It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militarization of the American Homeland: ACLU Demands Information on UMilitary Domestic Operations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Militarization of the American Homeland: ACLU Demands Information on UMilitary Domestic Operations

www.globalresearch.ca

On October 2, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request demanding information from the government on U.S. Northern Command's (NORTHCOM) deployment of the 3rd Infantry Division's 1st Combat Brigade Team (BCT) on U.S. soil for "civil unrest" and "crowd control" duties.

As former FBI whistleblower and senior ACLU national policy counsel Mike German states, "This is a radical departure from separation of civilian law enforcement and military authori
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.gnn.tv

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Can't really fit much in the snippet but the basics is ACLU is really stepping up here and I am damn glad to see it. They are trying to expose why the military is violating Posse Comitatus.

I truly hopes this gets more attention. As far as I am concerned this is a huge step towards police state.

Kudos to the ACLU but I am sure this will only generate a lot of documents that have largely been 'blacked out.'

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
They'll never get any information.They'll clam up and claim national security classification.Can't you see.While we slept,Hannibal breached the gate.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
They'll never get any information.They'll clam up and claim national security classification.Can't you see.While we slept,Hannibal breached the gate.

You might be right. Really the only way they will get anywhere with this is if they can get enough public attention to it. As I have little faith I remain hopeful.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

There is always intent behind any government action.The deployment of troops for "crowd control" imo a red herring.There is a far more sinister plan in mind.Crowd control is a job for the national guard not the US Army.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The national guard units here were trained at Ft .Stewart and deployed to fight in Iraq right beside those in the Army.

We have the Air National Guard and the Army National Guard.

The Army National is at this time being trained at Ft. Stewart for crowd control and what ever is necessary on our soil.

The Army National Guard would not have adequate personal to keep the peace.

The same thing happened in WW2. The Coast Guard was taken in by the US Navy and sent to war.

The Army National Guard has served it's country well in the war in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
^^ True that is! Our cities are more "european" so maybe that is something to do with this training/deployment.

But, take the bad with the good and deduce wider scope of possibilities, I say. Could be the rise of communism/fascism/fuedalism or it could be training to sack Denmark. I mean, "whites" (and just about everybody else) raided each other in the past you know. England, remember that?

Ya, even if so and so came out and told us the truth would we even listen? Could be part of a "zionist" plan to smush Germany or all kinds of "could be" scenarios. I don't know about all that, I do know there are people who hold a grudge living now that think revenge for their ancestors is totally cool and a needful thing... Witness militant extremism and terror groups.

new topics

top topics

join