It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a top secret plane?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius

Originally posted by Zenagain
That's not even remotely an F-117. Look closer. It's sleeker and has upward canted wingtips.

I used to see them flying around all the time when I was in the USAF and I can tell you, that is an F117. I don't know why the USAF would be flying top secret craft around the most known base in the world anyway.

Try a bit harder, that isn't an F-117. It's long and mostly flat minus the wing tips. It has three central focuses of light, where are you going to see that on the F-117 and where is the flight canopy if its an F-117?

lol

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IceColdPro

I am also waiting for a response from the OP regarding the size.

I get the feeling it might be like the Falcon test craft.
Which is a scale model. If it is a model, then changes things quite considerably.

Here's the vid:

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
There was a stealth attack aircraft that the Navy was developing called the A-12 that was purportedly cancelled. It had the same look.

An A-12 is an SR-71 without the recon package. Another variant is the YF-12.

A-12 is not top secret or new. It has been around a while.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

It was definitely much smaller than say...a B-2. I would say probably about the size of an f-16, or maybe slightly smaller. Sorry I don't have better details for you.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Like they would have a top secret plane out in daylight. Looks to be a 117 on a landing with flaps deployed at a good distance in pic 1. But those who want it to be something else will never see it. The point over the cockpit is 100% obvious. I doubt a hypersonic aircraft would have such a point.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Masisoar

Try a bit harder, that isn't an F-117. It's long and mostly flat minus the wing tips. It has three central focuses of light, where are you going to see that on the F-117 and where is the flight canopy if its an F-117?

Its right there at the top. The plane is coming towards him, so all you really see are the triangle cockpit and a bit of the wings.

I tried to show you what I'm talking about here, but couldn't find an f117 at the exactly right angle. Its basically coming straight at him, but tilted slightly to the right, so the wings look more swept back.

Here is a screen cap of an F-117 coming in at about the same angle.

Here is a comparison I did of both craft. I edited the right image to try and get the same angle.

It is pretty obvious this is an F-117.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I say x-48 blended wing bomber.
X-48 on wiki

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I shared this with a my partner (he's a really smart guy) here is what he had to say.

Looks plausible. Although it would have been nice if the person who took the picture posted the real original photo.

Also, the linked photos say they were taken with a Panasonic DMC-FZ8 which is a 7 mega pixel camera. The EXIF data says however that it's only a 2 mega pixel image. Why downsize the image?

Also if he/she had posted the original image all of the EXIF data would have been attached to the file. It makes me suspicious the file has been modifed if that data is not there. Someone would have to know how to remove that data to do that, which again makes me suspicious.

However, it does look plausible. Analysts have been saying for years the Aurora exists and we know they wouldn't have retired the F117 unless they had something that replaced it.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Honestly, it looks fake to me.
The object appears to be flat. It seems like it doesn't have any depth (ie. like it's a 2d object).

Hopefully if the image manipulation experts, like Jeff Ritzman and David Biedny, have any time, they will analyze it better than any of us could and reach some conclusions.

From the two pictures it looks to me as the object changed directions. So the author should have been able to get a sense of speed and maneuverability. Has the OP said anything about it's speed or maneuverability?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It is almost definitely not an F-117 because the F-117 has been retired and the last flight of the craft was already announced, performed, and landed. All they're used for now is scrap metal. Please read this post:

Last F-117 Flight

Additionally you can see fins on the wingtips, suggesting where the front of the plane is, but the V-tail seems to be missing.

IMO this looks more like some kind of experimental scramjet vehicle, like the X-43A, or even more likely, you witnessed part of the X-51A research program, which is funded by the Air Force (thus why you saw it at the Roswell base) and Darpa, the Pentagon's research arm, and is described in this Popular Science article.

Looks like you caught a glimpse of tomorrow's air superiority technology. Awesome!

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Magnus47]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

Did you look at the image in it's full size? Or at picture 2?

I'm asking this because from picture 2 I get the impression that what you call cockpit in your post, appears to be the left wing, and what you call right wing is actually the front of the aircraft.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Until the OP explains this

"Also, the linked photos say they were taken with a Panasonic DMC-FZ8 which is a 7 mega pixel camera. The EXIF data says however that it's only a 2 mega pixel image. Why downsize the image?

Also if he/she had posted the original image all of the EXIF data would have been attached to the file. It makes me suspicious the file has been modifed if that data is not there. Someone would have to know how to remove that data to do that, which again makes me suspicious. "

I am saying- H-O-A-X

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by danx

Yeah, in the second image it almost looks like one of those scram jet craft.

That first picture is an image I've seen 100 dozen times though, as the F-117s would come in to land. I still think its an F-117, but in that second image is a weird angle.

I'm even starting to think the whole image could be fake. I just don't see why they would fly something secret, in the daytime, near a base everyone and their grandma knows about.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius

Its right there at the top. The plane is coming towards him, so all you really see are the triangle cockpit and a bit of the wings.

I tried to show you what I'm talking about here, but couldn't find an f117 at the exactly right angle. Its basically coming straight at him, but tilted slightly to the right, so the wings look more swept back.

/facepalm

I suppose the 3 lights you see under it are "reflections right?" lol

Blow up either picture, 1 or 2.. you can clearly make out the aircraft and isn't an F-117.

Claiming its a F-117 is like claiming that random rock formations in the Mars photos are "clearly" pyramids from a past civilization.

Gotta use a little common sense in this dear ole world of ours.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I happen to think Marcus Calpurnius is correct and most people are looking at it 'the wrong way around'.

F-117 coming towards the camera at an angle was my first thought, but then I looked at it the other way...........

My conclusion, looking at the image the same way most people seem to be, was that the credit crunch has hit the USAF hard and they're hoping to pull the wool over those nasty teerists' eyes by painting a retired Avro Vulcan black and passing it off as a prototype stealth!!

Seriously though, couldn't this be quite easily cleared up by the OP letting us know which direction the planes were flying in in both images? Surely he noticed! If not than I think we should view the images with caution!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Look closer at the first pic. When you click on all sizes and look at the big picture, it's definitely NOT an F-117, no matter how many times you try to show that it is. The F-117 would only have two points of white light showing without the gear down, and you'd only see three in a nose on shot with the gear down. This has three points of white light showing, and it's obvious that the gear is NOT down.

It's in a right bank, nose going to the left, with the wingtips making it look like a raised fuselage. I've seen enough F-117s in landing configuration to recognize them. I used to have to stand on the runway waiting for them to get their drag chutes so they could come off the runway. This is NOT an F-117.

The easiest way to prove this is to find out when the picture was taken. If it was after the last flight date, then it's really obvious that this is not an F-117.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

You just waste a lot of your time, as did I originally, by not looking at the higher resolution image posted by the OP or the blow ups posted by other posters, which clearly shows the F117 likeness is an optical illusion, as it's really a delta wing on it's side, not a stealth head on.

Whoever gave you the star was also mislead. Whether the image is true or not is one debate, but there is no doubt that it is not a F117 Nighthawk or even anything similar. This is some sort of hypersonic craft or a scale model of a hypersonic craft or a photoshop.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

The first two are fake. The first one has been composited on a still photo. The second one uses a very frequently used audio loop in fake UFO videos. Audio post production really sucks in almost every fake.

The rest I cannot tell either way. The third one in particular looks quite interesting.

-rrr

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You know what I just now noticed? (cause I am a clueless idiot sometimes)

If a post has an inferrence of earth bound origin, for example someone prefaces it with: "I took the pic near area 51" then there isn't one peep about it being an alien craft being covered up by Nasa or the US Government.

But if someone omits that and the picture is even remotely blurry, out of focus or really distant (think a snashot of a street map from 500 yards) then we get 100's of posts swearing it's from planet X or something..

I'd bet if this pic were posted without the area 51 reference, we'd have many members swearing up and down that it was alien.

It's ALL perception.

ack!

Personally I think it looks like that new UAV I saw on Future Weapons.
That baby rocks! I want one in 2018 when it goes live!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ampaf707

Oh and on the topic, those airplanes look a bit like the aurora to me, some kind of hypersonic jet perhaps? Could also be an UAV. So how come they let you visit area 51? how close do you get?

-rrr

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join