It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

caller id question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
my phone just rang, and on the caller id the number said
000-000-0000

wtf is that? anyone ever seen or get such a thing on their caller id before...and no it's not my phone with a problem...because my aunt called my before that call and her number showed up perfectly and my travel agent called my just now from an 800 number and that showed up perfectly... no one that i was expecting a call from called me at the time that number came thru...

and of course that number is not a number you can call...so wtf was that about?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
A glitch in the caller ID, Is it batteries? Or a plug in?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
i have 2 phones with caller id... the downstairs one is a plug, piece of equipment by itself, the other is the on the cordless phone itself..

both showed the same 000 number

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
i have 2 phones with caller id... the downstairs one is a plug, piece of equipment by itself, the other is the on the cordless phone itself..

both showed the same 000 number

Thats very odd, maybe instead of showing unavalible, it showed the 0s.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
i don't know...being paranoid as i am...i tend to question everything.

but i can scroll thru the calls and i still 'unknown number" and "blocked number" so why wouldn't this new one show up as either?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
nothing to worry about, it's just the CIA or one of those groups checking thier tap that they have on your phone...

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
nothing to worry about, it's just the CIA or one of those groups checking thier tap that they have on your phone...

is that what that was!!! sheesh...no probs then....i thought maybe aliens were trying to contact me...but since it's only the FBI or CIA..then all is good

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Sounds like a telemarketing firm circumventing identification laws. When you've got a WATS based phone room with 100's of phones going out over a flat rate outbound the actual ID is set in the hardware.

I used to have to manage a Defintiy unit for a phone room. We had to put a return 800 number identifier along with our name on out going calls by law.

The firm using 000-000-0000 is trying to get around call blocks that won't allow calls not displaying SOME number as well. That's all. No biggie.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
if it is a telemarketer...i'm mad..our number is supposed to be on the that fcc do not call list.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
CIA ??????BRAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Did you ever think that som1 could have called from a payphone, here in Hong Kong if you call from a payhphone the number is blocked, i dunno if thats the same where you are.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
if a number is blocked...it will show up on the caller id as
"blocked number" or "number unknown"

not 000-000-0000

new topics

top topics

join