It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Forces Torture Afghani Reporter for Saying that the Presence of US Forces was Main Reason for Ins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

US Forces Torture Afghani Reporter for Saying that the Presence of US Forces was Main Reason for Instability

www.presstv.com

The Afghan journalist [Fayez Khurshid] was rendered unconscious by a taser and taken to a US base where the officers in charge of interrogating him, forced him to watch all the reports he had made for Press TV, while "shocking him on an electric chair and beating him on the head".

Continued below...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

He was threatened that if he continued to work for Press TV, his family would also suffer the consequences. Fayez repeatedly told his interrogators that he was a freelance journalist with no political ties to any foreign country.

Khurshid was released after an 18 hour detention.

Fayez had said in his latest report that the presence of the American forces in Afghanistan was the main reason for instability in the country and that Afghan authorities were instructed by foreign political forces to prevent the nation from chanting slogans against the US and Israel.

The sole fact that we are in Afghanistan is what is strengthening al-Quaeda, and the fact that al-Quaeda is becoming stronger is why we're staying there? This is wrong on so many levels, plus the fact that it was allegedly because he reported on something against the American occupation.

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The truth hurts.

Unfortunatly, if often hurts the ones telling it the most.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shocka

Are you frigging kidding me?

You are quoting IRANIAN news?

And this is coming from a person whose avatar quotes everything coming from the Obama campaign as proof of fascism.

Shame on you for being either stageringly anti-american or simply without a clue.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
reply to post by Shocka

And this is coming from a person whose avatar quotes everything coming from the Obama campaign as proof of fascism.

Shame on you for being either stageringly anti-american or simply without a clue.

I put more trust in their news than ours to report things like this. It's called world news, you should try watching it sometime instead of the MSM bs you're obviously eating up like a good little sheep.

How is it anti-American to post something like this anyway? My avatar by the way isn't about Obama at all, I actually support Obama, how did he get into this discussion? My avatar hardly describes him, more like what we're doing to their country.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Shocka]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shocka

Ahem, you are aware that PressTv is owned and managed by the Iranian government? They are always churning out something like this to shove down their populace's throats. I would hardly consider something like this article legitimate considering PressTv's reputation.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

I guess you're right i did a little bit of more research on it and I'm not quite sure yet if it's Us propaganda thats trying to discredit the news channel so we wont believe it or Iranian propaganda...either way i'm not going to just believe everything they say.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Shocka]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shocka and spec_ops_wannabe

Regardless of what newspaper posted the story, whether or not it is even true, there is a LOT of truth to the idea that our presence in the ME is dramatically increasing terroristm.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
reply to post by Shocka

LOL yeah.
PressTV Iranian state news.

I would trust the Easter bunny more.
I might start quoting Santa Claus.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It is funny how you americans keep saying your governments is corrupt and all that # , but when a different news comes from the "supposed enemy" you will just disregard it as fake.

Amusing really.

Still , it would be interesting to remember it. What sources are credible anyways?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ya know its kinda funny...Everybody loves to jump all over the United States butt when news surfaces about our actions during wartime and the world is up in arms about "supposed" interrogations to some reporter but I guess it ok when the people we are fighting broadcast a video of some shackled guy getting his friggin head cut off but the United States and its military are a bunch of savages for interrogations, I think its bullcrap that we are scrutinized so closely. First of all its an Iranian news station and did anybody see how bruised and injured this reporter was, No I didnt think so. Its all heresay. Sat it with me ATS..PROPAGANDA

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
LOL yeah.
PressTV Iranian state news.

I would trust the Easter bunny more.
I might start quoting Santa Claus.

Well...

at least it's not American news... they'd probably expect you to believe it's the tooth fairy's fault.

Iranian news... American news... it's all BS.

STOP READING BIASED NEWS SOURCES.
I don't care if they're from your enemy, or from your own country, they're freaking biased, and they will lie to you!

Get your news from a country that isn't involved in the fight!

Man... and I thought I was easily misled.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Johnsky..Star from me..That was a very good way of looking at it..The media sucks and its never going to actually tell the truth..I will dance a jig if I ever hear of anything remotely close to the truth...........

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Just because it's from the Iranian Government, doesn't mean it's not true. Carefully selected Anti-American story, yes. Just like US run news carefully selects stories for us about them.

Same s***, different country.

All countries have their own propaganda. None are innocent.

top topics

join