It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrites...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'll add your kinfolk to my prayers, Saphie.
What would be a shame if our leadership did nothing and allowed those who mean us harm to bring violence to us. That would be the sin committed by us, not stifling the evil that is headed our way.

Hopefully after all is said and done the Iraqi people will benefit in this. While the safety of my family is important to me, somewhere in Iraq there is a father of a 12 year old who is married to a beautiful lady who wants the best for his family. I hope after all is said and done he has better opportunity to make it happen.

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
moonclamp - When someone can't come here and put together proper sentences, it makes them look like they're crazy or clueless. You're not going to convince people with your argument when it looks like an overnight homework assignment by a 6th grader.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MT69

This reminds me of my POW camp training where the guys playing the POW camp guards were blaming me, the leader of our group, for the beating a female was taking after I declined to sign a war crimes declaration...I told them everything that happened in the camp was their fault not my fault since they created the POW camp. They were shocked...

What is your job MT69 ?

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 06:06 AM
link   
"Lupe...so you live in England but haven't mastered ENGLISH yet???? "

My English is fine.
and my post was perfectly understandable to anyone who had the grey matter to look through the odd spelling mistake.

what I have mastered however is the ability to click the "post reply" button once.
presumably The years of masturbation and ritalin abuse have given you a twitch.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
"What is your job MT69 ? "

don't be silly U.P.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101
"What is your job MT69 ? "

don't be silly U.P.

Aaaaah, ok ok.... I was meaning " Where are you ? The Navy, Army, Air Force ? And what's your job in the branch where you are "

Don't be so ? Heu ? Oh yeah, I know.... Don't be so " lupe_101 ".

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I meant don't be silly concerning the possibility that he has a job.

He can barely breathe and type at the same time let alone hold a position of responsibility.

I'm sure that one day the internet will allow morbidly obese shut ins to become productive members of society but until then the most productive thing he'll do today will probably be cleaning his arse with a wet rag on a broom handle.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Lupe, you're doing the same way he does right now...

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   
really?
gosh!
how wonderfully insightful of you.

yeah I know, I just get so bored of these red neck nazi freeks, they make me start considering mass trailer park sterilization programs.

Oh the irony.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
sarcasm alive and kicking but given your views its just a tad difficult to tell when your being sarcastic and serious (as someone else pointed out on another thread)

This is why I would support Simon in a search for an emoticon of some kind that would identify sarcasm being used in a post...However, I'm not going to help search for one unless I get some kind of indication that Simon is actually going to *use* one in the first place.

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
LOL!! It takes all I can do to keep from ending a sentence with a preposition!

...And we should also be careful about letting our participles dangle in a public forum...

Originally posted by Saphronia
murder is murder, its all wrong. i can't condone either. my heart won't allow it..though my brain sees your point. its simple to me really, violence is never the answer.

Perhaps you should all take a look at www.theonion.com...
Yeah, it's from The Onion...But it really makes you stop & wonder about those people who see violence as the *only* way to make a point. And yet you have to stop & think that the violence is all being caused by the two *oldest* reasons for commiting violence in the first place: Religion and/or politics. IMO, both of those concepts should be banned worldwide, simply because they've *always* been used as an excuse to commit such acts of mass-murder...But *how* to rid humanity of these two scourges? I have no idea, but I'm open to sugggestions.

Lupe, I've lived in a trailer park for over 30 years of my life...If you consider me to fit your uneducated, unsightful, bigoted stereotype, then you need to schedule more time with your therapist (In your particular case, I'd suggest 24/7 with occasional breaks from the couch to a comfortable padded room & a badly-tailored jacket with long sleeves & buckles up in the back).

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Sarchasm...

...The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Threads of this nature are difficult to comment on because people become too subjective in their views and not objective enough . Its not unreasonable to suppose that a better kind of discussion could take place but when such extremes of views are taken it incites people to write what they may not under normal circumstance say. I love this board and its particpants for their differing views but unfortunately people tend to take it as a personal insult and respond as such.

In a time and place such as our own we should be more sensitive and considerate of other peoples opinions because its only through this that we can learn and grow. When we negate each others arguements through misinterpretations of language and personal insult we are on a slippery slope to becoming like the governments and scienitifict authorities we wish to dispute with.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   

What is your job MT69 ?

I've done work with ICBMs and satellites...in the USAF.

The POW camp was at Combat Survival School that I completed back in college as a cadet...years ago. I mainly for anyone that flies and gets caught as a POW. I might do some flying in my next job or get sent to a war zone, so it's a good thing to have.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   

A small group of misguided Americans funded the IRA, the USA overall didn't like the IRA tactics but also didn't like England running "another" colony in Ireland.

The Brits should've pulled out of Ireland earlier and the IRA would've never popped up on the map, so both sides are to blame.

The Protestants should've just left Ireland if they can't stand the majority of the country being Catholic. I'm Protestant myself and don't agree with either side killing each other over "religion and politics." If I couldn't stand Catholics running Ireland, I would run for office myself or just leave for the UK.

I'm about 75% English blood and the rest Irish/German/Scottish. I blame everyone over there in the UK/Ireland for the whole mess. It's just idiots running amuck instead of just allowing democracy in a FREE country, not a UK colony, to run its course.

The Brits still hang on to their imperialistic views of the world and the Irish think what church you attend makes you a legit Irishman. All that stupidity rolled up on little islands in the North Atlantic is why Americans really don't care what the morons are fighting for over there. We can't invade England to force them to give Ireland land back to the locals and we can't invade Ireland to force them to quit shooting each other over churches.
the small group of misguided americans actually funded your old pal gaddafi to set up the worlds best terrorist training camps to which everyone from the ira to mr bin laden has been grateful for since the early 70s.the ira have been on the map since the days of king billy and only came back into prominence at the start of the troubles. protestants outnumber catholics in nothern ireland 2.5 million to 1.5 million.the protestants were and still are running the country and the minority catholic community started civil rights marches asking for equal rights. the british army were sent in after protestants started attacking the civil rights marches as a peacekeeping force to protect catholics marching.the first british solidier killed was shot by a protestant. the ira popped up on the map by turning a civil rights issue into a political one.its began bombing mainland britain killing innocent people out enjoying themselves and ran a terror campaign in northern ireland killing protestants and catholics in a bid for absolute power. the morons over here wanted equal rights but got 30 years of terror instead. there have been 1000s of discussions of ways and means to end the dispute in northern ireland but by far and away the most crazy and clueless i ever heard was for america to invade it.....................HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
"I blame everyone over there in the UK/Ireland for the whole mess. It's just idiots running amuck instead of just allowing democracy in a FREE country, not a UK colony, to run its course."

I`d not really picked up on this before but I think your comments show a gross misunderstanding of the situation. You are now blaming us for events that are now so tied in to the history of England/Ireland that they go back centuries. You claim to have about 75% english blood, which is laughable, if you did you might have more sensitivity to this.

I can not and will not stand for your comments, on occassion you show a glimmer of intelligence, only to smashed to smithereens one second later. you rely on a second rate knowledge of history and current affairs, to try to add something to a conversation yet the only thing you seem to have done is take each thread further from its original strain. Not only that but you constantly deride people in a hypocritical way pulling them up on spelling and opinions in their postings when you do the same in yours, in many ways you remind me of the Bible, outspoken hypocritical and with no place for other lifestyles but your own

(apologies to the bible, I know your not that bad)

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I mainly for anyone that flies and gets caught as a POW.

I know. That's hard.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Mr. MT69. In response to your post.
Do you really think that the EU or NATO in that fact would risk another World War for an insignificant country like Iraq, and for what? To probably pay a little extra at the Fuel pump.
Before any European country goes to war they will express extreme caution.
America, besides Hawaii didn't experience the Second World War like Europeans. It shaped their future. They actually think before they act of say something. Most of them anyway.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
1) The invasion of Ireland/England statement to fix the IRA mess was sarcasm. Again, the Brits show they have no clue.

2) Europeans don't want to mess with Iraq because they have oil deals with them and they illegally sell them weapons on the side. Germany doesn't want to be caught with their pants down once everyone sees what they've been doing with Iraq since the end of the Gulf War.

3) England brought the IRA bombing upon itself by treating Ireland like a colony for years. We don't condone the IRA's terrorism, but don't point the finger at us for your English imperialism. Oh...and my family roots come mostly from England.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   

3) England brought the IRA bombing upon itself by treating Ireland like a colony for years. We don't condone the IRA's terrorism, but don't point the finger at us for your English imperialism. Oh...and my family roots come mostly from England.
Actually most of the English are fully aware of their Imperialistic past, I for one am quite happy to admit the sins of our fathers. It was protestant settlers that we sent from Scotland that caused a lot of the trouble in the first place.

Anyway, you said that your family originate in England?

Well a hell of a lot of you were spawned from us, if it was not for the white European and his methods of conquering every land there was, the USA would not exist today and the Native American Indians would be still roaming free.

I admit that we were wrong in the past. That includes India, Africa and most of the civilised world. The European white man (one of which I am) has caused more wars, more pain and more terror in it's history than any other race on Earth.

The question is do we repeat the age old pattern that we have passed on to your good selves or do we get off the runaway train now and look for another solution?

[Edited on 22-1-2003 by moonclamp]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join