It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US lost nuke under Greenland ice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Just found this news report on the net. I wounder if it would be any good doubting it would ever get into the wrong hands.news.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
ummmm

Long after we have Nuked this current civilization back to the stone age.

In another era, when the ice is low... some one is going to find that bad boy and I don't buy one word about the water penetrating it if it was intact.

And a Sodom and Gomorrah like story will be told by his people.

Until then, good like finding anything in Billions of tons of moving glaciation

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I knew an Air Force guy who spent a few years up in Thule. The facilities were robust. Talk about an unforgiving environment. That warhead is probably under a sheet of ice.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
There is some good information about this on the internet. In some of my reading I came across an Atomic Energy Commission paper on the Thule incident. It can be found here. It details what information that they had about the incident, as well as what they were doing to clean up the area after the crash. What I found interesting is that they sent a shipment (not all) of weapons debris to Kirtland AFB New Mexico, and then subsequently re-shipped it to LASL (Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory). I am curious why they would do that. Kirtland is well known for UFO sightings (as recent as 1980). Kirtland is home to many interesting things, I was just wondering why send it here. Maybe because that base had alot to do with nuclear weapons? What would be the possibility that the crash was caused by a possible UFO activity? There were reports of UFO activity in Greenland around 1953. Thoughts? Links below.

1953 Greenland UFO Cases

Kirtland AFB

Atomic Energy Commission Document

Thule Air Base

KingBird 50 - Thule Air Base UFO

1952 Thule Navy Sighting

Edit: There is another thread on ATS that deals with this as well, see it here

[edit on 12-11-2008 by desertdreamer]

new topics

top topics

join