launch a new tool that will help federal officials "track sickness".

"Flu Trends" uses search terms that people put into the web giant to figure out where influenza is heating up, and will notify the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in real time!

GOOGLE, continuing to work closely with government, claims it would keep individual user data confidential: "GOOGLE FLU TRENDS can never be used to identify individual users because we rely on anonymized, aggregated counts of how often certain search queries occur each week."

Engineers will capture keywords and phrases related to the flu, including thermometer, flu symptoms, muscle aches, chest congestion and others.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Wow, how frightening is it that you could end up in quarantine just because people in your neighborhood are googling "the flu". What is next? Will they start reporting people looking up the words "gov't" or "patriot"? Do they already? Obama and prop 8 are nothing more than smoke and mirrors to keep us from noticing the surveillance that is ongoing of the American (and British!) people.

Even more scary is that the gov't feels that it is necessary to keep such a watch on this sort of thing. I can't help but think of The Stand.

www.drudgereport.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I was thinking this whole time that government had already started working with the CDC and local health officials in an early warning system. I did hear of poultry farmers working with the CDC in an early monitoring system.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Exactly my thought on this. Get too many in one select area and what, they going to show up at your door step. This is just creepy.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Anyone still think the Govt. doesn't have it's tentacles in Google?

I use Google constantly - but one day soon Google will be used as an instrument of Tyranny that will exert amazing control over the unprepared.

A more perfect way to hijack the internet they could not have thought of.

Be Wary!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
There is an already existing thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further comments and/or questions to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

top topics

join